Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Sheepdawg

Fail witch is fail

Lately shes been "swing-and-a-missing" quite a bit.

All in all this "Infected" is a waste. One sits around crying. One walk around aimlessly, crying, avoiding survivors. And another one sits there, crying, in a wedding dress.

Wasnt the bride witch supposed to be dangerous? Most of the time now people just camp the tree and launch a molly her way.

Personally "CROWNING" the witch is , and shouldn't be possible. No...not becuase "YOU FAIL AT CROWNING GET GOOD PL0X" because it really just makes her a useless entity in the game.

So, let the flame filled and/or productive rambling begin.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Psychological

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg View Post
So, let the flame filled and/or productive rambling begin.
I got your flaming right here you insignificant piece of ...

I completely agree...

BAM! Didn't see that comin' did ya? DID YA?

Yeah, the witch is almost completely useless now. I like to play games with her by throwing a molly and popping adrenaline, I race her back to the saferoom. If I win she gets to run away and cry, but if she wins, I die! It's a great tradeoff!!
Psychological is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Sheepdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychological View Post
I got your flaming right here you insignificant piece of ...

I completely agree...

BAM! Didn't see that comin' did ya? DID YA?

Yeah, the witch is almost completely useless now. I like to play games with her by throwing a molly and popping adrenaline, I race her back to the saferoom. If I win she gets to run away and cry, but if she wins, I die! It's a great tradeoff!!
LOL im deff going to try this one. Shouldnt be hard to find 4 adrens in a level then have a team race back to the safehouse. From there you can continue to door spam while your teammate is helpless to get in
Sheepdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Psychological

Banned
Actually, I might stop using adrenaline, since she's already slower with the fire damage anyways.

Hmmmm...

Competetive Witch Racing...
Psychological is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Sheepdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychological View Post
Actually, I might stop using adrenaline, since she's already slower with the fire damage anyways.

Hmmmm...

Competetive Witch Racing...
You may want to TM that before Valve trys to pass it off as one of their own mutations.

Also if witches galore you crave, try military industrial complex 2. LOL! Witch farm FTW.
Sheepdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
offishulwoland

Quote:
Personally "CROWNING" the witch is , and shouldn't be possible. No...not becuase "YOU FAIL AT CROWNING GET GOOD PL0X" because it really just makes her a useless entity in the game.
Not really. Granted it's not the hardest skill to learn, just a matter of taking your time and holding your aim steady, but it still requires a bit of nerve in versus when you know the infected team are going to try their best to make you screw it up. Want uncrownable witches? Play realism. The witch is not suposed to be a free incap/death for the infected team, you have to use her.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Xalphin

Crowning is fine.

What isn't fine is that the witch in L4D2 is a joke.

She can be juked while she's running at you.
Her path finding is bizarre.
Fire makes her move slower and more erratically.
She misses her swings A LOT.
She kills you half as slow as she did in L4D1 yet the survivors are much more powerful in L4D2...
Wandering Witch's agro radius is an absolute joke.
If you're going first as SI then a lot of the time the witch will spawn right after your attack leaving her open for an easy crown. I thought the team that went first as infected was suppose to have an advantage?
Xalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Odins Raven

Quote:
You may want to TM that before Valve trys to pass it off as one of their own mutations.

Also if witches galore you crave, try military industrial complex 2. LOL! Witch farm FTW.
i heard there were quite a bit of witches in there, and yes that one room was full, but other then that, i was a little disenchanted with the amount of witches versus the actual amount i expected.
Odins Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
Voyager II

Banned
the bride spawns a horde if she's startled, not entirely useless imo

oh and witches actually have 2 different "onfire" animations, sitting witches use the slower-than-survivors one while wandering witches will run faster than a healthly survivor

that is unless she runs in circles and climbs the same object thrice.
Voyager II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
Xalphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager II View Post
the bride spawns a horde if she's startled, not entirely useless imo

oh and witches actually have 2 different "onfire" animations, sitting witches use the slower-than-survivors one while wandering witches will run faster than a healthly survivor

that is unless she runs in circles and climbs the same object thrice.
Who would actually light a wandering witch...
Xalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
Voyager II

Banned
accidents/idiots happen
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
Tyrant vs Tank

Solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-9sPnoEjoM

Unfortunately it seems to be a real no-no amongst the community.

When you suddenly say her being playable as a sensible idea. Suddenly you get arguments about how 'useful' she is.

Only when you say she should be playable of course.
Tyrant vs Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
Voyager II

Banned
^ that's amazing
Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Tyrant vs Tank

- 1 witch per map
- Only once in rotation
- You choose where she spawns
- You can use her walking or sitting
- You control her agitation but not the actual attack

I see no reason why that's a negative in any fashion.
Tyrant vs Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
Lulzfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant vs Tank View Post
- You control her agitation but not the actual attack

I see no reason why that's a negative in any fashion.
The Witch's pathfinding is a pretty common complaint, and the fire blinding only compounds it.

I think a player-controlled Witch would be good, although wandering towards the Survivors constantly might be too far out of character.

The attack would have to be player-controlled to compensate for the pathfinding, but not player-started. It would basically be the Tank's old speed boost while on fire, the Witch would get a huge speed boost and the ability to attack when agitated.

To deal with players forcibly wandering towards survivors or trying to get the drop on them while they are pinned by a horde, it might be good to force the Witch to sit when the players can see her. Walking would be sort of like ghost mode, except you're already spawned.

The AID would spawn you wherever it liked as usual (Basically just like the Tank*), then you could stand up and walk until the Survivors saw you, then you would be forced to sit down until agitated, when you would control the attack.

I would really love to play this as a mod, it might be too complex for new players, though. "Left click to claw, but only when losing your . Right click to sit or stand, unless you have line of sight with the Survivors. Don't try to drop off of buildings, that doesn't make any sense and you would just be frozen at the edge."

* YOU WILL BECOME THE WITCH - PREPARE TO ATTACK THE SURVIVORS

Edit: Also, it seems like the AI Witch constantly charges towards the Survivors when attacking. This would be a little awkward to control though, I think the Human Witch would have to have full control. It would be fun to control a boss that can actually catch and damage the Survivors.

Last edited by Lulzfish: 03-10-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2