Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
pyide
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 52
Posts: 215
How to change the FOV

Add +cl_fov=90 (or whatever you prefer) to the command line / launch options / shortcut. Ex: "D:\Games\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90

Here's a shot of 120 in game, a drastic change just to show it does in fact work:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...2ED6FBB55C38E/

90:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...87EF9A8ABF856/

edit:
Be sure to add +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov with a value that is the same or higher as your chosen cl_fov to prevent the constant view zooming when sprinting.

Thanks to Paddywak for the sprint fov command!

Last edited by pyide: 03-05-2011 at 09:08 PM.
pyide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
cr0wnest
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks, will give this a shot once i can log in. Whats the default FOV btw?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
pyide
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 52
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0wnest View Post
Thanks, will give this a shot once i can log in. Whats the default FOV btw?
I don't know what the default is, there's no way to quick check via a console or config file. What I do know is that it's too low for me personally by default, I was already getting nauseous after a few minutes of play. Headache started to kick in too.
pyide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Dramatic Cat
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 48
Posts: 227
What's the command for motion blur?
Dramatic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
st00pid_newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 237
Posts: 1,856
I love you OP. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddywak View Post
Some shorcut comands to help with the various FOV's ... Motion blur ... and to remove the intro vids ...
Set the FOV to your desired FOV ...

+cl_fov=90
+r_DrawNearFoV = 90
+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90
+r_MotionBlur=0
+g_skipIntro=1


EXample ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV = 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1

Enjoy ...
I love you too, Paddywak. <3

Last edited by st00pid_newb: 03-01-2011 at 12:43 PM.
st00pid_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Paddywak
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 12
Posts: 19
Some shorcut comands to help with the various FOV's ... Motion blur ... and to remove the intro vids ...
Set the FOV to your desired FOV ...

+cl_fov=90
+r_DrawNearFoV = 90
+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90
+r_MotionBlur=0
+g_skipIntro=1


EXample ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV = 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1

Enjoy ...
Paddywak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
MenaceInc
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 1461
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyide View Post
Add +cl_fov=90 (or whatever you prefer) to the command line / launch options / shortcut. Ex: "D:\Games\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90

Here's a shot of 120 in game, a drastic change just to show it does in fact work:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...2ED6FBB55C38E/

90:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...87EF9A8ABF856/


- One thing to note, the game zooms back to the default fov when sprinting, but then goes back to your adjusted fov when you stop. The back and forth can be a bit disorienting if you are using a high value and sprint a lot.

Let's all pray it's not patched out of the retail release! I'm betting it will be!
Looks like a fisheye image to me. Interesting that you found the option for it though.
MenaceInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
pyide
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 52
Posts: 215
Since it's impossible to see what the commands are for Crysis 2 as of yet, you can only go by what was in the original Crysis and hope they didn't change them for the new engine and 2.

So there's a few commands listed here you can try to adding to the command line like the fov tweak get rid of blur, no idea if they will work however:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_8.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_9.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_10.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_11.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_12.html

r_motionblur & r_PostProcessEffects (also gets rid of depth of field effects and such)

Trial and error to see if they work I suppose.
pyide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
RedVix
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 18
Posts: 348
Thanks for the skip intro one!
RedVix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
pyide
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 52
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceInc View Post
Looks like a fisheye image to me. Interesting that you found the option for it though.
Like I said, 120 was a drastic fov increase, just to easily show it does work via a screenshot.

Upping the field of view above a certain point will start to fishbowl the edges in every game where it's adjustible. You just have to go by what you prefer, and if you prefer the default then that's all there is to it. I'd say you want somewhere between 75-90 though if the default makes you sick like it does for me.

Above that you gain much more peripheral vision, but at the expense of harder to see distant objects, and of course the fishbowl effect increases. Lots of people don't care about that as they rarely focus on the edges of the screen anyway. I personally stick around 80-100 depending on the game. Nearly every game (or engine) handles it differently, and older ones without proper widescreen support usually need ~100 in 16:10 resolutions.
pyide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
MenaceInc
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 1461
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyide View Post
Like I said, 120 was a drastic fov increase, just to easily show it does work via a screenshot.

Upping the field of view above a certain point will start to fishbowl the edges in every game where it's adjustible. You just have to go by what you prefer, and if you prefer the default then that's all there is to it. I'd say you want somewhere between 75-90 though if the default makes you sick like it does for me.

Above that you gain much more peripheral vision, but at the expense of harder to see distant objects, and of course the fishbowl effect increases. Lots of people don't care about that as they rarely focus on the edges of the screen anyway. I personally stick around 80-100 depending on the game. Nearly every game (or engine) handles it differently, and older ones without proper widescreen support usually need ~100 in 16:10 resolutions.
I know, trust me I've had to adjust FOV in loads of games in the past. AVP2 is the worst to do so in since you HAVE to use a cheatcode and it's not exact, you can't see the variable and have to adjust it using + and -. I was just commenting on the 120fov image. Even the 90 is too much for me. I really wonder what the default is.
MenaceInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
Necrosis
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 16
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVix View Post
Thanks for the skip intro one!
SECOND!
Necrosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
lordon
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 38
Posts: 268
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddywak View Post
Some shorcut comands to help with the various FOV's ... Motion blur ... and to remove the intro vids ...
Set the FOV to your desired FOV ...

+cl_fov=90
+r_DrawNearFoV = 90
+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90
+r_MotionBlur=0
+g_skipIntro=1


EXample ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV = 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1

Enjoy ...
Thanks a lot for this.
lordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
xMaggostx
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 62
Posts: 1,942
I think 90 is perfect IMO, 120 is like a huge fish eye.
xMaggostx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #15
Sa-Matra
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 181
Posts: 1,419
It will be great if somebody will find out how to turn off more useless stuff like bloom or AA.
Sa-Matra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.