Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream

Old 02-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
ThatGuy90

Include 2 Evil Eyes

Include 2 Evil Eyes in the dlc for people who play on Xbox360.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Beezy

I like this idea.
Beezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Zora-Link

2 Evil Eyes would run horribly on the 360, with the mediocre optimization on it.
Zora-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Cupids_Hitman

Please no. 2 Evil Eyes is an awful campaign. I don't want the 360 users to suffer.
Cupids_Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
DoubleSpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupids_Hitman View Post
Please no. 2 Evil Eyes is an awful campaign. I don't want the 360 users to suffer.
THANK YOU. Jesus Christ, the way this campaign was so horribly overrated and the way Valve is acting towards this guy, I was starting to wonder if anybody actually saw how it really was.

Although I did enjoy the bridge section. It's hard to make a bridge not cool though.
DoubleSpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
2ee-donking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleSpenny View Post
THANK YOU. Jesus Christ, the way this campaign was so horribly overrated and the way Valve is acting towards this guy, I was starting to wonder if anybody actually saw how it really was.

Although I did enjoy the bridge section. It's hard to make a bridge not cool though.
Hi there

I'm the author of the 2ee campaign and no it wont be part of it don't worry! (laughs)2evil eyes was great fun but its the past and coldstream is present and future for me.
I would just like to point out 2ee was my first EVER mapping experience on anything so it taught me the tools and was an amazing experience.I am the first person ,top of any list,to say that on 2ee there are allot of flaws and things that could be fixed and or polished.I could re open it and spend hundreds of hours on it but firstly i don't want to (the 2ee thing was great in a whole but its time has passed)but also i think apart from breaking it down and restarting it there's no point.
I'm the proudest person on earth to see that 2ee has been played by so many thousands of people around the world and its thanks to its game play and ideas i suppose that valve picked it up not the flaws that you have quite correctly pointed out.I definitely wouldn't have bet a dollar on that at all baring in mind i had never opened hammer before.I map with passion and have always done so I just love the game and if i can bring something new fun and fresh to it I'll be a happy man.
As for the valve part I think that they liked the game play and all the new things i added,like the boat,the train,automatic tanks,original events and stuff like that more then retaining the cons.
As for cold stream, to reassure you maybe ,i can assure that Its going to have a professional feel that 2ee didn't,better looks and all the cons that i learnt thanks to the community on 2ee will be nonexistent.

Looking forward to playing it with you guys!!
take care
Matthew

PS=Dont forget all kind of fun or entertainement is just a question of taste.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
N7pSTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ee-donking View Post
Hi there

I'm the author of the 2ee campaign and no it wont be part of it don't worry! (laughs)2evil eyes was great fun but its the past and coldstream is present and future for me.
I would just like to point out 2ee was my first EVER mapping experience on anything so it taught me the tools and was an amazing experience.I am the first person ,top of any list,to say that on 2ee there are allot of flaws and things that could be fixed and or polished.I could re open it and spend hundreds of hours on it but firstly i don't want to (the 2ee thing was great in a whole but its time has passed)but also i think apart from breaking it down and restarting it there's no point.
I'm the proudest person on earth to see that 2ee has been played by so many thousands of people around the world and its thanks to its game play and ideas i suppose that valve picked it up not the flaws that you have quite correctly pointed out.I definitely wouldn't have bet a dollar on that at all baring in mind i had never opened hammer before.I map with passion and have always done so I just love the game and if i can bring something new fun and fresh to it I'll be a happy man.
As for the valve part I think that they liked the game play and all the new things i added,like the boat,the train,automatic tanks,original events and stuff like that more then retaining the cons.
As for cold stream, to reassure you maybe ,i can assure that Its going to have a professional feel that 2ee didn't,better looks and all the cons that i learnt thanks to the community on 2ee will be nonexistent.

take care
Matthew

Hey Matthew!

I just played 2EE and it's.. AMAZING!

It's a very Hard Experience by the way...
Congratulations for the nice job. It's probably one of the best L4D campaigns ever.

One thing.. Playing 2EE I realised what makes a campaign "good".

Variety

Playing Parish and Dead Center was always the same.. Streets, buildings, shooting and running.

Hard Rain is nothing special except the Rain..

But 2ee is more in the old L4D style. Every part is different. It's what make it fun to play.

Lets see if the idea of a community campaigns it's gonna work. Except the trolls, there are a lot of good ideas here. I think that Valve should (if they don't but I think that yes) take more ideas from creators like you and the players. It makes the game to be better.

N7pSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
Timze

Wouldn't want them to add 2EE for DLC cause it was way too overpowered for SI side in some parts. Beside there's already 4 maps coming so i would think that's enought
Timze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Cupids_Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7pSTR View Post
Hey Matthew!

I just played 2EE and it's.. AMAZING!

It's a very Hard Experience by the way...
Congratulations for the nice job. It's probably one of the best L4D campaigns ever.

One thing.. Playing 2EE I realised what makes a campaign "good".

Variety

Playing Parish and Dead Center was always the same.. Streets, buildings, shooting and running.

Hard Rain is nothing special except the Rain..

But 2ee is more in the old L4D style. Every part is different. It's what make it fun to play.

Lets see if the idea of a community campaigns it's gonna work. Except the trolls, there are a lot of good ideas here. I think that Valve should (if they don't but I think that yes) take more ideas from creators like you and the players. It makes the game to be better.

This guy is either joking or sucking-up. I seriously can't tell! xD
Cupids_Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Tidenburg

Hopefully this new campaign will be decent, but I really didn't care for 2EE.
Tidenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
AjBastian27

Banned
Yo matthew, whats the climate of Cold Stream???? ITS KILLING US!!!, well probably just me
AjBastian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
jangly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ee-donking View Post
Hi there

take care
Matthew

Hmm,im not sure if I believe you.I mean anyone could come on this forum and said they made 2ee,do u have any proof?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
Acermors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangly View Post
Hmm,im not sure if I believe you.I mean anyone could come on this forum and said they made 2ee,do u have any proof?
He's been around before, asking for help on 2ee in the mapping sub-forum. And, from other posts by the campaign's author, his writing style/personality seems the same.

So, if you'll take my word for it, he's the actual author of the campaign.
Acermors is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream