Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori

Old 02-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
gang0r

Toki Tori level sharing!

Hey guys,

Me and my friend are fanatic Toki Tori players. Now we've finished all the levels we thought it might be cool to share levels with eachother. We have both made a level, see the links underneath, hope you guys will share as well!

Happy Falls (by gang0r) *updated
Bastian's toki tori lvl (by Giliax)

Please share and comment!

Have fun all,

gang0r

Last edited by gang0r: 02-16-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Angstrom

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see some user-created levels around here. I'll give these a shot when I get the chance.
Angstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
gang0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see some user-created levels around here. I'll give these a shot when I get the chance.
great!

can't wait for it!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
hesselTwoTribes

Two Tribes
Nice going!

I finished Happy Falls with one bridge left in my inventory

Some tips for the level creating enthusiasts out there:
  1. Ropes do not have collision. I see that most user levels paint collision tiles on the hanging ropes, but in the regular game Toki can walk behind or in front of those ropes.
  2. If you place the normal tiles in the normal layer some things go automatically. For example: the soil and grass tiles in the forest falls (i.e. the basis of your level) should go in the normal layer. If you do this, the game will put bits of grass, small rocks, etc. on your level automatically.
  3. The background layer is for the darker background tiles, we do this so we can overlap the normal layer tiles with the background tiles.
  4. In the regular game the startpoint is almost always one tile above the ground. We do that because we think the start animation (the teleport effect) works better if Toki falls a little after it.

I also wrote a blogpost on how we create Toki Tori levels, it may be interesting: http://twotribes.com/message/the-ana...ki-tori-level/ (though step 3 is automated in your version of the editor)

If you have any other questions regarding the creation of levels, feel free to ask! And keep those levels coming! (we might feature the really good ones in future updates, if you give us permission)
hesselTwoTribes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
gang0r

thank you for your comment!

I see by finalizing my level I made an error by moving some things!
I've adjusted my failure ;p

do you have any levels to share?

Gr Jakko
Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
hesselTwoTribes

Two Tribes
You're welcome.

I currently don't have any levels to share and I'm afraid I won't be working on Toki Tori levels any time soon. But then again, you've probably played most of my levels (I made some of the official hard levels and a couple of the bonus levels ).
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
ASecondOpinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesselTwoTribes View Post
I'm afraid I won't be working on Toki Tori levels any time soon.
Which is a shame.
... Just sayin'...

Not hoping for something at all... ... ...
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
gang0r

pff :(

a few nights ago I had a dream that there were new toki tori levels! now today I remembered the dream and directly checked it out.. but no.. no new levels

I feel so sad..

what to do now?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #9
hesselTwoTribes

Two Tribes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gang0r View Post
I feel so sad..

what to do now?
Create some more awesome levels?

Or, eh, play RUSH?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Mateus090985

Where do I put your levels? I mean in wich folder of Toki Tori on Steam?
Mateus090985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
hesselTwoTribes

Two Tribes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
Where do I put your levels? I mean in wich folder of Toki Tori on Steam?
You can save them wherever you want and the start the levels by opening them in the editor and press the play (or run) button.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
Mateus090985

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesselTwoTribes View Post
You can save them wherever you want and the start the levels by opening them in the editor and press the play (or run) button.
Thanks, will try it now.
Mateus090985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
gang0r

did u play them yet?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #14
Illyria

For me Happy Falls was really easy and therefore a bit letdown. Finished it 2 bridges left in my inventory.
Bastian's level was much harder and actually pretty good, finished it 1 bridge left in my inventory
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
hesselTwoTribes

Two Tribes
So, yeah, I lied back in February. We were working on some levels

And with the latest update you will be able to create levels in the Test Lab theme too! But the tileset is a little different from the other ones, so I made a simple example level to show how to use the tiles: grab it here.

Things to pay attention to:
  • The white border is on the Normal layer which is another layer than the regular, concrete tiles. The concrete tiles go on the Stairs layer.
  • If you use the right concrete tiles, they will be replaced by a random tile in game. This makes the level look much better!
  • I mostly use the Normal and Foreground layers for all the lights and light beams, you can do fun stuff by putting parts of a light beam in those two layers For example in one of the last bonus levels I've put horizontal light beam above a couple of lights.
  • We've created some (single tile) shadow tiles you can put in the Normal layer to create the effect of sunken tiles.
  • The background tiles are just two tiles: one shadow tile to go behind the ceiling part of the concrete tiles and the regular background tile. The regular tile will also be auto-replaced in-game so be careful what tile you use. Also, there's a subtle shadow in the Stairs layer that connects to the shadow tiles on the Background layer.

I would advice you to turn off all layers and look at each separate layer to see what i've described above.

One last tip: the eyedropper tool is your friend if you want to see how a level is made. It's also pretty useful when you're creating your own levels; I use it constantly to pick the tile I need from close to my cursor instead of "all the way down" (yes, I am lazy/efficient) in the tile window.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your Test Lab levels

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori