Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DogFighter > Report Bugs

Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
wjomlex

Don't seem to be receiving points for achievements.

I've played about 20 rounds of DogFighter now. Some single player, some multiplayer, some local multiplayer with bots. I haven't received any progress towards the achievements that are "get X points". Do you have to be playing in a specific mode for points to count?

Is it only multiplayer games that contain one other human player?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
I'll have to look into this mate. I was taking som video yesterday with Noxy (one of our devs) and the video was RUINED when the achievement "Live Long and Prosper" popped up on the screen!

The achievements should work just fine. I'll look into this for you.
mooTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
wjomlex

Question

Just to be clear, the achievements for kills and time played seem fine.

The problematic ones are the "get X points" military rank ones. Should I receive points for offline play, or only online?

I played some offline CTF and didn't receive flag capture or return credit either. Is that also only online?

I haven't completed an online round in which another human player was present. Perhaps that's the case?

Thanks!
wjomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
that sounds about right mate. Online only.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
wjomlex

All right, that would explain that. Whenever I play online I always seem to get disconnected halfway through the game...

It would be nice if points and flag captures/returns would get counted without having to wait for the round to complete.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
wjomlex

When I start the game up and play for a bit, it seems to reset all of my achievement progress. For instance, I used to have some human players killed, but now it shows 0. And I've definitely made more than 1 kill with the machine gun. It seems that after a while the progress comes back... but only sometimes?

I'm not quite sure how to explain it. My community page is wjomx, so you can see the achievement progress. Tell if there's anything I can try out to help you resolve this. Has anybody else had this problem?

Also, I see that for "Promotion: General" it says 32,000 / 64,000 rather than the value it should actually be.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
blurp

Just do not play single player games. It seems points do accumulate between game sessions only in multiplayer. At least stats work that way in my case and case of my friends.
blurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
SCHUMI_4EVER

Offline the game can't see the Steam Cloud and thus your data on it, hence your stats would be different to when you're online and the game can propperly sync to the Steam Cloud.
SCHUMI_4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
spot on.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
blurp

Let me state this clear: my steam client was always online. Every time I start single player session stats are reset. And every time newly started stats are synced to Steam Cloud. Anyway, just look to global achievement stats - don't you ever wondered why so few people unlocked achievements? After all, these 50-kills ones are trivial to unlock unless something is broken. Besides, this game is bugged like hell: crashing servers, stalling planes (even in single player modes), messed scoreboards, vanishing nicknames... The game is great but unfortunately it looks more like an early beta and not final product.
blurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #11
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
not a problem mate. I'll check it out.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
wjomlex

I was actually only playing online games (locally hosted, but still not single player), and the stats keep being reset.

I host locally because if I don't, I get disconnected from about 90% of all the multiplayer games I play. If you can fix the achievements and the disconnects, this game would be a lot better. It's really fun, but it's plagued by these problems.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
wjomlex

It looks like the last update fixed the achievements along with the disconnects. Very nice

Though, "Promotion: General" still says 32,000 / 64,000. Any idea why? Do I need to worry about that, or will it work properly when I go above 32,000 points?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #14
mooTV

Dark Water Studios, Ltd.
It should work correctly when you get over 32,000 points.
Glad it's all working for you mate.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DogFighter > Report Bugs