Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 03-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #16
jmrwacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlessx View Post
and this is because the combat in DA2 is faster and requires less planning correct?
You either (A) Don't have the game or (B) are playing on normal mode. Man up and up the difficulty.
jmrwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
wonderboy2402

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSh0t_ View Post
Wow, that really does show how bad the state of things are. Eww.
wonderboy2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
jabso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBo2 View Post
Bioware sold out, Dragon Age is now a dumb console kiddie game with press X to win. We should be thankful that we still have proper quility pc games like Total War. This game will crush Dragon Lame 2: lame edition for lamo's, made by lamo's.
Judging by your immature and totally unoriginal attempt to bag DA2 you yourself are a kiddie. Hit the bricks junior.

This is a Shogun 2 forum. A game that can only be bought on PC. Take your PC elitist BS to a more relevant forum.

Last edited by jabso: 03-10-2011 at 05:36 PM.
jabso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
Mayuyu

DA2 = unlimited DLC works
Mayuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
Lokai08

I hate what they turned DA2 into? DA:O was a little offensive with its DLC but DA2 has a dlc coming out with the release of the game. Not only that but they did end decimate the combat and take everything tactical out of it, it now feels like MMO press this hotkey kind of combat. Anyways this is a SHogun 2 forum and Shogun 2 looks excellent and will indeed make up for the semi-failure DA2 is.
Lokai08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
DTKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSh0t_ View Post
Ouch, that hurts.

Still, I hope Shogun is awesome.

(I also hope ME3 is amazing :3)
DTKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
boyvirgo666

I dont understand you people at all. Dragon age 2 was a damn good game that gave everything it promised. I played it launch day. i beat it this morning. Frankly i found it to be the most fun game iv played in a long time. The gameplay was much smoother than Origins, the writing was better than "you beat the darkspawn...THEN THIS HAPPENED!" and it was not easy as people want to claim. its just not as wierdly in depth anymore. No more skills that felt like you had to overspecialize.

actually. no I'm not going to laude the game. I'm not going to do this anymore. you people can leave me with my Bioware. One of the few game companies who actually tries. Yes i will call Bioware the Pixar of the games industry. If you dont like them im sure Blizzard will love you long time. because at this point you people just get mad at the dumbest things. a sequal doesnt have to be like the original and if you dont like exclusives and preorder bonuses you dont have to use them. no one is forcing you.
boyvirgo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #23
mrsiCkstar

This post is the epitome of all console kiddie posts. If combat is the only thing you care about in Dragon Age you should go back to bunny hopping in CoD. Saying that DA2 is a failure because they streamlined the combat system is utterly laughable. It's a role playing game. The combat is not the main point of the game, the story is. My wife loves Bioware RPGs. She loved Dragon Age and she just told me how much she loves Dragon Age 2. She doesn't care about the fighting at all in these games. It's just stuff you do to get from A to B to C where you can advance the story.

If you like something a bit more tactical, that's fine, but saying that the combat system ruins the entire game is completely missing the point and what DA2 and RPGs are all about.

There's no rule that says an RPG's combat system has to be a certain way or in any way or form tactical or even difficult.

This is so typical of the majority of gamers today. All that matters is combat, it doesn't matter what game type we're talking about. It wouldn't surprise me if the OP of this thread skips all the dialogue just to get to the next fight. Totally, utterly, completely missing the point of what RPG's are about.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
BoBo2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsiCkstar View Post
This post is the epitome of all console kiddie posts. If combat is the only thing you care about in Dragon Age you should go back to bunny hopping in CoD

I like how you try to sound intelligent, but basically just make a bunch of assumptions, which isn't intelligent at all, but pretentious. Oh welly wells.
BoBo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #25
mrsiCkstar

Please tell me what assumptions I made.

I just looked through all your posts in this thread again, and all you are whining about is the combat system and concluding that the game is crap because of it. Nice.

If you have other problems with the game and chose not to voice them, you shouldn't cry about someone making assumptions about you.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #26
Dr0W

I'm yet to see someone complaining about DA2 lore or anything else but the combat system.

People say it is now a "press x and win" game, I dare anyone to beat this game just by pressing x or whatever on hard difficulty.

I almost got pawned by the ogre at the start of the game for not playing strategicaly, all party died except the mage wich I had to keep running in circles around the ogre to kill it, took me 5 minutes that way. I don't even want to think how the Very Hard difficulty would play.

In my humble opinion the only mistake Bioware made was naming the easy mode as normal mode. The hard should be normal, and normal should be easy.

Now people are trying to look hardcore RPG gamers complaining about a freaking combat system, when they forget that the combat system is what matters less in a RPG. These people are the one who looks like kids that got their favourite toy spoiled because it didn't came in the color they wanted.
Dr0W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #27
BoBo2

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
I'm yet to see someone complaining about DA2 lore or anything else but the combat system.
You must not be looking very far.

-Dialogue wheel

-Less Reading

- Party members can no longer be micromanaged

- No more isometric top down view

-Shorter, more linear

- No more skills

- No mod tools

- No Race Choice

- No multiple origins

- Recycled Environments

- Content delivery cut if not purchased at certain time

And more.
It's now generally considered an inferior game.
I am correct, it is time to move on.
BoBo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #28
aubrey64

DA2

Ive played and beat the game and compared to DAO, ive found DA 2 severly lacking in many places. 1, the combat, I should not be able to kill an ogre in a few seconds because his heads stuck in a wall, Revenants, abominations i laugh at. 2 the story is to short, beat this in 23 hours, 3 crafting and traps, etc, do NOT like the way they done that. there are good qualities, but you have to search hard, btw played on normal. also i agree with Bob and his post above min

Last edited by aubrey64: 03-11-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #29
Baron_Fel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrwacko View Post
You either (A) Don't have the game or (B) are playing on normal mode. Man up and up the difficulty.
lmao this. Im playing on hard (ff is still off, until nightmare) and I still died a few times on that first ogre fight.

anybody bashing DA2, sorry but you dont know wtf ur talking about.
Baron_Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #30
sugam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_Fel View Post
anybody bashing DA2, sorry but you don't know wtf ur talking about.
I was hoping some of the Fan-boys could give more clear reasons why the game is good, but I guess they cant think of much.

Fan-boys aside, what this doing here in Shogun 2? To have a sullied game company that sold its soul to create fail for a FAST dollar is kinda insulting to a real company that still works hard to make quality games as CA has always done. I just hope EA does not go after them in the near future, it seems everyone has a price, even gamers as cheap/easy(dragon age 2) to compared to high value/quality (Shogun 2)

Last edited by sugam: 03-11-2011 at 05:19 AM.
sugam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2