Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
vaillant085
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 16
Posts: 81
Campaing scoring?

For those who like to play campaigns, could a scoring system be put in place? like bronze, silver, gold standard?
Scoring based on:
1 shoot accuracy
2 damage taken
3 completion time
What do you think? The scoring system would be meant for cooperative play, the total sum of effort of the survivors together.

Last edited by vaillant085: 03-14-2011 at 02:27 PM.
vaillant085 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
curran12
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 336
Posts: 766
One question:

Why?
curran12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
john_volkov
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 159
Posts: 3,652
because it's coop and it sould be fun , even competitive.
john_volkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Zeratulz
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 177
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
because it's coop and it sould be fun , even competitive.
Everyone's already battling for the least incaps, no deaths, least FF, Most keelz.. Competitive enough.

"LOL I KILLED MORE HUNTERS THAN YOU"
Yeh men, u pro.
Zeratulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
No_wander_off
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 1445
Posts: 10,633
Co-op it's not a competition, and many people like it that way.

Including a score when it's really not nedeed at all would be against the design of co-op.
No_wander_off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
john_volkov
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 159
Posts: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_wander_off View Post
Co-op it's not a competition, and many people like it that way.

Including a score when it's really not nedeed at all would be against the design of co-op.
Competitive not like versus , but more like who get's more kills , preaty much who is the mpv of the game,sometimes I join a server with 3 noobs trying to get the expert achivment , and when I tell them they have nothing to do with expert they start flaming me,because they fail (preaty much happens with evry russian and cz i'v meet)This way people may see who is the MVP, me and my friend when we play L4D2 co op I make fun of him when I got 1 more zombie kill then he dose.
john_volkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
MyClam--
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 439
Posts: 5,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
Competitive not like versus , but more like who get's more kills , preaty much who is the mpv of the game,sometimes I join a server with 3 noobs trying to get the expert achivment , and when I tell them they have nothing to do with expert they start flaming me,because they fail (preaty much happens with evry russian and cz i'v meet)This way people may see who is the MVP, me and my friend when we play L4D2 co op I make fun of him when I got 1 more zombie kill then he dose.
i think you're playing with the wrong kind of people if you need to claim bragging rights in the end of a coop game...
MyClam-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
curran12
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 336
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
Competitive not like versus , but more like who get's more kills , preaty much who is the mpv of the game,sometimes I join a server with 3 noobs trying to get the expert achivment , and when I tell them they have nothing to do with expert they start flaming me,because they fail (preaty much happens with evry russian and cz i'v meet)This way people may see who is the MVP, me and my friend when we play L4D2 co op I make fun of him when I got 1 more zombie kill then he dose.
And I think the argument against "competitive co-op" has been made for us, thank you.
curran12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Bindal
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 685
Posts: 7,545
Coop already says what's to do in that mode: Cooperate. Means working TOGETHER, not AGAINST each other. Competitive however is working AGAINST someone. So, the total opposite of cooperating.

Beside, we already got the credits, which tells you, who did what. That's already enough.
Bindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
vaillant085
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 16
Posts: 81
I meant a cooperative score, where everyone is taken into account, not competitive
vaillant085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
Cymen90
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 561
Posts: 3,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
because it's coop and it sould be fun , even competitive.
My contradiction meter is going crazy here.
Cymen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
No_wander_off
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 1445
Posts: 10,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaillant085 View Post
I meant a cooperative score, where everyone is taken into account, not competitive
Oh, you the ending credits at the end of each campaign.
No_wander_off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
infrequent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 145
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
because it's coop and it sould be fun , even competitive.
That it's coop defeats your argument. Coop is about team performance, not your performance.

But I would not mind having a kill-counter and a headshot-counter so I could see if do my job right
infrequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
Icy_Inferno
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 44
Posts: 151
I could see this as a way for people to practice clearing CI while avoiding friendly fire/CI damage, and progressing quickly. I like. I think I'd like it better for L4D1 though, since the common in that game seem a bit more menacing to me in terms of pathing and lack of melee weapons.
Icy_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
zupalex
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 28
Posts: 247
In fact a score for the whole team according to the global performances of everyone, and not a score per player seems a good idea to me. You know, like survival, the medal is for everyone in the team, not just the best player.
zupalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.