Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
dmdilks

Here is another place to get it from: http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/anno-1404-gold

Plus you should be able to update this one too. If you do all the updates before you run the game. You don't need a activation and key.
dmdilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
Kaboom

That worries me about all games on steam now its scarry that games baught else where keep getting support but steam drops it. Should be in a contract to keep providing support to steam customers no matter what. What if Shogun updates stop and so on?
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
JamieKirby1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havicc View Post
I want this game and steam is the only service i use or want to use. I hope they can talk them into patching it properly so i dont have to look elsewhere for the game.
i only buy from steam now-a-days, so if Ubisoft doesn't patch steam versions, then they don't come out on steam, which means i do NOT buy their games, if Ubisoft want to be insanely stupid, its their choice.
JamieKirby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
Stevarian

Urgh, damn you Ubisoft - just as I was minutes away from having a mate getting the game /shakeFist

I assume that since other digital distributers have the fully patched game (as opposed to us), we can't play mp games with people who get it elsewhere?
Stevarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
dmdilks

This one you can update:

http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/anno-1404-gold

Plus more likey that has the 2.1 update. Just remember that before you run the game do all the updates. So you don't have to activated it or use a key. The 3.1 patch takes out the activation.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
danohk

Wonder how long it will be before people figure out that treating others well results in good outcomes.

Why on earth is Steam still advertising this, if they're not selling it? Why would Ubisoft agree to sell on Steam, then not support their product?
danohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
danohk

And I just noticed the "3 machine activation limit." Why on earth would I buy this online, then? I'll just get the discs, thanks, or, as I am more inclined, just bail out on the all the bullcrap, since you don't know how to treat your paying customers.
danohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
deSadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danohk View Post
And I just noticed the "3 machine activation limit." Why on earth would I buy this online, then? I'll just get the discs, thanks, or, as I am more inclined, just bail out on the all the bullcrap, since you don't know how to treat your paying customers.
I'm pretty sure the DVD version carries the same limitation, since it's based on the CD KEY.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
dmdilks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSadist View Post
I'm pretty sure the DVD version carries the same limitation, since it's based on the CD KEY.
No the base game if you do all the updates before you run it no activation & no key. You can put it on as many computers you want. How the download version Venice DOD yes 3 activation.

If you can get your hands a DVD Gold edition 1404uk and do update 3.1 no activation & no keys. Again you can put it as many computers you want.

I don't know why these people love these online stores. I have every version of the game because I help on 5 anno forums. You have to have them so you help everybody.

I have more problems with the online stores and never had a problem with the disk in hand.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series