Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori

Old 04-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #571
Grulps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkyBlink View Post
Is this the Solution? or just an alternative one ? (Don't see a clip? Then it's still uploading)
That's an alternative solution I completely overlooked.
Spoiler:
I had a feeling that the telewarp was going to cause some trouble. Maybe I should figure out a way to get rid of it like in the first version.
Grulps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #572
Dark Cyanide

lol@ BB, I see you went the minimilist approach, while I went the completionist route, soz Grulps, 1 item remaining, but it's a hard level for sure, bout another hour to get this solution

Rodent Rush V5 solutionn 1IR
edit, oops , looks like I was lolling at you Grulps, I wasn't

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 04-01-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Dark Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #573
Grulps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cyanide View Post
lol@ BB, I see you went the minimilist approach, while I went the completionist route, lol, soz Grulps, 1 item remaing, but it's a hard level for sure, bout another hour to get this solution

Rodent Rush V5 solutionn 1IR
That was pretty much the intended solution. Now I just need to force you to use the last bridge and prevent Blinky's solution. I think I already know how to do it but I'll do some testing first.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #574
Dark Cyanide

post deleted

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 04-08-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #575
Grulps

Quote:
Rodent Rush Dark's Modifications.....and its solution
Spoiler:
I also thought about adding spikes to the left but I wanted to keep that route open just for distraction.

Also I can still solve it with 1 unused bridge and I have no idea how to prevent it.

I think I'm going to continue from your modification. Thanks!

Last edited by Grulps: 04-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #576
Dark Cyanide

this modification makes toki wait for the 2 porcupines to drop onto the left platform then place the bridge, if toki gets the egg first, the pines go to the bottom of the level and prevent solution.. the gap uder the top left egg is now a no go zone, but it still looks like it might lead to a (false) solution, the part where you let 4 porcupines drop into, you need super ninja skills to do, (beyond most players. me included) I kinda like having to drop down and ice the pine before placing the final bridge, less ninja..also glad I didn't upset you by modifying your level, they were just suggestions, after all, it is your level...are you working on any others? and for that matter does anyone have any levels they are working on/have completed? sooo very, very bored, lol. c'mon somebody, post a level or I'm gonna start posting mine again, you have been warned lol, cheers guys
link deleted

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 04-08-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #577
moldy_tomato

I've got some new levels for you:

Crossroads (version 2)

This is probably the easier one.
I'm not sure if it should be rated Normal or Hard.

Bridge Builder (version 2)

A level inspired by a game with the same name by Chronic Logic.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 05-12-2012 at 03:27 AM.
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #578
BlinkyBlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
I've got some new levels for you:

Crossroads

This is probably the easier one.
I'm not sure if it should be rated Normal or Hard.

Bridge Builder

A level inspired by a game with the same name by Chronic Logic.
Cool! not one but two levels! Great work MT

The later one is the easiest, at least for me solved with 3 instant rocks left. I would rate it easy/normal. But thats probably because I didn't find the intended solution

Now lets see if I can figure out Crossroads
BlinkyBlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #579
moldy_tomato

Fixing Bridge Builder turned out to be a bit too difficult, so I'll leave that to tomorrow.
Now to sleep ->
Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #580
Dark Cyanide

yayy,, new levels for Easter thx MT, edit: dunno if you care or not but the lower left background tiles in crossroads don't have jagged edge tiles on the edge, and in bridge builder there are ladder tiles in the tile set that are used for the tops of the ladders, they have a shorter central piece..cheers

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 04-07-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #581
moldy_tomato

Bridge Builder updated.
I'll just pretend that the other versions didn't happen and call it version 2.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #582
Dark Cyanide

I can't for the life of me solve bridge builder,,,bout 4 hours so far,,tried making the pines drop on their sides, then tried making em cross over to save the blocks on the right, always run outta items , completely stumped
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #583
moldy_tomato

I thought the levels would be rather easy, especially since my brother found solutions (alternate, but close to the intended one) to the previous versions of Bridge Builder so quickly.

I guess it just proves again how hard it is for the map maker to predict how difficult it'll turn out to be.

Quote:
dunno if you care or not but the lower left background tiles in crossroads don't have jagged edge tiles on the edge, and in bridge builder there are ladder tiles in the tile set that are used for the tops of the ladders, they have a shorter central piece..cheers
Didn't realize there were tiles for the tops of the ladders.

I've fixed things you mentioned, but I'm now too lazy to update the levels without a better reason.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #584
BlinkyBlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
I've fixed things you mentioned, but I'm now too lazy to update the levels without a better reason.
Well if you change your mind then you can also fix the death tiles in the chasm at the right.

Will have another go at Bridge builder this weekend and see if a light turns on this time
BlinkyBlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #585
moldy_tomato

I realized that one of the porcupines in Crossroads isn't actually required in the solution, when you do things in a bit different order than what I originally intended.

The Freeze-O-Matic uses are now limited to 3, which also allows me to safely? move the eggs in the center back to their original position.

So here's Version 2 of Crossroads, and the fixed version of Bridge Builder, which I didn't raise the version number for, because the update was purely cosmetic.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 04-14-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori