Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bulletstorm

Old 02-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
DetCord

This Thing Is Terrible

Regardless of the issues facing the PC player-base (GFWL, VFX issues, mouse issues etc etc). This game is complete s#*t. It def qualifies as one of the worst games I've ever played. It's bar none the basis of cookie-cutter shooters, something reminiscent of the game-play from the late '90's, but with better graphics. This iteration defiantly qualifies as the most shallow experience to date in modern shooters. I still can't believe it's doing as well as it is.

It does look pretty though...
Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
GrimCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
Regardless of the issues facing the PC player-base (GFWL, VFX issues, mouse issues etc etc). This game is complete s#*t. It def qualifies as one of the worst games I've ever played. It's bar none the basis of cookie-cutter shooters, something reminiscent of the game-play from the late '90's, but with better graphics. This iteration defiantly qualifies as the most shallow experience to date in modern shooters. I still can't believe it's doing as well as it is.

lol
no really.. ROFLMAO... you just described what the game was supposed to be to begin with..
much like painkiller, its just a simple fantastic run of the mill "shoot everything in sight" game.

didn't look into it before buying?
GrimCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
MADDOGGE

Duhhhh, thats what the game set out to be OP. Get a clue! There is more than enough of those cookie cutter CoD clones out there for people like you to play. It's abut time we veteran gamers got some love too. How could you have watched the videos and interviews and possibly played the demo and not known what this game is like. The info was out there to use before buying.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Iconoclast XVII

Modern shooters suck, but thanks for taking your time away from CoD to come here and post.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
archurban

Banned
just look at the style. graphic design is completely different from COD, battlefield whatever. so you gonna blame borderland as well? NO, you can't. the game is focused on fun not some kind of combat simulation. these are way different from each other.
archurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
GrimCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post
the game is focused on fun not some kind of combat simulation. these are way different from each other.
heh i love it when people call CoD a combat sim..
terribly wrong, yet everyone so wants to believe this.. its like calling Farcry a combat sim, theres really nothing there but real gun designs.
even the plot wreaks of faked just to give purpose
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
TriggRNC

Quote:

Shallow ? So you'd rather keep shooting guys in the same manner where the only variety is in the weapons instead of coming up with literally hundreds of creative combinations of murder. As much as i love COD and BF games I dont think any one single kill in any of those (and those type of games) made me think 'OMG wow' as landing my first Show Off skillshot at the second attempt and getting the nutcracker skillshot on the same guy for killing him with a no scope sniper shot to the 'nads
TriggRNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Scared

The PC issues are the worst part of the game (gfwl, control issues, lack of options etc), as soon as you get past them/ignore them the game is a blast. Like Painkiller on drugs :P
Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
DetCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared View Post
The PC issues are the worst part of the game (gfwl, control issues, lack of options etc), as soon as you get past them/ignore them the game is a blast. Like Painkiller on drugs :P
I suppose you're right. But given today's standards, I did expect a bit more. It's still crap, total crap. GoW had more depth than this, and that ain't sayin' much.
DetCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
Scared

Quote:
GoW had more depth than this, and that ain't sayin' much.
Gears didn't have anywhere near as much combat depth as this. The entire point of this game is to 'kill with skill' and that is certainly what it does. If you want this game to make you cry because of the characters and their struggles, you are playing the wrong game.
Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #11
Mgp

I play a lot of games and it's one of the most fun in a long time. great entertainment is what it is.

You have to lend yourself to the experience of whatever it was designed to be. Don't expect something it's not.
Mgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 AM   #12
NSSherlock

Even Painkiller Redemption is ten times better that this garbage. Im not blaming PCF. They were forced to build this childish utter garbage by that troll Cliffy B with his R-tarded ideeas.
NSSherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #13
cj75s

The game is shallow, daft, idiotic, crude, full of swearing, not pretending to be anything other than a FPS shooter, simplistic and over the top... I love it!

It's a refreshing change!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Jaheebus

Graphics are NOTHING when it comes to good gameplay.

Look at Quake 3.

Last edited by Jaheebus: 02-27-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Jaheebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #15
GrimCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaheebus View Post
Graphics are NOTHING when it comes to good gameplay.

Look at Quake 2.
quake 2 had terrible gameplay, most people only played it for MP, and not even default MP, mods, usually Lithium 2, WoD, Gloom, Jailbreak, or action.

tbh it was so bad most people didn't even buy the game, the demo offered the full MP package, so buying the game wasn't even necessary.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bulletstorm