Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series

Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Leprekaun

Coming from C&C: Generals, would I like Red Alert 3?

Hi there. I've been staring at the Steam store over the last weekend, thinking about whether or not to get Red Alert 3 . I checked the review on GameSpot but I'm still not sure. I've played the original Red Alert and Red Alert 2 but I heard 3 was a disappointment compared to the older games. My main C&C game would have been Generals which I got into fairly well but would I enjoy Red Alert 3 or its not really that good? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Jsonhenry

I think that Red Alert 3 is the most like Generals in terms of gamestyle, harvesting, support powers, and the fact that the right mix of units can beat spam units from the enemy if used correctly.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
M1k3ol

well, like posted above, RA3 is like a mix between generals and RA2, IF you liked RA2 and generals, I see NO REASON why you shouldn't like this as well!

it's quite entertaining and maybe you should get uprising too (campaign is worth it)
M1k3ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Moe45673

Yup. Coming from just Generals, I'd be hesitant due to it's silly over the top presentation. But if you liked the earlier Red Alerts, this should be a nice time for yee
Moe45673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Zeritical

RA3 even has the stupid quarks of Zero Hour. For exampl,e Empire vs Empire is nothing but tengu spam and whoever gets more wins just like air force generals having Raptor airfield fights all day. The game lasted me a while but overall the strats are fairly linear. It kind of traps you into doing certain things if you wanna survive certain kinds of attacks.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
DeathRay2K

Download the demo and find out!
DeathRay2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series