Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Crit-O-Clock

Please Make More Steam Games Mac Compatible!

Valve, I want to buy the games you promote. I want to buy Shogun 2 and get my Genuine items. Please let me give you more money.

Even if I want the promos, I can't justify buying a game I can't play just to get them.

P.S. Yes, I know that a Mac isn't the ideal choice for a gaming computer. But I need a Macbook for work and it seems silly to buy a second laptop when I've already spent so much on the first.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Shadrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit-O-Clock View Post
Valve, I want to buy the games you promote. I want to buy Shogun 2 and get my Genuine items. Please let me give you more money.

Even if I want the promos, I can't justify buying a game I can't play just to get them.

P.S. Yes, I know that a Mac isn't the ideal choice for a gaming computer. But I need a Macbook for work and it seems silly to buy a second laptop when I've already spent so much on the first.
Well, asking Valve to make a mac version of shogun 2 is like asking gamestop to make a mac version of shogun 2. They only sell it, they didn't develope it, you might want to take that up with the developer of the game.

Working with a mac myself, may I ask what kind of work you do that actually requieres a mac?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
KingOfMars27

If you REALLY want to game on your Mac, figure out that bootcamp business. If that's too much, just live with the fact that your system just isn't meant for gaming.

Also, this isn't a Valve issue. It comes down to the makers of Shogun 2. Valve is a distributor through Steam, and there's a bit of business ties in that they're helping to promote it with the TF2 tie-in, but it all ends there.
KingOfMars27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Crit-O-Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrik View Post
Well, asking Valve to make a mac version of shogun 2 is like asking gamestop to make a mac version of shogun 2. They only sell it, they didn't develope it, you might want to take that up with the developer of the game.

Working with a mac myself, may I ask what kind of work you do that actually requieres a mac?
Copywriting (and other kinds of writing). Everyone at the company I work for owns a mac, literally everyone. Everything from the file sharing system to the software they buy for us is for Macs. I maybe could get by with a PC if I really had to, but it would be a lot more effort for me and other people.

Yeah, and I know it's not Valve's fault. I just wish more developers would put the effort into making their games work on both systems.
Crit-O-Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
real4xor

1. Start a petition demanding more games for mac on the interwebs.
2. Shove it in publishers/developers face (nicely) when it`s filled up
3. ???
4. profit.

Well, seems like a good plan anyway. Maybe if enough mac users say they want gaems, and you forward that to your favorite publishers they might consider it.
:/ although it`s all about profits... So hope enough people sign up.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Sagenth

Brilliant idea, but easier said than done. We are slowly moving toward such unity, slowly but surely.
Sagenth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas