Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream

Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
ThaiGrocer

An Achievement for the Community Campaign

I'm not sure if this is already being done for the next DLC. I thought it would be fun to try out an achievement (or more) for the community campaign. The achievement would satisfy one or more of the following:
  • a unique event or set of events throughout the campaign
  • encourage people to actually try, explore, or finish the campaign or *something* unique to that campaign
  • what the heck: give players a hat or misc tf2 item. Not so serious on this rationale, though it seems like some people will do anything for an item. My friend joked that Valve can make people recycle stuff (or steal car parts) if doing so gave them hats, misc.

What do you guys think? I'm honestly not sure if this is a good or bad idea, taking technical issues into consideration. I would imagine that wouldn't be a difficult addition while giving a relative large impact on how people will approach the DLC.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Rayman1103

True. Somekind of Achievement for the community campaign would be great.
Rayman1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Positive

Great idea. Add an achievement like they did for mutations. If you install and play the featured community map you receive credit towards the achievement. 5-10 campaigns installed & played to gain the achievement.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
ThaiGrocer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive View Post
Great idea. Add an achievement like they did for mutations. If you install and play the featured community map you receive credit towards the achievement. 5-10 campaigns installed & played to gain the achievement.
That would be different from all the achievements Valve has done so far. It would be cool if they really pushed hard for people to play community add-ons... for the sake of testing the system and encouraging people to make more. Can't wait to see what's in store!
ThaiGrocer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream