Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
E-102 Gamma

Red face Crazy stretched textures, everywhere!

I seem to be experiencing one of the many errors with this old game.

The menus look and work fine, aside from the fact that the game runs in a window whenever one is open. But as soon as I get in-game:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2n8c7lw.png

(Ignore the image's dimensions of 1600x1000; tinypic resized it from 1680x1050, my monitor's native resolution and the resolution I attempted to run the game at.)

My system specs are on my X-Fire profile page, towards the bottom. For anyone who doesn't want to or can't view the page, my GPU is an nVidia GTX 460, my CPU is an AMD Athlon FX-60, I'm using Windows XP SP3, and I have 2GB of DDR1 RAM.

All of my settings are more or less default. 3D acceleration is on, and so is the "Back buffer in system memory" option. I'm using Direct3D HAL. "Texture" is set to "Perspect", "Geometry" is set to "Texture", and "Lighting" is set to "Gouraud". Both the "Clear Display" and "Disable Page Flip" boxes are unchecked.

Anyone know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it?

I've tried the hacked ddraw.dll, and it didn't help at all.

I've tried the solution in this thread, and while it DID work, I couldn't figure out how to get the game to run in a window. I also had to run the game at 1280x1024 8bpp, so it looked quite bad. I'd like to consider this solution an absolute last resort.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by E-102 Gamma: 02-11-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
toekutr

I'm having the same problem too. I was able to play the game fine using hardware acceleration about a year ago, so I'm gonna assume it's a driver problem. I'll try to find an older driver that works.

Well, using the oldest driver that supports the GTX 460 doesn't fix this issue. Currently I'm trying to see if my older GTS 250 in combination with older drivers will work.
toekutr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II