Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum

Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
AntonWestbergh

Coffee Stain Studios
Lightbulb Ideas Thread

If you have any ideas to what you would like to see in Sanctum in the coming future, please post them here!

Last edited by AntonWestbergh: 09-12-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
oliathsg

Will there be some sort of server browser in the finished game or a way to join random games?

Currently the only way is to join a friend.

I like to play games with strangers too. Thanks
oliathsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
H4uZ

Yeah, a server browser seems to be the most urgent thing, plus it will be a necessity sooner or later if the game gets support for more than 2-player multiplayer.
Other than that and the usual increase in content we all want (more enemies, more towers, more maps, etc) I would personaly be very pleased to see some PvP action in the game (that would sure increase the play time of the game, and who knows, maybe build a large comunity arround competitive Sanctum?).
Keep up the good work, fine sir.
H4uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Dothackking

Allow more than two people co-op

Change co-op difficulty (allow a difficulty voting/selection)
Dothackking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Psitaylor

Matchmaking, Voip ingame, Have a poll where users can vote for their most wanted features, allow us to buy 4 packs of the game (even though it doesn`t have 4 player coop yet), allow user imported music in the game.
Psitaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
justinms66

It would be great if you could pair up with anyone looking to play coop instead of just people on your steam friends list. Even if you don't put in a server browser, how about an in-game chat room (or something similar) where people can say like "join me at 1.2.3.4:7777"

so that you can play with random people as well
justinms66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Psitaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinms66 View Post
It would be great if you could pair up with anyone looking to play coop instead of just people on your steam friends list. Even if you don't put in a server browser, how about an in-game chat room (or something similar) where people can say like "join me at 1.2.3.4:7777"

Yeah a lobby like this would be awesome, would be radical with different chat rooms too.
Psitaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
M4nkoRid3r

Few suggestions
  • Movement speed much quicker (and perhaps a double/triple jump) in build phase only.
  • A 'Sell All Blocks' option.
  • The ability to plan a layout within tab overview. Panels would then show 1D icons with abbreviations in build mode.

You have a pretty solid game if I suggest very little ;D
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
awesome_ninjaa

Banned
All right, here's my entry:
  • Different difficulty modes
  • Different gameplay modes (that means for example, having a Chaos gamemode, where they would be 3 times more enemies, etc)
  • 3+ player coop (pleeeeease =)
  • Ingame chat (IMO it's a must have when playing with strangers!)

Thank's all I can think of right now
awesome_ninjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
justinms66

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
...The ability to plan a layout within tab overview. Panels would then show 1D icons with abbreviations in build mode.
This is a REALLY good idea, i would love to see this implemented.
justinms66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
FrontlinerDelta

While I haven't played it yet I think a PvP mode would be awesome with the alien team being able to use resources to plan waves and then having a few creatures to pick from to use against the defending players and inhibit their ability to defend their core.

Just a thought. L4D2 versus mode and its asymmetrical gameplay is what made me play it for over 400 hours. I could see this game easily doing the same if there are two sides to mix it up with.
FrontlinerDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #12
AntonWestbergh

Coffee Stain Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliathsg View Post
Will there be some sort of server browser in the finished game or a way to join random games?

Currently the only way is to join a friend.

I like to play games with strangers too. Thanks
We are currently working on the best way to join strangers. Like a quick-match option or server browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinms66 View Post

You can join the the chat room in the community->group chat if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nkoRid3r View Post
Few suggestions

The ability to plan a layout within tab overview. Panels would then show 1D icons with

You have a pretty solid game if I suggest very little ;D
Thank you! We will look into the overview suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome_ninjaa View Post
All right, here's my entry:
  • Different difficulty modes
  • Different gameplay modes (that means for example, having a Chaos gamemode, where they would be 3 times more enemies, etc)
  • 3+ player coop (pleeeeease =)
  • Ingame chat (IMO it's a must have when playing with strangers!)

Thank's all I can think of right now
We do have an ingame chat. Hit 'T' and start chatting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontlinerDelta View Post
While I haven't played it yet I think a PvP mode would be awesome with the alien team being able to use resources to plan waves and then having a few creatures to pick from to use against the defending players and inhibit their ability to defend their core.

Just a thought. L4D2 versus mode and its asymmetrical gameplay is what made me play it for over 400 hours. I could see this game easily doing the same if there are two sides to mix it up with.
yup, that would be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4uZ View Post
Yeah, a server browser seems to be the most urgent thing, plus it will be a necessity sooner or later if the game gets support for more than 2-player multiplayer.
Other than that and the usual increase in content we all want (more enemies, more towers, more maps, etc) I would personaly be very pleased to see some PvP action in the game (that would sure increase the play time of the game, and who knows, maybe build a large comunity arround competitive Sanctum?).
Keep up the good work, fine sir.
We are working on more content right now
AntonWestbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #13
serpent666

- UnrealED support, im itching to make some maps for this game

- More Options for setting up a multiplayer server such as difficulty, perhaps speed of monsters/extra cash etc

- More FPS weapons, landmines would be cool to place down

- Aura's, in most Tower Defences you can put down Aura towers that give the surrounding towers a boost of damage or speed, but instead of wasting a tower block, Auras should be bought and applied to the player giving any tower they are near, that extra boost

- Bonus Rounds!, if players are close to loosing there could be a bonus round where enemies just spawn but dont go towards damaging the core, giving them an extra bit of cash

- Being able to jump in a turret and focus fire on an enemy could prove very usefull if implimented right

Thats all i can really think of at the moment
serpent666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #14
H4uZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent666 View Post
- UnrealED support, im itching to make some maps for this game

- More Options for setting up a multiplayer server such as difficulty, perhaps speed of monsters/extra cash etc

- More FPS weapons, landmines would be cool to place down

- Aura's, in most Tower Defences you can put down Aura towers that give the surrounding towers a boost of damage or speed, but instead of wasting a tower block, Auras should be bought and applied to the player giving any tower they are near, that extra boost

- Bonus Rounds!, if players are close to loosing there could be a bonus round where enemies just spawn but dont go towards damaging the core, giving them an extra bit of cash

- Being able to jump in a turret and focus fire on an enemy could prove very usefull if implimented right

Thats all i can really think of at the moment
Loved the traps/land mines idea and the aura's. Maybe a weapon that made your towers attack your target would be nice. And the editor looks like a great idea, having a editor is a costless option to get alot of content to the game with little effort, freeing the devs to work on core changes, plus, it also gathers the community further together!
H4uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #15
Knivy

-The option to increase/lower mouse sensitivity. (Or did I just miss that somewhere on the menus?)

-I support the plan a layout with the tab overview suggestion.

-Be able to run or move faster during the building phase (or the double/triple jump someone suggested).

-I think the left menu in building phase should become transparent or hide after a few secs of staying on the same option (of course, reappearing if you move the scrollwheel), it gets in the way at times, most noticeable when you're only placing blocks.
Knivy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum