Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series

Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
sun41KA

Not fake. DLC on PC

Hi guys. Sorry for my English, I'm Russian. And sorry in advance if someone already talked about this. I have a save with all the DLC (PC) for the moment. My video. Look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJ-CdmzC-o
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
BTCentral

The save has already been posted here, but cool video.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
sun41KA

I hope fixing the game will not =)))
sun41KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
GrimCW

this is what happens when they stupidly put aside content to "sell" later despite its already in game.
this sort of practice should really be discouraged, its like buying a new car but having a lock on the radio until you pay extra for it.
its just BS.

in this one regard i do enjoy hackers, since they've deemed us unworthy of DLC, and were dumb enough to have it placed in the game already.
still watching for the full unlock loadout from transformers WFC, so far only Zeta Prime is unlocked flawlessly tmk

my question becomes however, is it considered "stolen" when it was there to begin with and no intention of permitting a legal unlock method was planned?
kinda hard to defend that position if it is IMO.
GrimCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
sun41KA

I think it was intentional. Someone upstairs wants that to PC died. Then you will see will say that the PC is not profitable, it's piracy and hacking!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
archurban

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun41KA View Post
I think it was intentional. Someone upstairs wants that to PC died. Then you will see will say that the PC is not profitable, it's piracy and hacking!
do you think that piracy has been happened to PC only so far? you are totally wrong. since console boxes have been popular, well sold every year. there have many console version of games been piracy as well. now, all platforms are not safe anymore. recently, that's why Sony sued hackers for doing this thing. sooner or later, whether you are proud as console gamers or not, your situation will be faced with the same problem just like PC. you know, just google it. how many console games piracy you can easily get from internet. the same way, there is also crack key available as well. it's just unbelievable. but you should get over it.
archurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
sun41KA

You're right. I forgot completely about it. Still, pressure on the PC anymore. That's my opinion.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
archurban

Banned
no offence. but why most piracy has been happened from Russians. unfortunately it is true. especially for games. it's so shameful.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
sun41KA

Because a poor country! Officials have rich! But all minds go abroad! And young imbeciles are not working we have many! Satisfied?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
archurban

Banned
I know their situation. but what more surprise thing is that Russians, who live in US, do more piracy. so are they poor? don't think so. I think that it's bad habit. you know.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
sun41KA

I know. Each race of people has its downsides. We are all human and everyone survives on its own way. Something like this
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
cubercult

Think about all the money they would have made if they treated their PC customers the same way as XBOX and PS3, they are really stupid, if everything can be unlocked with a simple save game tweak they really have no interest in securing their pay for content.

Next time you release a Dead Space game, have better security and release the DLC on every platform with better graphics and appropriate controls on PC of course, but it should be the same for everyone.

I don't know what the dev team are doing but the game just released and a lot of PC players are having problems, no bonus content is available and it has been a long time since launch, I think a lot of other devs would be working night and day to give the customers what they purchased ASAP, yet along come a few people with some simple save game tweaks and it's %1000 more than what the DS2 team have done for us so far.
cubercult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
archurban

Banned
so now, let's see what EA can do next single player DLC 'severed' for PC gamers. if this is only for console again, somewhere, some way, the same thing will be happened like here.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #14
jingwa

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimCW View Post
this is what happens when they stupidly put aside content to "sell" later despite its already in game.
this sort of practice should really be discouraged, its like buying a new car but having a lock on the radio until you pay extra for it.
its just BS.

in this one regard i do enjoy hackers, since they've deemed us unworthy of DLC, and were dumb enough to have it placed in the game already.
still watching for the full unlock loadout from transformers WFC, so far only Zeta Prime is unlocked flawlessly tmk

my question becomes however, is it considered "stolen" when it was there to begin with and no intention of permitting a legal unlock method was planned?
kinda hard to defend that position if it is IMO.
Far as im concerned no matter how many agree box's i have to clik without reading due to some legal crap to try plug a legal loop hole with no success...is

i bought it, i own it and whatever its is i can do whatever i want to it long as it doesnt pose a safety rick to others. So a game with locked content = i bought and own it, so its part of the orginal packagae purchase...

If EA strips it out latter they are in my mind taking a part of my purchased product which shouldnt be allowed...so if they dont like what i do...they can not include it next time...

in which case i will rip it out of another platforms game which does have it...or of someone who paid for it...if i think the content should be free or has a too high premium on it...so the dev's need to take into consideration they cant stop piracy or hacking...only catch the noobs doing it...and only make a bigger market for the one's with monetary incentives with better planing..making it spread even more.

AT the end of the day i like hackers(piracy) regardless of there mixed reasonings and intentions..be they good or bad intentions, we in the end as a consumer decide what to make of it in a good or bad way...

If it = bad for the dev...thats their fault for not delivering a product worth the price...with nothing there after encouraging consumer support of the product...such as free pattch's with small additions to the game...

When a dev has a price worth the product with good follow up content which is free, they can charge a premium on the expansions...as players know they arent just paying excess for bugger all, but though maybe small fix's and small additions..stuff which increases the games replay and mod community in the process....piracy in such areas specially on MP side of gaming has great dificulty as most gamers get the real product at the end of the day...because they play the game for more then 1 week or 2, before realizing the game aint so good afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post
do you think that piracy has been happened to PC only so far? you are totally wrong. since console boxes have been popular, well sold every year. there have many console version of games been piracy as well. now, all platforms are not safe anymore. recently, that's why Sony sued hackers for doing this thing. sooner or later, whether you are proud as console gamers or not, your situation will be faced with the same problem just like PC. you know, just google it. how many console games piracy you can easily get from internet. the same way, there is also crack key available as well. it's just unbelievable. but you should get over it.
Aye priacy is probably bigger on console side these days, because dev's are pushing console as a primary platform as its cheap to make, easy profits and gamers dont have high expectations in comparison to a PC release which on a business model isnt as good...though obviously for a gamer is the place to be if PC games were getting the love the deserve or even released on PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubercult View Post
Think about all the money they would have made if they treated their PC customers the same way as XBOX and PS3, they are really stupid, if everything can be unlocked with a simple save game tweak they really have no interest in securing their pay for content.

Next time you release a Dead Space game, have better security and release the DLC on every platform with better graphics and appropriate controls on PC of course, but it should be the same for everyone.

I don't know what the dev team are doing but the game just released and a lot of PC players are having problems, no bonus content is available and it has been a long time since launch, I think a lot of other devs would be working night and day to give the customers what they purchased ASAP, yet along come a few people with some simple save game tweaks and it's %1000 more than what the DS2 team have done for us so far.

Thats EA for you, there lazy and have been for as long as i can remeber...no game they ahve ever made has made my jaw drop in a positive manner...yet many other dev's have over the years...though hasnt happened in years for me now and i really dont look to the major dev's for a high quality game...as they are all following a business profitability model...not an quality game release with still high profits.

The people at the top, the investors etc really dont understand gaming, or what makes a good game to well...thats why they try to employ someone who they assume does...unfortuantely with severe restrictions and rarely does this person really know either....business people employing business people....not gamers employing gamers, to run the show...because tehy think a gamer is an idiot who will want everything with no reality check on what can be achieved in a realistic sense.

Either wya its impossible to block access to content once its released...the more people which obtain the content via the dev's desired way...the more aquire it in manners the dev doesnt like....the only thing they can and should do is make the content free and worth sticking around for and then charge us for a big addition to the game...such as the tried and tested expansions.

After all if a game is truly good...you may want a sequal as fast as possible, but you wont care because you will be to busy playing the current game for not weeks...but months and even years on and off...in large doses...if you aint...the game aint to good and well might pay to start questioning the dev as to why this seems to be the case and why are you paying premiums and for little additions down the track which dont do anything to fix this?

If the dev cant make a good game...then they need to lop of their premiums...cut down the size of there dev team as they paying people which dont benefit the game development and consider finding better team leaders...or most likely give creative team leaders more freedom, to do what they get paid to do and the people working under them....or expect piracy galore....and far lower profits then if they made a more expensive time consuming game which counters piracy and creates a strong following of continued sales and consumer support for the future.

simple logic...EA doesnt have that, they think gamers are stupid...unfortunately the majority is...sorry if that offends...but we got an ever constant supply of kids moving into the market from day 1 who know bugger all...who have there parents wallets feeding the companies such as EA...with adults gamers or more inteligent young gamers stuck in limbo following a trend they dont like, with very little choice...either dont buy games for years...to force the dev to notice a 50% drop in sales and change or...buy the game and feed this trend.

nasty cycle...we need more indie dev support and less business modeled dev teams.
jingwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #15
Landsharky

What DLC does that unlock exactly?
Landsharky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series