Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
immanueldk92

My Steam overlay isn't working

Recently my Steam overlay stopped working for all my games. I pressed the keys but nothing happens. I've checked the "Enable Steam Community In-game" in both the general settings and the game properties settings. They're both checked, but still it isn't working.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 15" i5 2.44GHz 2010 model. I'm not running bootcamp. I run Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Poker Night at the Inventory and Europa Universalis 3 natively through Steam for Mac.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I really wanna use the new screenshots feature lol

and btw, I can't access the Mann Co Store in TF2 or invite friends into my game in L4D2.

Thanks guys

Old 02-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Symmetric

Did you somehow disable "Enable access for assistive devices" through the Universal Access preference pane in System Preferences?
Symmetric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
immanueldk92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
Did you somehow disable "Enable access for assistive devices" through the Universal Access preference pane in System Preferences?
I just checked it, and no, the "Enable access for assistive devices" is checked.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
t0astman

I have had this problem since mac steams launch. I enabled assistive devices and it never worked. I cannot use the mann co store in TF2 because of it and it angers me.
t0astman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
immanueldk92

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0astman View Post
I have had this problem since mac steams launch. I enabled assistive devices and it never worked. I cannot use the mann co store in TF2 because of it and it angers me.
Yea I know lol, I wanna use it mainly for in-game chatting with friends and screenshots. I really wonder if its a Steam for Mac bug or if its a general Steam bug...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
theaero

Steam Overlay has been one of the biggest issues with Steam for Mac that I've experienced. Its getting there, but has quite a few bugs and is very inconsistant. Hopefully everything will get ironed out nicely.
theaero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam