Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Coopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed123 View Post
AA would make so many computers weep that CA probably thought it best to leave it out for now, to avoid even greater torrents of "my computer just melted, and I only got 5fps before the fire started".
QFT, they normally disable the stuff that cripples pc's in their demos.
Coopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #17
RobCivicCRX

I put transparancy aa on 8x, normal aa on 8x(forced through ncp) and it does make it look better, with no real hit in performance.

The only time it slowed down was if I had the camera pointed at all the dead bodies move slightly to the left or right or whatever and back to smooth.
RobCivicCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #18
RedBasti

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustero View Post
AA isn't an option in the demo, to keep the size of it down. It'll be an option in the full game.

This is according to the official forums over at http://forums.totalwar.com
Yeahhh.....

Empire: TW and Napoleon: TW still have a lot of unresolved technical problems. Most of them are related to AA and other grafic-options. As far as I know and see it is still the same engine working in the background, which may look very good but has none the less many flaws.

So I really don't care what CA says on their forums. Don't get me wrong: they make good games but the also know how to disappoint. I don’t really see how AA affects the size of the demo. And if the size does matter, why keep a high definition intro in it, which uses 1,3 GB of your hdd-space? Sorry but I have to guess that Shogun 2 will ship with technical difficulties. After all: it is a Total War game.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
wonderboy2402

Demo is a demo. Demo has features disabled...
wonderboy2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
RedBasti

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy2402 View Post
Demo is a demo. Demo has features disabled...
Ok. Please make a list of 3d-game-demos without AA. I think it will be pretty short.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #21
Cottonbud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasti View Post
Ok. Please make a list of 3d-game-demos without AA. I think it will be pretty short.
If it weren't AA you'd be complaining about excess use of colours. Get something else to think about and stop whining about the littlest of problems.
Cottonbud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
RedBasti

I could complain about other problems but this is a topic about AA. As i said before the missing AA indicates technical problems in the full game. I bet on March 15th forums will be flooded with complaints about technical problems.

You can call it "whining" all day long. The missing AA is odd, it really is.

In addition to this post please read this:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1&postcount=74
Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #23
nightside187

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutGrunt View Post
Like a GTS 450 could handle even 2xAA in this game
I doubt u can run AA whit this hardware ...
nightside187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #24
zombieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutGrunt View Post
Like a GTS 450 could handle even 2xAA in this game
are gts 450's really that bad? i have 2 sli'd in my machine and i get some very minor artifacting occasionally.
zombieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
gustero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasti View Post
Yeahhh.....

Empire: TW and Napoleon: TW still have a lot of unresolved technical problems. Most of them are related to AA and other grafic-options. As far as I know and see it is still the same engine working in the background, which may look very good but has none the less many flaws.

So I really don't care what CA says on their forums. Don't get me wrong: they make good games but the also know how to disappoint. I don’t really see how AA affects the size of the demo. And if the size does matter, why keep a high definition intro in it, which uses 1,3 GB of your hdd-space? Sorry but I have to guess that Shogun 2 will ship with technical difficulties. After all: it is a Total War game.
Did my post say anything about technical issues on release day? I'm just passing along what I read.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #26
Death Knell

Well the option for anti-aliasing is there so I cant see it not being included in the game. Remember if the game was finished now why wouldnt they have released it?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #27
wonderpookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Knell View Post
Well the option for anti-aliasing is there so I cant see it not being included in the game. Remember if the game was finished now why wouldnt they have released it?
Yea I see that option there now too! It wasn't before when I first DLed and played the game! I guess it updated at some point!

Awesome.
wonderpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #28
NovaBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustero View Post
AA isn't an option in the demo, to keep the size of it down. It'll be an option in the full game.

This is according to the official forums over at http://forums.totalwar.com

AA doesnt affect the game size...

Its a realtime algorithm for smoothing jaggies by sampling multiple pixels over an area....

The game assets (textures etc) dont change.
NovaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #29
gustero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBlack View Post
AA doesnt affect the game size...

Its a realtime algorithm for smoothing jaggies by sampling multiple pixels over an area....

The game assets (textures etc) dont change.

That makes sense. I was merely repeating what I read.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
Dazzled

Just let this thread die already. Developers said there will be AA in the final game, wait till it comes out and then complain if it isn't working well.
Dazzled is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2