Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
djpowers

Valve
Dawn of War II: Retribution - Incorrect Release Date

Some customers in certain countries had an early unlock for Dawn of War II: Retribution. Incorrect release date information caused the early activations of Retribution in Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Malta. These early activations have been reversed.

We sincerely apologize for this mix up and any inconvenience caused. These activations will be turned on again on March 4th, which is the official release date in these territories.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Perturabo

I was able to play the game and completed it, i do get to keep my achievements and such yeah ?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
vegasti

Not according to reliq..

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/forums/topic/48317
Quote:
Just as a reminder for everyone of the release dates for Dawn of War II: Retribution, we are releasing on these days in the following regions:

North America – March 1st
• US
• Canada
• Mexico
• Puerto Rico

Australia / NZ (APAC) – March 2nd
• Australia
• New Zealand
• APAC
• Singapore
• Hong Kong
•Taiwan
• Malaysia
• India
• Philippines
• Vietnam
• Thailand
• Macao
• Indonesia

Europe – March 1st
• Norway
• Sweden
• Finland
• Denmark
• Portugal
• Spain
• France
• Germany
• Italy
• Austria
• Switzerland
• Luxembourg
• Liechtenstein
• Belgium
• Netherlands
• Jersey
• Guernsey
• Iceland
• Malta

United Kingdom, Ireland & Eastern Europe – March 4th
• United Kingdom
• Ireland
• Latvia
• Lithuania
• Estonia
• Belarus
• Moldova
• Ukraine
• Russia
• Czech Republic
• Hungary
• Poland
• Slovakia
• Bulgaria
• Croatia
• Greece
• Romania
• Slovenia
• Turkey
• Rest of the World
Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Rothkeen

The cat is already out of the bag...
Just release it already
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Riserise

So no Dawn of War 2 for Northern Europe until 4th of March? I'm saying no Dawn of war 2 because there's no way we can play Chaos Rising when most of the community is already playing Retribution.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
LeeLoo Freeman

To begin with, I have no clue as to why there need to be different release dates, since the release is done on a digital platform. Secondly, letting people play the game / complete the game and then say they cannot play it anymore is a sure way of offending people. Thirdly, giving people access to a game they paid for and then telling them they can't have access anymore (even though the game is officially released on march 1) is a sure way of forcing people to look for the game and future games somewhere else.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
Psitaylor

Trolled hard
You got me there steam, nice one.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Nullist

I am in Finland and was already logged in earlier today.

Now I am no longer able to.

I cannot stress strongly enough how angry this makes me.

Having to wait another 3 days for the same product that was already available to me this morning and WHICH WAS ANNOUNCED AS AVAILABLE on the 1st of March in Finland is not cool and arguably breach of contract.

Even if a mistake was made in the ANNOUNCEMENT of the release times there was plenty of opportunity to correct that.

Now that you have DISALLOWED the service from the countries mentioned below you have basically screwed them over not once, but twice.

Open access to those nations that had it already, no matter what the loss or complication to yourself.

ADDITIONALLY I bought the NORMAL PACK for 29.99e TODAY which is now no longer available in my region where you are now only offering the pre-order packs!

THOSE PREORDER PACKS WERE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE THIS MORNING.

So because there was no pre-order packages available this morning, I bought a NORMAL package (without the wargear) for 29.99e and was able to log in after download wheres NOW in the EVENING you no longer have for sale the package I bought but are now offering the same pre-order packages again for 29.99e inclusive of wargear.

Will you be compensating people such as myself for these oversights on your part?

Last edited by Nullist: 03-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
b18c4

a nice way of facepalming people twice. 1st you tell them it'll be released on 1st march, and unlocks it that day and let them play for awhile. Then you lock the game again and tell them you got the release dates wrong. Way to go!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
b18c4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullist View Post
I am in Finland and was already logged in earlier today.

Now I am no longer able to.

I cannot stress strongly enough how angry this makes me.

Having to wait another 3 days for the same product that was already available to me this morning and WHICH WAS ANNOUNCED AS AVAILABLE on the 1st of March in Finland is not cool and arguably breach of contract.

Even if a mistake was made in the ANNOUNCEMENT of the release times there was plenty of opportunity to correct that.

Now that you have DISALLOWED the service from the countries mentioned below you have basically screwed them over not once, but twice.

Open access to those nations that had it already, no matter what the loss or complication to yourself.

ADDITIONALLY I bought the NORMAL PACK for 29.99e TODAY which is now no longer available in my region where you are now only offering the pre-order packs!

THOSE PREORDER PACKS WERE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE THIS MORNING.

So because there was no pre-order packages available this morning, I bought a NORMAL package (without the wargear) for 29.99e and was able to log in after download wheres NOW in the EVENING you no longer have for sale the package I bought but are now offering the same pre-order packages again for 29.99e inclusive of wargear.

Will you be compensating people such as myself for these oversights on your part?

well said, exactly the point i was trying to make.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
Perturabo

Dear Steam.

I dont know who or what made the error, but in my mind, if you up you stand by it and deal/live with it. I was also able to play the game and even complete it, but then as i wanted to try some multiplayer, you shut the game off even after it has been released.. WHAT THE .

Isnt there something called etiquette or something at steam.. Granted you may be presured by someone else, but atleast stand by the error or up if you will and reopen it for those that got it this morning, and dont spit on people. It doesnt help ones reputation.

End rant.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #12
Sabsbot

So you accidentally let us play the game we'd bought. How was this an inconvenience for us? Why are you apologizing for this inconvenience?
And, more to the point; what kind of irreversible damage has been caused to the bottom line by letting us play the game?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Nullist

I want to add clearly that this morning you were no longer selling the pre-order packages.

There are customers such as myself in these countries who paid the full 29.99e for a package that is no longer for sale, yet we did not receive any of the pre-order benefits which you are now again offering (since you have, stupidly, turned the access off for these regions that already had it).

Do you realise now that the implications are wider than merely turning the faucet on and off?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
LeeLoo Freeman

I have just submitted a ticket to get my money back for this game.
I will also submit another ticket to ask for my money back on 2 preordered games - Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Crysis 2.

I'm so annoyed by this that I will "find" those 3 games somewhere else.

Thank you very much Valve.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #15
Nullist

Agreed. Why should anyone pay pre-order anymore and give them the benefit of our money beforehand, when they manage to @$(*( things up somehow on every single release without exception.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series