Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront

Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
isaac dlark

Question Can i use a xbox 360 contorller on homefront???[FIXED]

CAN I USE A XBOX 360 CONTORLLER ON HOMEFRONT IM AM REALLY CONFUSED
when i plug it in and turn it on all i can do is move around and look around cant map the buttons of the controller at all its not that i dont want to use a keybord and mouse its just in my curtant set up is hard to play with the keybord and mouse AND i would like to use it for the helecopters i just cannout use a keybord and mouse for them i fly everywhere cant aim and then crash into the cround please i've spent 4 HOURS! looking around google to try and find a answer posted on a lot of forums and this is the last place i can put it has anyone got an answer! can i use my xbox 360 controller on homefront?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Last edited by isaac dlark: 03-19-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
icy1007

There is a checkbox in the controls menu called "Use Gamepad" or something similar. The buttons should be mapped by default.
icy1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Cyzthur

Yes and you should use one also. It's the best way to play the game on pc.

sarcasm
Cyzthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
madlulz

Banned
Yep. It's got nice rumble support too.
madlulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
fedaykin6

Banned
Why on earth would you want to use a gamepad in a PC game? Are you asking to get owned? Go back to your Xbux.
Seriously, if you want to have a chance against players online, use your mouse, Luke.
fedaykin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
isaac dlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedaykin6 View Post
Why on earth would you want to use a gamepad in a PC game? Are you asking to get owned? Go back to your Xbux.
Seriously, if you want to have a chance against players online, use your mouse, Luke.
i dont want to sound like im haveing a go at you but all i want it for is the veicals and atm my with my setup its very hard to play any pc games on it once i get a new setup (which is soon) i will use keybord and mouse for normal stuff and controller for heles and tanks did you read all my post? becuase if you did you wouldnet be asking this question and on another point xbox and ps3 are filled with stupid screaming little high piched voices and everyone is a sore loser/winner i hate it the comunaty is terrible and the pc comunaty is the best one everyone is nice and supports each other and i <3 that! i sold my xbox becuase that reason alone and invested into a new gameing computer
isaac dlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
BobbyGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedaykin6 View Post
Why is it any of your business if he wants to use a controller. The xbox controller works fine I use it in this game. Fedaykin6 how about u add me so I can own you with my 360 controller ? add me and i will record me kicking you around the map and you-tube you ? are you asking to get owned ? I am for real add me and I will show you how good the 360 controller really is !

Regards
Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Infiltrator22

X360 Controller for Windows works almost in every game, especially in a game which released also for Xbox.
Infiltrator22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
BobbyGuns

isaac dlark

The controller works great. You don't get the xbox buttons layout but you get rumble and all the goodies. Make sure you add the check in gampade box under controllers. I use a KBM and controller in games and I have not noticed More accuracy in ether one. the one thing I do notice Is comfort of chilling with my xbox controller in games. I hope this helps you don't listen to these nerds/haters/trolls, not one of them can give you any solid scientific evidence that a KBM is more accurate or better in games then a controller regards.

Bobby
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
THQ_DxDiag

THQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac dlark View Post

CAN I USE A XBOX 360 CONTORLLER ON HOMEFRONT IM AM REALLY CONFUSED
when i plug it in and turn it on all i can do is move around and look around cant map the buttons of the controller at all its not that i dont want to use a keybord and mouse its just in my curtant set up is hard to play with the keybord and mouse AND i would like to use it for the helecopters i just cannout use a keybord and mouse for them i fly everywhere cant aim and then crash into the cround please i've spent 4 HOURS! looking around google to try and find a answer posted on a lot of forums and this is the last place i can put it has anyone got an answer! can i use my xbox 360 controller on homefront?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Yes, a X360 controller works with the game. Please make sure you plug the controller in before launching the game and double check that windows recognizes the controller with the appropriate drivers. Then launch the game and it should auto recognize your 360 controller.
THQ_DxDiag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
isaac dlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy1007 View Post
There is a checkbox in the controls menu called "Use Gamepad" or something similar. The buttons should be mapped by default.
i did that but it still doesnt work
Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
G_F=DM=

Try the controller on your XboX ??
G_F=DM= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
isaac dlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_F=DM= View Post
Try the controller on your XboX ??
yes it works on the xbox becuase i swich them back and thorth and i know its working on the computer cus i use it on cod bops and just cause 2 im really confused why i cant do anything but move and look around i've ticked the gamepad setting on the options and it still doesnt work does anyone know why?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
isaac dlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyGuns View Post
isaac dlark

The controller works great. You don't get the xbox buttons layout but you get rumble and all the goodies. Make sure you add the check in gampade box under controllers. I use a KBM and controller in games and I have not noticed More accuracy in ether one. the one thing I do notice Is comfort of chilling with my xbox controller in games. I hope this helps you don't listen to these nerds/haters/trolls, not one of them can give you any solid scientific evidence that a KBM is more accurate or better in games then a controller regards.

Bobby
thanks i'll try that i chose the xbox controller becuase i feel confutable with it and i know most of the controls for the games i use in the furture i will buy a better controller! anyway hater/trolls are stupid in some regards anyway i dont listen to them thanks for the help bobby! (this is what i LOVE about the pc comuaty (sorry my english is abit rubbish hope you know what i mean)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
DeadMac

just tried mine and it worked fine and i came 4th with 2300 points hehe xbox360 gamer ftw lol it be nice if homefront devs would show a icon if you use the pad so it makes these so called pc gamers cry when they are dead but i probley wont us eit again it was hell lol just tweak you mouse control sens bars so you dont aim the chopper down or driver into walls is best

but make sure you plug the xbox pad in first and wait till it says does that stupid windows bong before starting the game up
DeadMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront