Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
jfunk825

Anyew news on Medieval being on Steam?

I'm not seeing it mentioned anywhere, but figured I'd check in case I missed something.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
PhamousVegas

I don't see any information on it either, but since Sims 3 + All DLC is on Steam I would very much assume that Medieval will be as well.
PhamousVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
BombayMix

It's not listed and it out in 14hrs. So looks like a no right now.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Wighar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombayMix View Post
It's not listed and it out in 14hrs. So looks like a no right now.
pardon... 14 hours? I do believe you meant 14 days
Wighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
SilentbobSC

Well I'm a bit relieved since I was having a major impulse moment after seeing some of the new adverts... and since the retailers have done such a smashing job of making PC gamers feel completely unwanted I came to look on Steam and hope to get a pre-order going. Lo and behold, no such luck and my wallet is saved!

Something tells me they'll toss it up here after a mediocre retail experience, keep it at it's original price for way too long and only come off ~5-10% for 'major sales' until maybe this or next year's Xmas sale. This just kind of seems to be EA's M.O. when selling through Steam.

As a note to publishers: you guys REALLY need to get your collective heads out of your a**es about digital distribution. At least twice this week I've found myself unable to buy your products because of some odd choice by you guys - first, I had a friend telling me about Prey so I came here to buy it, except it seems that the publisher never got around to providing Steam with more keys - seriously, it's a digital product and you don't even need to produce manuals or packaging, I'm trying to throw money at you and you're dodging it! Second was this title, which I probably would have wound up paying for the pre-order (full-price) - however now, I'm just going to wait until it goes on sale (assuming you even put it on here).

So sad how companies can now ignore entire sections of their customer base... I guess they'll just keep blaming the decline on piracy so they don't have to admit that it's their fault.

Edit - one last little gripe: I already own Sims 3 physically, and would like to have it in my Steam catalog as well. I accept you won't transfer keys, but for the love of the FSM, at least make the price a little reasonable for a ~2yr old game.

Last edited by SilentbobSC: 03-19-2011 at 11:30 AM.
SilentbobSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Orihuela

The only option to buy Medieval to me is Steam, because EA Store treats Argentina like if it were in Europe and charge us in Euros instead of Dollars
Orihuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
Poisonous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentbobSC View Post
As a note to publishers: you guys REALLY need to get your collective heads out of your a**es about digital distribution. At least twice this week I've found myself unable to buy your products because of some odd choice by you guys - first, I had a friend telling me about Prey so I came here to buy it, except it seems that the publisher never got around to providing Steam with more keys - seriously, it's a digital product and you don't even need to produce manuals or packaging, I'm trying to throw money at you and you're dodging it! Second was this title, which I probably would have wound up paying for the pre-order (full-price) - however now, I'm just going to wait until it goes on sale (assuming you even put it on here).

So sad how companies can now ignore entire sections of their customer base... I guess they'll just keep blaming the decline on piracy so they don't have to admit that it's their fault.

Edit - one last little gripe: I already own Sims 3 physically, and would like to have it in my Steam catalog as well. I accept you won't transfer keys, but for the love of the FSM, at least make the price a little reasonable for a ~2yr old game.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH. I will likely not be buying any expansion packs released for TSM unless the game is compatible with Steam and the DLCs are released on Steam. There is a reason I rarely buy games outside of Steam, and a reason why it is so successful: I get treated like I actually own the game when I buy it.

Please, EA--release it on Steam or at least let it be compatible! I've already bought and pre-ordered your fancy editions, would it really hurt to recognize that?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
giskarduk

I was going to buy it or pre order it if it was on steam but it appears its not released in the UK for another 2 days and without news of a steam release, I think I'll spend my money on a different steam game and just wait and see.

There are a lot of good games coming out right now.
giskarduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
held

1. Is it a standalone-game?
2. And is it somehow a "The Sims 4"?
3. Has it The Sims 3-graphic engine?
held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
Verwandlung

1.Yes
2.No
3.Yes (updated version)