Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
divine_skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.e.r.g View Post
Ha, got four new unlocks in one round Outscored everyone, including many rank 50s, not bad for a rank 0, ey?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/berg/sc...405?tab=public
If you had outscored everyone, you would have gotten an ace pin.
divine_skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #17
Ace Quat

basic unlocks like medics defibrillator and medkit more serve a psychological purpose. because its better to be rewarded with something in which the player has really put a lot of effort into rather than getting it right from the start. in fact they could have done this with every little thing there is in the game like you gotta play for a while in order to unlock your uniform and pants but until then you gonna have to run around naked on the battlefield
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Ha, got four new unlocks in one round Outscored everyone, including many rank 50s, not bad for a rank 0, ey?

Recon... pfft.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
Mastershroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_skills View Post
He could have just been talking about his own team, if someone scored higher on the other team.

Anyway, I honestly don't remember ever having to unlock the defibrillator or the medkit, nor the ammo box for assault or the engineer repair tool, or the recon motion sensor. I think that has something to do with Veteran status, though.
Mastershroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershroom View Post
He could have just been talking about his own team, if someone scored higher on the other team.

Anyway, I honestly don't remember ever having to unlock the defibrillator or the medkit, nor the ammo box for assault or the engineer repair tool, or the recon motion sensor. I think that has something to do with Veteran status, though.
Pre order bonus or the Limited Edition.

Veteran might have done the same thing but not sure.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #21
Mastershroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

Ah that's right, I did pre-order. That answers that I guess
Mastershroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:

Not bad at all

Once you unlock defibs / health kit, you'll "rank up" as a medic really really quickly, I've gotten 14,000 in a single game once! O: Although people asking for medkits, this is actually a shock lol, there's like no communication in most of the games I'm in :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fish-E/...lter=app_24960

and the next 3 or so pictures.

Yes I have so few friends that I'm down to "showing off" to people over the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

I believe that Veteran status only gives you the M1 rifle.
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
b.e.r.g

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_skills View Post
Aaaah, guess I didn't then. I was on top of my team and amongst the top total at least I only noticed later on the screenshot that I could view the scoreboard after the match. After all that's what I wanted to capture. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Quat View Post
basic unlocks like medics defibrillator and medkit more serve a psychological purpose. because its better to be rewarded with something in which the player has really put a lot of effort into rather than getting it right from the start. in fact they could have done this with every little thing there is in the game like you gotta play for a while in order to unlock your uniform and pants but until then you gonna have to run around naked on the battlefield
That's exactly how modern games have turned, and this is the part I hate. In my old days of Quake, there was nothing like that. It was like a game of sports. Everyone plays on the same level and the best player is the winner! I took pride in improving as a player and out-skilling my opponents. These days kids just seems to like out-better one another, no matter how. If they play on even ground, so be it! Achievements suck them into keep playing, and reward them with a false premise of improvement.

Also it encourages unbalanced behavior. In Quake you didn't get no reward, all you got was pride, and there was no pride in winning an uneven match.

I wasted all my youth playing online shooters. I feel I can carry that "achievement" from one game to another, and not having to level up for every new game. I'm a grown man now, I got a full time job, I don't have time for grinding! I just want to play! To compete! On equal premises!

If you want an unlock system, look at Quake Wars That's unlocking done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ton de mo nai View Post
Recon... pfft.
I know, I know! It's a good way to learn the basics. Stay a bit behind, learn the maps, learn the game modes, headshot some noobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Not bad at all

Once you unlock defibs / health kit, you'll "rank up" as a medic really really quickly, I've gotten 14,000 in a single game once! O: Although people asking for medkits, this is actually a shock lol, there's like no communication in most of the games I'm in :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fish-E/...lter=app_24960

and the next 3 or so pictures.

Yes I have so few friends that I'm down to "showing off" to people over the internet.

I believe that Veteran status only gives you the M1 rifle.
Whoa! Nice I love playing medic, but it feels pointless so far without heals and all. I've unlocked the ammo packs, and I really like how the work compared to BF2!

Medpacks next!

I've got a fair few new weapons as well. An actual useful assault rifle for one! Fits my style so much better.

What I need now is redspot/short zoom. I used those rifles all through singleplayer, loved them! My kinda weapons

Anyway, thanks again for all the replies Time for some sleep, been a great day of gaming. All in all I find the game awesome!
b.e.r.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #24
Elemenz

Take any MG, it's short for MedicineGun.
Then aim at your teammates face and hold down your left mouse button.
Your MG starts expending medicine into their mouth.
Do this until they lie down. This means they have received the medicine and are now resting on the ground, enjoying the effects of healing up.
After 10 seconds they are back with 100% health.

/clap hands

Hi my name is Marty Chang, my dad's asian.
Works like a charm.
Elemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #25
Rrray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemenz View Post
Take any MG, it's short for MedicineGun.
Then aim at your teammates face and hold down your left mouse button.
Your MG starts expending medicine into their mouth.
Do this until they lie down. This means they have received the medicine and are now resting on the ground, enjoying the effects of healing up.
After 10 seconds they are back with 100% health.

/clap hands

Hi my name is Marty Chang, my dad's asian.
Works like a charm.
lolwhut o-o
Rrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #26
Elemenz

Marty Chang'ism for beginners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p52QJi-Ydo
Elemenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series