Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Osmos

Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Fertilizer

Why You Should Give things Away!

I bought the 12 games for $20 to divide it up and sell copies to all of you at cost... but after I did it someone claimed doing that was against the TOS...

I tried to get answers from steam but I got mixed results... So i was kinda stuck with these copies and so I gave them too all of My gaming friends for Xmas Presents...

Now most of them have been friends since before Steam kept track... And all of a sudden I started to get games from my wish list gifted to me...

Well I have got more then I have gave! I didn't want anything when I gave them... Well a "thank you", but I got more then I gave...

Guess it always pays to be nice I tried to pick up 12 more copies to give to the rest of my friends... but it wouldnt let me Said I already had the game and wouldn't let me go forword anyways... Ahh Well!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
nkahoang

Wow congrats ! You are so lucky.
:P if you have any extra copy of Osmos, can you consider share it with me? Thank you in advance my ID is nkahoang
nkahoang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
frostje

That was support to be the spirit of this sale. Sadly I dont think many people got that. Its nice from your side tho, +1
Old 11-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
Fertilizer

lol, thats because people are stuck beign friends with nkahoang... Greedy Bastard
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
Baggies

I'd be interested in a copy if you've still got some.
Baggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
dlorT

Figures someone is trying to capitalize off a charity drive. Of course it's against the ToS, you could chose to give all of the money you paid to charity. Instead you're trying to capitalize off of the fact that you paid 20 dollars for something. Some people donated upwards of 300 dollars for the Humble bundle this year. People like you make me sick.
dlorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Me2nice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fertilizer View Post
I bought the 12 games for $20 to divide it up and sell copies to all of you at cost... but after I did it someone claimed doing that was against the TOS...

I tried to get answers from steam but I got mixed results... So i was kinda stuck with these copies and so I gave them too all of My gaming friends for Xmas Presents...

Now most of them have been friends since before Steam kept track... And all of a sudden I started to get games from my wish list gifted to me...

Well I have got more then I have gave! I didn't want anything when I gave them... Well a "thank you", but I got more then I gave...

Guess it always pays to be nice I tried to pick up 12 more copies to give to the rest of my friends... but it wouldnt let me Said I already had the game and wouldn't let me go forword anyways... Ahh Well!
Bold: No, it does not. (Then again, you aren't really supposed to be expecting to be paid for it).

I happy that you were fortunate enough to have people repay the generosity you have shown them. We need more people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlorT View Post
Figures someone is trying to capitalize off a charity drive. Of course it's against the ToS, you could chose to give all of the money you paid to charity. Instead you're trying to capitalize off of the fact that you paid 20 dollars for something. Some people donated upwards of 300 dollars for the Humble bundle this year. People like you make me sick.
Apparently, you have trouble with reading comprehension. They said they gave the game away to their friends as CHRISTMAS presents. Not only that, but that also said they tried to contact steam support, which means that they bought their games from STEAM, not the humble bundle sale. In fact, they bought these BEFORE Osmos even appeared in the humble bundle sale! Therefore, your assumption is wholly incorrect.

Last edited by Me2nice: 04-25-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Osmos