Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Dvveh

Thumbs down The connection to your opponent has been lost. You've been signed out.

I get this message EVERY game I play.

I'm able to play for a minute. 2 if I get lucky. And then it throws me out to the login screen.

Any solutions?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Dvveh

nothing?
Dvveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
heretohelp

How many ppl are on the server?

Error indicates that the opposite team left, so that may be the case.
heretohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Dvveh

Happenening on both full servers, and low-pop ones.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
GreenArchon

Bumping this, as it happens to me too.

Seems like it is not related to the gameservers, as it happens for me in menus too

The only game that did something similar is Bad Co 2, where somehow the game was pinging some EA server(or the other way around) and it didn't get proper response and disconnected me after a few minutes. I got that solved by changing that ping interval to 50000 minutes (-pinginterval 50000 in the startup line). So, basically, would need to do the same thing with Crysis, anyone have an idea on what the command would be?
GreenArchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Dvveh

No clue.

But please post it, if you manage to find it :P
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
GreenArchon

Can you try bypassing your router (if you have one) and plug your computer directly into your modem? Seems to work for me, even if it's not an option on the long term. Will try to play with router ports, etc tonight (need to go to work now).
Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
iminthezonebaby

Made an account to say this:
It happens to me aswell. D:

Haven't tried plugging straight into my modem as of yet, but I couldn't be bothered because of all the other problems plaguing the demo at this moment in time.

If someone can find a way round it, that would be great.

I've tried portforwaring EVERYTHING it asks in the support readme in the Crysis 2 directory, but it still kicks me out.

It's a pain that it has to log me out of the system, too.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
Nystic

I too made an account to bring this up. I will try the modem only no router route that has been suggested above but this is no real fix. This is just stupid. Every game I play I am kicked out after one or two kills and oddly I seem to only get kicked when I am attacking.

What type of connection do you all use out of curiosity? I have a lite version of cable so it runs pretty much like dsl at like 150kb/s.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Nystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenArchon View Post
Can you try bypassing your router (if you have one) and plug your computer directly into your modem? Seems to work for me, even if it's not an option on the long term. Will try to play with router ports, etc tonight (need to go to work now).
Ok back. I can confirm that disabling your router and playing directly from cable modem does stop the disconnection. I have played about about 3 games fully now and I have no connection issues. Why the d/c happens I have no idea, the bandwidth is fine no other pc is on the router other then mine and there are no firewall settings that would interfere.

I use a d-link router btw.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
FullMetalPanic

Just wanted to say I have the exact same thing.

I don't have this with any other games (accept for Battlefield Heroes and Dragon Age Orgigins...also by EA). Dawn of War 2: Retribution works fine without any disconnecting and so does Battlefield Bad Comapany 2 (also by EA but no problems with this game) and CoD Black Ops to name a few games.

I also tried without my Firewall on but that does not help either.

I think it's rather annoying.

I don't have a router just a Modem with 4 ethernet ports and a splitter with 4 ethernet ports(it just splits a signal from 1 to 4 and thats it...nothing else.).
I did not get disconnects when playing Crysis 2 via the Xbox 360.
FullMetalPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
GreenArchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalPanic View Post
Just wanted to say I have the exact same thing.

I don't have this with any other games (accept for Battlefield Heroes and Dragon Age Orgigins...also by EA). Dawn of War 2: Retribution works fine without any disconnecting and so does Battlefield Bad Comapany 2 (also by EA but no problems with this game) and CoD Black Ops to name a few games.

I also tried without my Firewall on but that does not help either.

I think it's rather annoying.

I don't have a router just a Modem with 4 ethernet ports and a splitter with 4 ethernet ports(it just splits a signal from 1 to 4 and thats it...nothing else.).
I did not get disconnects when playing Crysis 2 via the Xbox 360.
On the other end, EA's server tend to have a bad reputation. However, what bothers me here is that it's Gamespy that maintains master servers, not EA. If you look at the readme file, the only place there's an ea server (lb.crysis2.ea.com) is for the RSS Feed, on a standard webserver port, and I doubt very much it's the issue.

Running without a firewall is not a great idea either (actually, not a good idea at all), however, since overriding the router solves the problem, it means unrelated to Window's firewall, and we'd have to look at the router's own firewall, or routing rules.

I didn't get issues either on the 360 version, for the record.

And your modem is basically a router too, as it does it's job, and there should be some way to access it's settings, I'd suggest using Google for that, or calling your ISP.

Also, there's a couple of threads about this on the official forums, but not very much (however, these where kind of down today), and none brings a solution.

The solution to the problem would be to have the command that control the interval to the pinging of master servers, to say, 200 hours or so, however, I do not know it, and I'd like to have a list of usable console commands.

Last edited by GreenArchon: 03-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #13
FullMetalPanic

Well I tried looking on the official forum but like you said...not working (at the time I checked).
I do know how to get to my Modems settings...but I havn't a clue what to change.

But even so it's still a mystery other games (accept the 2 I mentioned) run fine online and the Xbox 360 worked no problem aswell.

And I know it's a bad idea to run witout a fire wall, but I only did so to test if that was the problem yes/no.

Turned it on again as soon as I got disconnected yet again.
FullMetalPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
GreenArchon

Hmm, seems like a working workaround (and the simplest) is to put your computer in DMZ in your router settings if it supports it.

Of course, it's not a very good idea either, as this basically removes the router's built in firewall (but you still keep Window's firewall enabled, so let's say it's relatively safe, maybe not forever, but at least the times you're playing).

Of course, opening the proper port or making a game that works with default router configurations would also probably work.

To access your modem/router settings, you can try typing 192.168.0.1 in your browser, or if it doesn't work, you could also try using google and your modem/router's model number.

I personally have a DLink DIR-615, and the way to do this is to log into your router, go to "Advanced", then "Firewall Settings", enable DMZ Host and selecting the proper computer. Of course, the steps could be different if you guys use a different router with a different firmware.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #15
CommanderZx2

This is the only game I've ever had this issue therefore making changes to my router is not the correct solution. The issue must clearly be with either the game or the way the game handles players connections to the EA server.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series