Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
rlcobra
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 47
Thumbs down Sound out of sync

I hope it is not just me but my sound is out of sync by about 2 sec's it is a total game breaker for me cause sobody will start talking then about 2 sec's later you find out what they r saying. The best is When you fall down the stairs at the start I am out the door before I hear it start.
rlcobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Kleetus
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 302
Posts: 1,718
Well, it's not just you, there's another post on this.

Anyway, if you're using XP, lower hardware acceleration.

If you're using vista/windows 7, play around with the sample rate and bit depth.
Kleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
DeathMinister
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
It's not just you, I'm getting this as well. The sound is either off or getting cut off.

How am I supposed to play around with sample rates, or anything for that matter if I can't access the advanced settings in game?
DeathMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
Kleetus
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 302
Posts: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMinister View Post
How am I supposed to play around with sample rates, or anything for that matter if I can't access the advanced settings in game?
It's not an in-game setting, it's a Windows setting.

Right-click your speaker icon in Systray, then Playback Devices.

Then double-click your speakers, then the Advanced tab.
Kleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
rlcobra
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 47
I played with all of the setting and that made no difference!!
rlcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
Kleetus
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 302
Posts: 1,718
Are you using the latest sound driver?
Kleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
alanthegrate
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I am using the latest Sounder driver also have, a Crative sound card. and a USB head set and both are out of sync
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
DeathMinister
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
It's not an in-game setting, it's a Windows setting.

Right-click your speaker icon in Systray, then Playback Devices.

Then double-click your speakers, then the Advanced tab.

Thanks! I learn something new every day. However, I have toyed around with it and still nothing. That plus the fact that this has never happened with any other game I've played makes me think it's a problem with the game and not my computer.

Could be wrong though...seeing as I made myself look like an idiot about two hours ago
DeathMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
Exia12
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMinister View Post
Thanks! I learn something new every day. However, I have toyed around with it and still nothing. That plus the fact that this has never happened with any other game I've played makes me think it's a problem with the game and not my computer.

Could be wrong though...seeing as I made myself look like an idiot about two hours ago
Yup, i had this problem and post it on forum, but some idiot keep saying it my hardware problem...
Exia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #10
RaQin_Keldra
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 44
Same problem here...Homefront is out of sych, but none of my many other games are.
RaQin_Keldra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
rlcobra
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 47
This is so crazy I cant play cause of this
rlcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #12
lupinmodz
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 10
Posts: 136
maybe its cuz ur graphics card sucks http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ go there and see if u can run it some games like just cause 2 happen 2 me. my graphics card sucked and i had on low settings and the sound wasnt synced same with bad company 2 but since i updated my graphics card it wasnt a problem
lupinmodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
rlcobra
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 47
2x 295 gtx sli with 8gigs and a q9650 to match. Sorry but not the problem. NEXT!!!
rlcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
DeathMinister
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinmodz View Post
maybe its cuz ur graphics card sucks http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ go there and see if u can run it some games like just cause 2 happen 2 me. my graphics card sucked and i had on low settings and the sound wasnt synced same with bad company 2 but since i updated my graphics card it wasnt a problem
I have a Radeon HD 5770. I don't know much about graphics cards, but I'm pretty sure this one is up there. I have four gigs of RAM as well. The only thing that's kindof is my processor (a 2.3GHz AMD Dual Core), but even if that was causing it, there should be an option to force sync the audio, as that would be far more reasonable than me running out to buy a new processor.
DeathMinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
rlcobra
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 47
I agree completely. Lets just hope they put out a patch soon!
rlcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.