Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Russboy

Batman Sale

Just purchased Batman AA in the sale and the activation key dosen't work!!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
paratech2008

I'd contact support, I'm sure this can be fixed.
But to be safe, check the code and make sure you didn't enter it in wrong.
Its easy to mistake a letter for a number, etc.
paratech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
It doesn't work?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Russboy

Thats right i've just looked at the batman AA section apparently this has been happening for ages so I would appreciate some help I might have got this game cheap but Im entitled to have it working! where do I go to speak to someone who can sort this out?
Russboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
serieus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russboy View Post
Thats right i've just looked at the batman AA section apparently this has been happening for ages so I would appreciate some help I might have got this game cheap but Im entitled to have it working! where do I go to speak to someone who can sort this out?
First off, slow down a bit, you'll get what you purchased. No need to get angry over spilled milk, right? As far as I'm concerned there have always been issues with GFWL if that's where the problem lies. Since the Steam portion of it I'm sure works well since if you bought on Steam then there's no need to enter any activation codes to download/install and start the game. As for GFWL, there's been lots of issues with that and some people say that you should manually turn on GFWL, if you don't have it, then install that client. You can find it here,
gamesforwindows.com . Also, I've heard that starting the game from the actual exe file can help too.

Oh yea, and paratech already answered your question too, contact support. It may take 24-48hrs to get a response, but they'll get to you. No worries.
serieus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
What is the error message? Saying "it doesn't work" does not get us any closer to a resolution.

Also, what have you tried?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Russboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serieus1 View Post
First off, slow down a bit, you'll get what you purchased. No need to get angry over spilled milk, right? As far as I'm concerned there have always been issues with GFWL if that's where the problem lies. Since the Steam portion of it I'm sure works well since if you bought on Steam then there's no need to enter any activation codes to download/install and start the game. As for GFWL, there's been lots of issues with that and some people say that you should manually turn on GFWL, if you don't have it, then install that client. You can find it here,
gamesforwindows.com . Also, I've heard that starting the game from the actual exe file can help too.

Oh yea, and paratech already answered your question too, contact support. It may take 24-48hrs to get a response, but they'll get to you. No worries.
Being spoken to like Im five years old is what Ive come to expect on these forums, Im not angry sunshine iv'e paid for this game and I expect it to work straight away like steam expects to get its money straight away. I dont know what they put in your tea on here but everytime I see a post on this site that has a go at steam that person is jumped all over. Ive played and forgotten more games than you could name so step off talking to me like im . I have owned this game previously and own plenty of GFWL games and have never had a problem with any of them (until now).

As for it not being steams fault IT IS, I have started the game and am presented with an activation screen which has nothing to do with GFWL it is some poxy online security check which I should not have to go through as I have bought the game through an online company. So "as far as your concerned" get your facts right before you start telling me how you assume it must be.

Last edited by Russboy: 03-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
paratech2008

The thing is Valve/Steam will fix it.
I understand wanting to play a game you just purchased. I understand being angry it has bugs. But the best thing to do is contact support and try to be patient. It will get resolved.
paratech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
serieus1

Quote:
Being spoken to like Im five years old is what Ive come to expect on these forums, Im not angry sunshine iv'e paid for this game and I expect it to work straight away like steam expects to get its money straight away. I dont know what they put in your tea on here but everytime I see a post on this site that has a go at steam that person is jumped all over. Ive played and forgotten more games than you could name so step off talking to me like im . I have owned this game previously and own plenty of GFWL games and have never had a problem with any of them (until now).

As for it not being steams fault IT IS, I have started the game and am presented with an activation screen which has nothing to do with GFWL it is some poxy online security check which I should not have to go through as I have bought the game through an online company. So "as far as your concerned" get your facts right before you start telling me how you assume it must be.
We've been taught well in this world: Money makes the world go round. Next time why don't you try running the show and witness the fact that issues do happen and that most are taken care of ASAP. That's how business works, nothing is perfect, but those with money who spend it seem to expect perfection in an imperfect world. So really, drink this great tea with me and eventually you'll be playing your game and having a blast.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
Russboy

You understand the concept of taking something out of context, good for you, what do you work for the Sun newspaper or something?

If anyones looking for a row it's you old son.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
serieus1

Quote:
You understand the concept of taking something out of context, good for you, what do you work for the Sun newspaper or something?

If anyones looking for a row it's you old son.
Row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily merrily your game is but a dream.

Chill out man, it's not worth the effort. Have fun, don't be mad. Play a different game till they fix the problem.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
CTRL ALT DEL !

Perhaps you should contact support, they are the only ones that can deal with account specific information. (you must create a seperate account for support) click the support link above.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
Russboy

Ignore the above post, I was refering to that idiots post but it looks like its been removed. Im not expecting perfection it would be nice if something just worked out of the box properly for a change.

Theres been so many games that have come out recently that are full of problems Im just a bit fed up with the whole scene lately.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Russboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
Perhaps you should contact support, they are the only ones that can deal with account specific information. (you must create a seperate account for support) click the support link above.
Yea Iv'e contacted them now just awaiting their response.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
puffader

Don't know if this will help but alot of times the B's and 8's look simular, that was the problem Iwas having...Sunshine
puffader is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion