Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Vok_250

Steam Guard Problems

I have had a lot of problems with Steam Guard and I'm wondering if anyone else has had them.

First, It didn't recognize my laptop until I had verified it three times with codes.

Then when I tested it, it said I was already logged on on another account. Naturally I changed my password and check all my settings.

I then reset the devices and verified my laptop again.

Then rebooted Steam and everything worked fine, logging me in as normal.

So then I went to buy Atom Zombie Smasher and got an error. Since then I have tried multiple ways and methods of purchasing and all I get is error messages. I have seen about 5 different ones now.

I sent in a support ticket, but they just told me to try things I already had.

I haven't been able to get any new games since Steam Guard popped up

Anyone else had this problem?
Anyone know how to avoid this or fix this?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
meneerwillie

Unhappy Steam guard problem

I can't purchase things in the steam store either, i didn't notice anything of steam-guard, because my steam kept logging in automaticly after the steam guard release.

every time i try to login in the shop it asks me for a code send to me in an E-mail. the problem is that i get no E-mail.

The E-mail adress on my steam account is right, i'm sure because i tried requesting a password-reset and i got an E-mail from that
i really want to have this problem solved.

Also: I'm dutch so sorry if my english is bad

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Vok_250

my purchasing is back! it was an old pending transaction screwing it up.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
thomasabarnes

meneerwillie:

Check your email spam folder very good for the Steam Guard email with the code.

I couldn't find the email, either, but it was burried deep in my email spam folder.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Korzimir

Red face Steam Guard Email problem

So.. i wanted to play some garrys mod with my friend, i went into steam logging in with my account..
And then suddenly some Steam Guard pops up, and tells me to acces via a special code via my email. Then i go check my mail for any special code, but nothings there. Ive tried sending the mail several times, i even restarted steam like 5 times now. This Steam guard is and doesn't work at all.

Am i the only one having this problem with Steam Guard, and how do i solve it?
Steam Support is obviously , i've sent a support ticket for like a week ago and they haven't answered yet!!
HELP ME, I WANT TO PLAY COUNTER STRIKE

Regards jernseb'

Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
machinezed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korzimir View Post
So.. i wanted to play some garrys mod with my friend, i went into steam logging in with my account..
And then suddenly some Steam Guard pops up, and tells me to acces via a special code via my email. Then i go check my mail for any special code, but nothings there. Ive tried sending the mail several times, i even restarted steam like 5 times now. This Steam guard is and doesn't work at all.

Am i the only one having this problem with Steam Guard, and how do i solve it?
Steam Support is obviously , i've sent a support ticket for like a week ago and they haven't answered yet!!
HELP ME, I WANT TO PLAY COUNTER STRIKE

Regards jernseb'
Check your email address associated with your account. Also check the Spam folder, and use the last one you find since you requested multiple codes.
I should also point out it is working if you can't access your games without the code on a different computer.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
deke913

steam gaurd sucks

Please quit telling people to check their spam folder and other bogus rhetoric. I don't even know what email address I had in steam as I've been a member for many years and never received an email from them and have changed email accounts about a dozen times since then. Ive checked every account I can think of and not one single email...well except for the canned response from support which oddly enough works like a charm.../facepalm.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Iperyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deke913 View Post
Please quit telling people to check their spam folder and other bogus rhetoric. I don't even know what email address I had in steam as I've been a member for many years and never received an email from them and have changed email accounts about a dozen times since then. Ive checked every account I can think of and not one single email...well except for the canned response from support which oddly enough works like a charm.../facepalm.
Hahaha I have similar problem so i cant log in and play :Q

Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
Mojo Spriggs

Well, I got locked outta my account over 2 weeks ago by this great invention. Steam must have assumed i wanted steam guard even though i told it I don't want it. So my email "MobileMe" is inactive, and I'm unable to reactivate it until Mobile me switches to ICloud. Steam Support has offered no help by ignoring 2 questions to their staff over a 2 week long period of time. So $500.00 worth of games (including my retail versions) are locked up with my credit card information in my inactive account. Way to go Steam. PS: when I click NO, that doesnt mean "install while I'm away from my computer". It's simple, they need to change my email or delete Steam Guard. I don't like it, and no one I've talked to about it has either.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
Vaemer-Riit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Spriggs View Post
So my email "MobileMe" is inactive

So why didn't you change your e-mail in steam before you lost access to your e-mail account? The program is doing what it is supposed to do. Your problem appears to be a simple PEBCAK error.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Simo8484

I have kinda the same problem exept I did change it because my old was deactivated, but I don't think it ever was changed even though I got an email about follow this link to activate the new email, but steam won't send me the email, and I have checked my spam folder... ever got the problem solved?

Sorry for bumbing the old thead
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #12
Satoru

Did you really need to necro this thread? Just contact support like everyone else in the thread said.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Simo8484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
Did you really need to necro this thread? Just contact support like everyone else in the thread said.
I did but it was a week ago, they seem to ignore me -.-
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #14
Jompsa

I have kinda almost same problem, i contact steam sp but they don't realy help me, i dont know, nasty bug!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Tags
steam guard