Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battle: Los Angeles

Old 03-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Coalvayne

Price and Lenght Aside How does it play?

Is it good, bad, ok? I saw the trailer and it looks like they spent quite a bit of time on it for a $10 dollar game even if it is short. I'm going it guess it's a COD clone?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
MichaelJetfire

this part i will admit. yes its short, yes its... pretty dull what with only 3 weapons and crappy graphics... but the ONLY thing this game has going for it is the controls. they are decent. thats it. the gameplay is good enough to play through... but i guarantee you will only play through this once.
MichaelJetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
MustangDelta

Yes there are only three weapons but would have to disagree with crappy graphics comments....while this game isn't going to test any high-end video cards soon, there are a lot of full price video games with worse.

If you want to run through a first person shooter that reminds you of the movie, this is your title.

If your want to get the next earth-shattering FPS for $10...it ain't happening with this title.
MustangDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
MADDOGGE

The controls are nice on both the 360 and the PC. Played the 360 demo and own the PC version. Plays very well. LOL, the only complaint I have is our character is terribly out of shape for a marine in that he can't sprint but about 4 sec before being out of breathe.

There are some good textures in the game plus I like the moving monkey grass.This isn't Crysis 1 though.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Meta4

The controls are horrible for one major reason: no strafing. What the hell kind of FPS doesn't have strafing?
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Meno

Thumbs down Battle: LA= Crap

How does it play...NOT AT ALL! Im sick and tired of spending money and getting crap. My system is more than adequate for this failure.
Meno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Jugulator62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
The controls are horrible for one major reason: no strafing. What the hell kind of FPS doesn't have strafing?
How does this game not have strafing? I have played through it 4 times and had no problems.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Jugulator62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDelta View Post
Yes there are only three weapons but would have to disagree with crappy graphics comments....while this game isn't going to test any high-end video cards soon, there are a lot of full price video games with worse.

If you want to run through a first person shooter that reminds you of the movie, this is your title.

If your want to get the next earth-shattering FPS for $10...it ain't happening with this title.
I agree.Certainly enough info on the net to make an informed purchased almost immedeiately after relelease. I do feel bad for the people having tech problem, but if you bought it without some research as to lenghth and content then thats on you. I thought the graphics were pretty decent considering $10 price tag.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Meno

It sucks! Period. It took longer for me to get the game to run than the legnth of playing time to finish game.

Its like cheesiest game I ever played.

Last edited by Meno: 03-15-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Meno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Lim214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
THANK YOU! .. I was searching and thought there was something wrong with my controls, or I'd messed up in options or something.

this could have been a quick and fun shooter experience, for a good cheap price I'd have praised the devs and publishers for, but I just can't get past the lack of strafing nad having my lef and right keys constantly messing up my aim.

It's hard to train away ~20 years of strafing for one game and I'm afraid I don't have the patience to bother trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugulator62 View Post
How does this game not have strafing? I have played through it 4 times and had no problems.
Were you using Keyboard and Mouse, or does this game actually support a controller (even though the store page doesn't mention it)?

I'll fire it up again and see if I can answer this myself and update here.

bleh. Strafing works fine with a controller, all the more reason it should work fine with a keyboard. It doesn't so if you can stand the crappy controller aim, more power to ya. It's always the little things like this that make a perfectly good game just garbage.

Last edited by Lim214: 03-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Lim214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
MADDOGGE

There is something wrong with your controls. I don't know what your particular problem could be but the game clearly has scraffing and works just fine. Even the controls say move left "A" or move right "D".

Do you have some other control device plugged in when trying to play that could be interfering?
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
SilenceRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
There is something wrong with your controls. I don't know what your particular problem could be but the game clearly has scraffing and works just fine. Even the controls say move left "A" or move right "D".

Do you have some other control device plugged in when trying to play that could be interfering?
Doesn't matter if the description says "move", ingame the left and right keys rotate your character on a 360° plane, instead of taking steps left and right.
It makes the gameplay terrible; can't aim, can't get good cover, etc. An awful choice for a bad game.
SilenceRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
androsath

Try holding a combo of keys I know Hydrophobia ed me like that until i was combining mouseclicks with strafe allowing control over the camera bit fiddly but if your into shooters it shouldnt be that hard.

Ill wait for final judgment after I get it down and played mind you.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battle: Los Angeles