Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #31
hahahehe

And the OB Engine update happened when, yeah thats right 2008. 3 years and the game hasnt had a single patch other than generic OB Engine updates which apply to all OB games.

And at the ppl who say CSS is getting attention, i say HAHAHA. Valve havent given CSS any attention, they couldnt be bothered to so they handed it over to another dev team to look after. Valve didnt do any of the recent OB engine update, they are to busy making sure TF2 has more content than every other game on the planet combined.

Gabe, if your reading thing then you suck, you completly abandoned the best MP Game that your content distribution Platform sells in favour of a childish and zero skill game, more than likely cause your a zero skill gamer yourself. Please, for the love of god, find a dev studio who are willing to work with DOD and let them do it.
hahahehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #32
sniperchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahehe View Post
And the OB Engine update happened when, yeah thats right 2008. 3 years and the game hasnt had a single patch other than generic OB Engine updates which apply to all OB games.

And at the ppl who say CSS is getting attention, i say HAHAHA. Valve havent given CSS any attention, they couldnt be bothered to so they handed it over to another dev team to look after. Valve didnt do any of the recent OB engine update, they are to busy making sure TF2 has more content than every other game on the planet combined.

Gabe, if your reading thing then you suck, you completly abandoned the best MP Game that your content distribution Platform sells in favour of a childish and zero skill game, more than likely cause your a zero skill gamer yourself. Please, for the love of god, find a dev studio who are willing to work with DOD and let them do it.
actually when we got that big update, we were the first to be ported to the orange box engine - they needed a guinea pig - although strangely enough, even though the port was a massive failure that was universally hated by the community, they went on to port css as well anyway

but yeah, gabe is a w+m1ing assault nub
sniperchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #33
|*3|\|6|_|!|\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperchick View Post
actually when we got that big update, we were the first to be ported to the orange box engine - they needed a guinea pig - although strangely enough, even though the port was a massive failure that was universally hated by the community, they went on to port css as well anyway

but yeah, gabe is a w+m1ing assault nub
Difference being that they put a dev team on CSS and left dods to one dude.
|*3|\|6|_|!|\| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #34
Kiff

And the endless bugs that dods inherits every time tf2 gets updated is a really nasty slap in the face to dod:s players.

Valve is now a gigantic company, their revenue from steam is ridiculously huge, you would think they could assemble some specific dev teams for some of their own games..like dod:s.
Kiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #35
Ace Quat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmattbaker View Post
I'm upset at how Valve abandoned this game...
you have become upset just recently? we vets were already fully upset about valves incompetence regarding this game by summer 2006. also, being upset about this wont help you much. i would say just move along if you are looking for content/bugfixes. because dods has become a hopeless case concerning proper post-release patch support
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #36
paketep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperchick View Post
That's because that way they could sell CS:S for Mac. See how big a fuss they made about CS:S (and almost every other OB engine game) being released for Mac, and how careless they were about DoD:S. "Oh, yeah, you can buy that one now". We didn't even get the fixes that have been ready for TWO... EFFING... YEARS.

So, yeah, I'm also upset about how Valve has abandoned DoD:S, which I think is by far their best game. Problem is, selling hats, gift crates and badges for TF2 is WAY more profitable, which is why we only get attention when some TF2 engine update breaks, again, DoD:S, and that will be two or three weeks after the fact, if we're lucky.

They gave CS:S to Hidden Path (something surprising, since they have made no FPSs, just Defense Grid, a tower defense game). Why can't they give DoD:S to someone to fix it?. At this point, I'd be happy even if they gave it to 2DBoy.

Last edited by paketep: 02-27-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: English
paketep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
sniperchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by paketep View Post
They gave CS:S to Hidden Path (something surprising, since they have made no FPSs, just Defense Grid, a tower defense game). Why can't they give DoD:S to someone to fix it?. At this point, I'd be happy even if they gave it to 2DBoy.
dods would get better quality updates if valve raffled it off to a high school computer programming class as a project for students
sniperchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
flash_

For a game that is 5.5 years old and goes on sale for $2.50 like every other month you really can't ask for much. Be appreciative for what updates this game has gotten, such as the addition of detonation maps (colmar/jagd) and the orange box engine update. As for maps, there are plenty of good custom maps out there that there really is no reason for valve to make any new ones. Considering this game just happened to come with CSS when I bought it and didn't know anything about it at the time, I have definitely gotten my moneys worth over the years.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #39
Pappy_O'Daniel

Don't think anyone here feels they have not gotten their monies worth out of the game, I for one would have expected to pay hundreds, if not thousands for the countless hours of entertainment I have enjoyed with this game.

I think the jist of all this is that even after all of these years, and after so many new games have come down the pipe, DODS is still one of the best, despite the glaring lack of attention from Valve. I guess a lot of us are pondering the 'what if' more than anything else.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #40
kenjara

Its not the question of monies worth. I mean so far from the black box etc I have had 3 free copies of DOD source. For me and my friends we are willing to pay money for an British expansion.
kenjara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #41
Eddyz Aquila

We got 1000 times our money's worth, at least in my opinion.

And we're whining and ranting because we love the game and want to see it developed.
Eddyz Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #42
bnnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyz Aquila View Post
We got 1000 times our money's worth, at least in my opinion.

And we're whining and ranting because we love the game and want to see it developed.
/signed
/and signed again
/and again
bnnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #43
arisaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ninja View Post
Sorry, I meant just Valve's complete CS:S patching, during which they updated the engine for CS:S. In fact, de_inferno just recently got patched - Valve are still looking after CS:S. What about DoD:S? What about dod_ maps?
Seems to me like whenever Valve does anything to CS (in fact, any Valve game) then they get RAGED MASSIVELY at.
arisaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
Formologic23

Let's not forget there were 2 CAMP packs released as well, which were community made map packs. There was the Baguet Map Pack as well. DoDS has the best mapping community ever. Sadly, I don't play anymore because there are no local US servers that play any of the custom maps that are amazing. Even one of my regular gaming communities server is dead. If anyone plays on it, it's the same old stock maps. This game is done. This generation of gamers has caused Valve to abandon the game, if they even can be held responsible. There is so much custom content available its disgusting. People and communities have tried to keep the game going by putting A LOT of hard work into it.
Formologic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:08 AM   #45
malau

The old DOD Forums used to be white hot with activity, but now look at the DOD:S forum, it hobbles along with barely any interest except for 2 types of people:

The first, (this includes myself) who pop in once in a while to (rightly) b1tch and moan about the pi55 poor support Valve give this game.

The second being the Valve sock puppets who pop into b1tch about the b1tchers, and remind us that we are unworthy scum who should be grateful, and to get on our knees and deep throat the Valve phallus until it shoots its bitter, acrid, half-hearted ejaculate into our collective mouths.

Hurrah for Valve ! And its' semi-flaccid DOD:S updates ! Hurrah !

Last edited by malau: 03-06-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: removed Valve censorship
malau is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source