Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach

Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
MoIeH

Breach is officially dead

Only 12 players on 3 different servers and 3x loading screen of death..way to go atomic!!

now gimme my money back.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
Pengasius

i recommand to hack this game.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
cool_zed

Why do you act suprised? The game is the worst I've ever seen.

Just look at it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/te...-breach/709802
cool_zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
killkhan

Cant even get reactions from the deluded supporters of the game anymore, thats when you know it's truly dead.

There aren't even any moderators on the Breach forums. In all my years of forum dwelling, I've never heard of anything quite so tragic.

I think that tells you all you need to know about how ATOMIC view there community.
killkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
0ddity

Yeah Killkhan, I wondered where the supporters went. Hopefully Valve can see what a train-wreck this turned into, and reward the poor people who actually paid real money for it the same way they did with APB, with a free game or money in the Wallet or something. I mean, its a multiplayer only game, with no players. I don't see how its even for sale still.
0ddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
absol89

Buying arcade games should give discounts to a full title later released by the same company. like if you bought blacklight tango down you should get a discountt for blacklight 2 when it comes out
absol89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
chopstix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ddity View Post
Yeah Killkhan, I wondered where the supporters went.
I imagine most have moved on to the Breach forums, instead of here where a select group enjoys trashing practically every thread or creating new, repetitive ones.

Personally, whether the community is shrinking or not does not matter to me. I got my $12 out of it, and I had quite a bit of fun. I am sad to see things slow down now, but it is also naive to expect any independent FPS to last for years. Just look at Lead and Gold, Shattered Horizon, etc.

I'll be curious to see what they bring out in the future though. A more polished shooter along the same lines would be excellent, with a better advertising campaign to back it up. I also look forward to the naysayers in this forum to continue their campaign there just for the sake of doing so. Some of them have already moved to the official boards as well, looking to stir up more trouble since they are getting bored here I guess. So silly

Last edited by chopstix: 02-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.
chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
ScrawnyPaleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstix View Post
I imagine most have moved on to the Breach forums, instead of here where a select group enjoys trashing practically every thread or creating new, repetitive ones.

Personally, whether the community is shrinking or not does not matter to me. I got my $12 out of it, and I had quite a bit of fun. I am sad to see things slow down now, but it is also naive to expect any independent FPS to last for years. Just look at Lead and Gold, Shattered Horizon, etc.

I'll be curious to see what they bring out in the future though. A more polished shooter along the same lines would be excellent, with a better advertising campaign to back it up. I also look forward to the naysayers in this forum to continue their campaign there just for the sake of doing so. Some of them have already moved to the official boards as well, looking to stir up more trouble since they are getting bored here I guess. So silly
I too, loved this game. And I am very sad to see it go. As a supporter, I got tired of even trying to talk about this game on the steam forums. For every positive post I made, there were 5 negative
ScrawnyPaleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
killkhan

Why are people complaining because there are negative posts for this game? If it had been properly done, that wouldn't have happened nearly as much. Everything said is justified.

"For every positive there were 5 negatives". Ask yourself, why that is? I could go on and on listing negatives but all you need to do is read through steam and breach forums. The negatives FAR out weigh the positives for this game.

Those thieving leeches over at ATOMIC charged £10 for a game that wasn't even half finished and they should be held accountable for it. Probably the biggest scam I've ever seen by a 'so called' gaming company, and people are actually talking about buying there next game? Astounding! but as the saying goes, a fool and there money are easily parted, and while there are people like that, there will be company's like ATOMIC ready to fleece them.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
chopstix

Negative posts are not the issue alone. That comes with nearly any game. The problem is a few select individuals enjoy re-posting the same complaints and creating more and more threads repeating that information. There is a difference between saying you dislike a game and why (understandable & reasonable) to a handful who are running their own little smear campaign against the game and company.

It is one of the reasons I care little to hang out here, where things are slightly better on the official boards at least. I only check back here occasionally to see if there is any information that needs to be added to the sticky.

Last edited by chopstix: 02-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.
chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Iconoclast XVII

I just checked the game and there were WAY more than 3 servers up, and a quarter of them were full (16 players).

If you're gonna about the game, turn your filters off and get your facts straight.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
0ddity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antichrist XVII View Post
I just checked the game and there were WAY more than 3 servers up, and a quarter of them were full (16 players).

If you're gonna about the game, turn your filters off and get your facts straight.
He said 3 servers had people in them, not that there were only 3 servers.

There are pathetically few active servers and players at any given time, certainly not worth your fervent defense.
0ddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #13
killkhan

I played it from the start and now it's pretty difficult to find a good server thats full.

Oh, and another thing, the amount of people it shows in servers is also bugged, so if you see a full server, try going in and it will probably have 2 or 3 people in, as I've discovered after scouring for a good match. You might find a couple of servers that are full up, if you are lucky, and if you get a hanging loading screen while trying to join, I'm pretty sure it means that the server is full up. Thats my theory anyway.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
Trenchgun

The server browser is broken. The numbers don't reflect how many are actually in game.

This is destroying the community activity by making it impossible to find a game.

The game itself is still great, but without a working server browser this is what happens.
Trenchgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #15
jacket13

It wasn't a bad game at all, i wander why they left it to die.
there was a thread ( deleted for some unknown reason ) that actually contained data about how their office was closed and all that stuff so I'm not sure if they even exist as a developer any more.
jacket13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach