Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #151
sniperchick

perhaps, but the SAS were pubbing orange fight, or drinking at a wedding (depending on exactly who we're talking about) while the seals were shooting terrorists
sniperchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #152
Innocent Flower

i think the only reason why seals are claimed as better than everyone else is because of nationalist Americans. in many aspects they are weaker than other groups

sas or spetznaz are better

but the thing is- if dod were to implement British- its not going to be the SAS!! its not the only military groups Britain sas

*glares at call of duty series*
Innocent Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #153
Negative!

well now that this has gone off topic for far too long, jft2 > all pz. bring canada into dods.
Negative! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #154
senseless

Sad, Was trying to build up my DODS server here in the philippines. I too think it's a great game and had many hours of fun playing the original and this. The thing I miss most from the original is the bayonet. Bring back bayonets and rifle butts and I bet a ton of players will come back. Simple request, no? Other than that and the missing content from the original (british weps/maps); I think that is all that is missing to turn this game back into the original on a better engine.

I too don't think they'd do anything.. Maybe they can't figure out a way to sell hats in day of defeat? Anyway, I think the player base would come back for awhile if this extra content was released.

I guess they could do hats? Have achievement unlocks for various weapons upgrades. Maybe scopes with more zoom, different uniform outfit designs/camos, different helmets. Back then people would put a pack of smokes, or some playing cards, or something on their helmet. Maybe allow people to add designs onto their weapons. You could have maybe some sort of airburst grenade. Various weapons, crates, paints, add taunts?

Thought of taunts. lol. You can't say n4z1? wtf?
senseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #155
Innocent Flower

NO SENSELESS!!!

unlocks are very naughty!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #156
RosietheRiveter

Volunteer Moderator
Canadians have always been in DODS :P
RosietheRiveter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #157
dirtyjob

ive played dod and dods both as long as they have been out and both from day 1, the best thing dod and dods had and still has is the fact its customizable in the fact their are many many hundreds if not thousands of maps that have been made by its community, many that are ver good, i dont count orange maps. Thats not even to mention custom models/weapons/sounds/huds and game altering plugins. The fact that valve has moved on is simple, the game is old and outdated period.
I still play but rely on community upgrades with what i mentioned above.
Anyone making posts about why valve has abandoned dod/dods needs to understand one thing, pac man also isnt being updated, neither is pinball/pong/space invaders or tetris

The gaming world moves on, get a dx11 game for gods sake.
dirtyjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #158
Ace Quat

people often forget how much freedom valve gives to players concerning the level of customization in their games like css/dods: you can have custom models/skins/sounds and you can play user-generated maps/servermods etc. both things will keep you interested in playing the game as fresh new content always spices old things up

in the games i currently play customization is either restricted to custom maps/minimods only (cod4) or completely impossible (bfbc2). and the upcoming titles arent really promising either (bf3), as they wont even offer an sdk or map-creation tool. instead, publishers like activision or electronic arts want to sell their dlc which is usually exorbitantly overpriced and meager in terms of quality (specact skin pack for bc2, costs like what 5€ and they didnt even include cool camouflage patterns). sad but true, this is the way (pc) games go these days
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #159
bobsbarricades

id is releasing full sdk on release with rage...

just sayin
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #160
Wunderboy

Volunteer Moderator
Last I read the Rage SDK is simply a level editor and it's not that easy to use. It's not like the large chunk of source code that Valve releases.
Wunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #161
Innocent Flower

i think if valve spent a month on this game it would be awesome
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #162
spacedkadet

I'd settle for 1 hour for them to put the updated maps they have already onto the content servers!
spacedkadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #163
Innocent Flower

... one month and they could do everything we want....

better playermodels (using some tricks from l4d)
better weapon models and more weapons
better animations
better textures (add some bumpmaps)
add the British and some other factions
more gamemodes
npc's
get on newer version of source

only other things that couldn't be added so soon that might be wanted is tanks and planes (which i think would be awesome, but would obviously require their own maps)
Old 05-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #164
sniperchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Flower View Post
... one month of spending money and resources on a decade-old game that costs $10 and they could do everything we want....
fixed
sniperchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #165
Innocent Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperchick View Post
fixed
what else have valve got to do? episode 3? dont be silly!!!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source