Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Aghnim

360-controller keeps disconnecting!

I decided to play this game using a 360-controller as this is a console-port after all, but to my surprise the controls are totally broken! The first time I started playing all of the buttons worked and I could walk, jump, hit etc normally, but whenever I damaged an enemy or took damage myself the game would say that it lost the connection to my controller, even though every other program are still able to read from the controller.

The second time I tried starting the game, after exiting the menu, the game just refused to react to any other controller input that pressing the start button! Also, the game kept telling me I had disconnected my controller every time I took damage, only to instantly recognize my controller again after pausing the game.

So I tried installing one of those 360-controller emulators and now I seem to only get the first of the 2 bugs. I am able to control my character normally, unless I decide to damage an enemy or get damaged myself.

I've also tried disconnecting my keyboard, mouse and logitech microphone, but to no avail.

What else is there for me to do other than waiting for a patch (yeah right) or try to get my money back for purchasing a game that doesn't work properly?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Aghnim

PROBLEM RESOLVED:

After reading http://boards.ign.com/xbox_360_lobby.../181656898/p1/ I realized that taking/dealing damage wasn't what was causing my controller to DC, but rather the fact that it is supposed to rumble.

After disabling the rumble feature, the game now works correctly as long as I use a 360-controller emulator with my original 360-controller

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders