Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Flavius67

Problem Loading Retribution

I've recently purchased DOW2: Retribution and when attempting to download it, I'm told after entering the CD Key that I have to activate the original game. It won't let me past this section of the install. Since it doesn't specify, I'm assuming it means the original DOW2, which I have installed. As far as I can tell, I've already installed DOW2 and activated it on steam using its own CD Key, but for some reason it's not recognising it and I'm unable to install Retribution. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
GrooveMan

Did you find a solution to this issue, I have the same problem.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
JoxerNL

Go here -> https://support.steampowered.com/
The forums are not attached to the support part of steam apperantly, so you wont ever get an answer unless some user happened to have fixed this themselves, which i highly doubt so soon after release.

Only option is support, give em a ring or a mail or fill in the form, you will probably get an answer within a few days.
JoxerNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 AM   #4
GrooveMan

Ok, I have a fix... you are entering the wrong CD Key. The key you (and I for that matter) have been entering has been the "Upgrade Your Chaos Space Marine" Key, which looks exactly like the game key, same card, same numbers, same just about everything.

Thanks for the headache THQ, Not Cool, Not Cool.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series