Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds

Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Antipunk217

Tell me about the Multiplayer 2W2

I have heard plenty about he single player, how is the multiplayer? What do you do?
how does it work?
and so on
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Nerv322

I would also like to know this too.

Also is it map based like Two Worlds?

The biggest problem I had with Two Worlds MP was the flawed AI. Does it still exist? For example you fight a big dragon with a mate and proceed to smash him up, but the dragon can't hit either of us becuase it only tracks the last person that hit him. Meaning he goes back and forth of who to attack and thus attacks nobody and dies.

Are the quest still rubbish fetch like quests that get randomly generated but are more or less the same every time you play?

Last edited by Nerv322: 02-04-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Nerv322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
derkaderka

mp has a lobby city with vendors and admins like the previous two worlds. there you join other groups for a game mode, or go solo.

mp has a campaign mode. it is kinda like a series of "dungeons"? linear maps. you have a main mission, you can play it solo or with friends.. i solo'd them all as a mage. each level is linear with portal/save points so you can port back to the start and sell your loot and port back to where you left off. each dungeon has a difficulty level. dungeon gets easy if you've run it before because you've leveled up and its difficulty stays the same. you unlock the next dungeon once you've beat the previous one.

you level up, after about the 5-6th dungeon youre pretty much done. i enjoyed it for what it was, a challenge to solo without being too high level. after that people just aoe farm the last dungeon to gain more levels and gear but i don't find that interesting gameplay or reward.

then i guess theres pvp/arena mode maps but i wasnt interested in it.

there is a neat village mode though. you run a village, manage citizen happiness, you buy/build buildings and increase population, upgrade buildings to produce food, items, potions, weapons, whatever, or you just stick with the food and make tons of gold off the citizens. you also get side quests there (manage citizen happiness) and and there are chests there for lockpicking on respawn timers that have a chance of having the unique items from the single player.

this village mode helps you gain gold while not in game, so you can buy skill books and spell books and potions, etc for your other mp modes.

Last edited by derkaderka: 02-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.
derkaderka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
Scrooj

The MP is very good - played it all day today with my mate.

No lag and fun combat that is actually challenging.

Nice little dungeon crawler type game with excellent loot system.
Scrooj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds