Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
AnubisArc999

Banned
How exactly does a faction end?

So, I let my Nords faction to conquer all the castles on the entire map, but White + Purple factions remain "alive", mostly with just some groups running around somewhere. And I am not sure where. The other 2 factions died off, but even after some time, the last 2 factions don't seem to disappear.

Nords are not at war with either of them. Which might be part of the problem?

Anyways, how exactly do you end a faction from existing?

Also, for the Manifest Destiny achievement is that for any faction you BELONG to? Or is it your own faction (what you formed?).
Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
DeathKnight101

To end a faction, you need to conquer all of their fiefs, then defeat all their vassals. Even if they escape after you beat them, they have nowhere to rest and regain their strength since you took all of their fiefs. Once all the vassals are beaten, you'll get a message saying "The (insert kingdom name here) has been defeated!"

As for the Manifest Destiny achievement, it's for the default factions, not one of your own. If it's your own faction as in you created it, you'll get "The Golden Throne" achievement instead.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by DeathKnight101: 02-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.
DeathKnight101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
xiriod

It is worth to mention that there's also a timed check when a kingdom has lost all its fiefs and only has lords left. So even if you don't eliminate all the lords the kingdom will cease to exist if/when the timer check occurs.
xiriod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
SouljackeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight101 View Post
To end a faction, you need to conquer all of their fiefs, then defeat all their vassals. Even if they escape after you beat them, they have nowhere to rest and regain their strength since you took all of their fiefs. Once all the vassals are beaten, you'll get a message saying "The (insert kingdom name here) has been defeated!"

As for the Manifest Destiny achievement, it's for the default factions, not one of your own. If it's your own faction as in you created it, you'll get "The Golden Throne" achievement instead.

Hope this helped!
Word. Sieging castles/burning villages won't do all the work, you gotta do what DeathKnight says, defeat their fiefs then their vassals. But I took over all the castles, then the castles of their allies(so they cannot go to their allies), then I just kept searching for them in the map and battled them one by one, and bam! Defeat . Not that hard through, if you got cool strategies and good amount of troops.
SouljackeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
stooper

Maybe I'm just confused. But after having conquered a factions entire set of territories, I've had left over vassals wander the map and try raiding/sieging poorly defended territories. However, I've never actually seen any of them succeed capturing a town or castle.

If that were to happen, would that potentially allow a fief-less faction to re-emerge? I.e. if I removed an entire garrison and allowed a vagabond vassal from a landless faction to attack it, would that allow that faction's defeated vassals to re-emerge from thin air?

In fact, I've never clearly understood where the lords disperse to when the last fief is conquered. Usually a number of them end up swearing allegiance to one of the surviving factions. But where do they physically locate until then?
stooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Asphe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooper View Post
Maybe I'm just confused. But after having conquered a factions entire set of territories, I've had left over vassals wander the map and try raiding/sieging poorly defended territories. However, I've never actually seen any of them succeed capturing a town or castle.

If that were to happen, would that potentially allow a fief-less faction to re-emerge? I.e. if I removed an entire garrison and allowed a vagabond vassal from a landless faction to attack it, would that allow that faction's defeated vassals to re-emerge from thin air?

In fact, I've never clearly understood where the lords disperse to when the last fief is conquered. Usually a number of them end up swearing allegiance to one of the surviving factions. But where do they physically locate until then?
As long as a) time limit isn't reached after the last fief has been lost or b) there are some vassals left, the faction isn't dead. It can lose all fiefs and still be viable (although the individual lord armies will not grow large [the cap depends on the # of fiefs each lord holds]) since a lord can take a castle or town. You can even have a lord-less faction, i.e. defeating all the lords before any 'reappear'. This happens more often near the 'end'.

As to where they go, it depends on the faction. i.e. the Khergits will hang around somewhere between Ichamur and Tubulka.... basically with no fiefs to influence them, they will go near their faction's original area... somewhat like where certain bandit camps will spawn in certain areas.

If one lord takes a town or castle, the rest will make a bee-line for that fief and you'll shortly find all of them gathered there.
Asphe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series