Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #391
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
Back to the Sewers! And this time, grabbing all the eggs is just a part of the puzzle!

Sewer Juggler
Screenshot | Download: MediaFire
Release Date: February 11, 2012 (version 1)

Here's another map about running several times through the same area, although it shouldn't be as hard as Constant Need for Air. The difficulty comes when you think about what to do with the slurgs, but none of the eggs is deviously hard to reach...

I tried to give as much margin for error as possible but there may be some parts that are a bit ninja... nothing that needs milisecond precision, though...

Haven't tried to break the map myself so there may be a handful of alternate solutions (you start with quite a lot of items). In any case, blocking the slurg paths, or releasing the slurgs in a different order than the apparent isn't part of the intended solution, so don't be a cheater! I could have blocked a couple more things if I didn't get the 'Rewind Freeze Screen of Death' bug every time I make the map larger...

Have fun!
That looks really complex. Too complex.
I solved it in 20 minutes with 6 items left.

I'll post a video link, once I have recorded and uploaded the solution.
Edit: Youtube link

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 02-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #392
moldy_tomato

Quote:
In any case, blocking the slurg paths, or releasing the slurgs in a different order than the apparent isn't part of the intended solution, so don't be a cheater!
I now tried the level again while taking that into account, and broke the level even worse, but without blocking the path of a single slug.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 02-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #393
G.Lecter

Quote:
I could have blocked a couple more things if I didn't get the 'Rewind Freeze Screen of Death' bug every time I make the map larger...
You did exactly the couple of things I wanted to fix... I have uploaded a new version with a few changes. You can still telewarp out of the map, and you may still be able to telewarp over the slurgs... just don't do it, you know you haven't solved it!

Your first video was coming along very nicely, but you obviously are not expected to bypass the whole part when you release the 2 slurgs... that's the most awesome part!

Sewer Juggler

Last edited by G.Lecter: 02-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.
G.Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #394
Dark Cyanide

4 GL
Quote:
and you may still be able to telewarp over the slurgs... just don't do it
Dunno if it would affect the puzzle or not, but you could maybe add an additional slurg or two on the other one's butt making the teleport over them impossible..And if your ears start burning GL, don't worry, that'll just be me cursing you out again ...and again....and again

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 02-12-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Dark Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #395
moldy_tomato

I just solved Sewer Juggler.
This looks like it could be the intended solution.

It took me about 1.5-2 hours to solve, if you only count the time I was awake. (It's not like I wasn't trying to solve it at all while sleeping)

I was worried that there would be 1 rock or bridge too few for my solution, but thankfully I counted wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cyanide View Post
Dunno if it would affect the puzzle or not, but you could maybe add an additional slurg or two on the other one's butt making the teleport over them impossible.
Or maybe just make there to not be enough room to even use the telewarp, like this for example.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 02-12-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #396
G.Lecter

Thanks for testing! It's not the intended solution, I'm surprised you used the same ammount of items exactly... Some parts were solved the same way or very close to the intended solution, though...

Here's a fixed version, slightly modified my own solution this time:

Sewer Juggler

Last edited by G.Lecter: 02-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #397
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Thanks for testing! It's not the intended solution, I'm surprised you used the same ammount of items exactly... Some parts were solved the same way or very close to the intended solution, though...

Here's a fixed version, slightly modified my own solution this time:

Screenshot | Download (v3)
I give up!

I mean... I did solve the version 3 in about half an hour, but I have now already spent over an hour trying to record the solution, and I give up trying to do that.

The solution I found is just way too much ninja, so I doubt it is the intended way.

Maybe I can explain the solution by scribbling on the screenshot.

Edit: I don't know if you can make any sense of it, but here's my attempt of explaining the solution.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 02-12-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #398
BlinkyBlink

It's nice to see all the activity here Levels being sumbitted, broken fixed and resubmitted and we have about another 2.5 weeks to go

GL, I noticed you still make your screenshots with Photo Shop. Do you know the Laucher now creates JPGs by using CTRL + I ?

edit:
I solved Sewer Juggler with several items left. But since I blocked the path of a slug, you probably see that cheating.
I had a look at the level in the editor and noticed you've gone through many efforts to prevent blocking of slug paths using death tiles but not at the top of the stairs. So I just thought you did that intentionally and made use of it

The only ninja I needed was
Spoiler:
to teleport up twice to the top row at the 3rd gap to evade two slugs and hurry to the final eggs

Last edited by BlinkyBlink: 02-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.
BlinkyBlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #399
G.Lecter

Version 4 is up, thanks again for testing! This is the first time I think I could have blocked all alternate solutions...

Sewer Juggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato
Maybe I can explain the solution by scribbling on the screenshot.
The pic was helpful enough, although I don't know how ninja your solution was. The '3rd act' is supposed to be ninja, but in your previous videos you are moving faster than I do with mouse controls, so you shouldn't have any trouble when it comes to speed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkyBlink
I had a look at the level in the editor and noticed you've gone through many efforts to prevent blocking of slug paths using death tiles but not at the top of the stairs. So I just thought you did that intentionally and made use of it
I'm not that sneaky! It seems that I forgot to add a few death tiles, should be fixed now...

Quote:
The only ninja I needed was...
Don't run, they are your friends! You're supposed to deal with the 2 final slurgs, that's ultimately what the whole puzzle is about!

---
Quote:
I noticed you still make your screenshots with Photo Shop. Do you know the Laucher now creates JPGs by using CTRL + I ?
Yeah, I use that a lot, but for the final screenshots I kinda prefer white backgrounds instead (except on Test Lab maps perhaps...). It'd be cool if we could choose the background colour in the Launcher...

Last edited by G.Lecter: 02-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #400
G.Lecter

[Double post]
I've solved 'Oceanic Big' already. I did everything the same way as the intended solution, except that...
Spoiler:
I didn't freeze the second monster, and at the end I had to ninja 'release shark - use 4 bubbles' instead. Took me several rewinds to do it, though...
Enjoyed the map a lot, spent about 30-40 minutes... I think it is way better than Telewarp Wood, keep up the good work Daniel!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #401
Shad0WeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
Dammit! I forgot about that possibility.
Reverted it back to version 3. (but with 1 wrong tile changed to correct one)
Gooey Insanity (version 3) solution with 3 rocks remaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKlkqt3wQM
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #402
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0WeN View Post
Gooey Insanity (version 3) solution with 3 rocks remaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKlkqt3wQM
I forbid solving it that way.
Version 5 is up.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #403
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Version 4 is up, thanks again for testing! This is the first time I think I could have blocked all alternate solutions...
Not quite...
Solved with 1 unused item.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #404
G.Lecter

That's very close to the intended solution, but you're still bypassing something...

Sewer Juggler

Last edited by G.Lecter: 02-17-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #405
moldy_tomato

Quote:
That's very close to the intended solution, but you're still bypassing something...

Screenshot | Download (v5)

Edit: Just made another tiny change and uploaded it again as version 5^
This is going to hurt...

Solved with 7 items remaining.

If done a bit differently, it could have been 9 items remaining.

Edit: There's also this trick, that maybe can be used to still bypass the "something".

Edit2: I think I finally got the correct solution, but I'm not going to record it until version 6.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 02-14-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori