Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Legacy-ZA
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 232
Posts: 636
Question Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2

Hey there, I do not know where else to put this thread, but here is to having, hopefully, found the right section.

Yep, so I was browsing through your store and I came to one of my most favorite games. Sadly, I see that you only had Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 1 and no sign of Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic 2. (Please note, I did go through your star wars collection sets, nothing, nada, zip)

Sigh, now I would have purchased the first game if only the second one was also available. You see, although this might seem silly to some folks, I like to keep games either digital or boxed. In other words, to not have the first copy of a game, as a digital copy and then having bought the sequel of that game in a boxed copy.

Oh, while I am at it, there is something else that would be convenient, its small but annoying. When I am purchasing a game or browsing to one that has a 18+ rating, can the steam application not check in my profile that I am already over 18? I mean really, we do give those details for a reason :-)

Thank you

Last edited by Legacy-ZA: 03-09-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Legacy-ZA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
xTaz81x
 
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 23
Posts: 449
I own a disc copy (bought a thing full of pc games from some guy in California for 10 bucks) but I wouldn't mind rebuying on Steam.
xTaz81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
BS_1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 4075
Posts: 3,345
I would definitely buy the second game if it were added to Steam. I used to play it on Xbox a lot along with the first.
BS_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Legacy-ZA
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 232
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTaz81x View Post
I own a disc copy (bought a thing full of pc games from some guy in California for 10 bucks) but I wouldn't mind rebuying on Steam.
Unfortunetly, I live in a very remote location, where I can not get a hold of the boxed versions. Everywhere I go I get the same answer, "The game is too old, we do not stock it anymore." I am just wondering, why steam would sell only the first game and not the second one. It just does not make sense :-)
Legacy-ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
qhalidx
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 22
any chance getting this game on steam..no store in my country sells back dated games..
qhalidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
LinkinMcOwnage
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 93
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy-ZA View Post
Unfortunetly, I live in a very remote location, where I can not get a hold of the boxed versions. Everywhere I go I get the same answer, "The game is too old, we do not stock it anymore." I am just wondering, why steam would sell only the first game and not the second one. It just does not make sense :-)
Try ebay and amazon.

Otherwise, a little birdy told you to visit your friends who wear eyepatches and live in a bay

Would certainly buy KOTOR2 if it were on steam. Only problem is it has the same issues as KOTOR in terms of multicore cpu's and windows vista/7 compatibility.
LinkinMcOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Flankercom
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I bet my grandmas tombstone that it will be available before SWTOR is released. Maybe around the same time or about a month and a half before the release of swtor as a promotion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
Eunos
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 366
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flankercom View Post
I bet my grandmas tombstone that it will be available before SWTOR is released. Maybe around the same time or about a month and a half before the release of swtor as a promotion.

I'd go with this, I just hope they allow it as a purchase for them not wanting SWTOR...
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
strongy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flankercom View Post
I bet my grandmas tombstone that it will be available before SWTOR is released. Maybe around the same time or about a month and a half before the release of swtor as a promotion.
you just lost your grandma's tombstone, i hope your planning to buy her a new one.
strongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
Andreson
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 55
Posts: 1,042
Yeah, I hope they release it on Steam soon
Andreson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Oontzhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Necropost, I know.

I would really like to see KotOR II on Steam. I've played through the first one god knows how many times, and the first disc of my KotOR II copy is cracked. I would buy it if it were on Steam. Maybe if Steam gets enough requests they'll add it?
Oontzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
Andreson
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 55
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oontzhead View Post
Necropost, I know.

I would really like to see KotOR II on Steam. I've played through the first one god knows how many times, and the first disc of my KotOR II copy is cracked. I would buy it if it were on Steam. Maybe if Steam gets enough requests they'll add it?
I hope so, maybe an online petition is in order ?
Andreson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
awmperry
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 6
Posts: 72
Yes! Online petitions are good. Not always effective, but good.

I'll add my voice to those wanting KOTOR2 on Steam; I've got it boxed, and my wife bought me an extra boxed copy because my original one is back home in Britain... unfortunately she selected the wrong address in Amazon's checkout, so that one's back home too...
awmperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
teH_angRy_nIgHt
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 12
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by awmperry View Post
I've got it boxed, and my wife bought me an extra boxed copy because my original one is back home in Britain... unfortunately she selected the wrong address in Amazon's checkout, so that one's back home too...
Oh no lol xD.

Signed.
teH_angRy_nIgHt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
real4xor
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 2063
Posts: 3,273
KotOR 2 is completely unavailable digitally. Searched everywhere for it.
:/ I wonder why they made that choice...

I think KotOR 2 was developed by someone else. :/ but as to why they didn`t want it sold digitally, I dunno. Maybe a digital license was too much trouble?
Seems kinda strange tho, especially since they did sell KotOR 1 digitally.

But I sure agree KotOR2 should be on Steam too.

Last edited by real4xor: 03-06-2012 at 11:30 AM.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.