Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ion Assault

Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Meowww

I hit a new Survival record, but...

...I see that there is a problem with the leaderboard. Some guy named "IronD1ck" somehow copied my previous high score of 17,385,300.

I think I'll give it a rest now. 22 Million is enough, I think

I wish there was some more variety in survival mode.

To the creators, here are some suggestions:

1. Getting an extra weapon/powerup every million points would be nice.

2. Fighting a boss after 2 million points would add difficulty. If the boss would be defeated, extra life + powerup.

3. Add different levels. A square gets boring after a while. A triangle and circle would be a fun addition!

These could be part of a DLC pack.

(Oh, and bouncing off the walls has killed me more than saved me... )

Ok bye.

Edit: I see that IronD1ck played Ion Assault a total of 2.9 hours within the past two weeks; and he somehow appears on the leaderboard with 17 Million right after I get a new high score? Mmm... I think not. Not without cheats, anyway.

Last edited by Meowww: 03-26-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
COREPLAY

COREPLAY
Don't worry, we take care of incorrect scores.

Btw, how long have you played to get the 22 mio ?
COREPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Meowww

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREPLAY View Post
Don't worry, we take care of incorrect scores.

Btw, how long have you played to get the 22 mio ?
That's good to hear.

I bought Ion Assault in December.

If you mean how long it took me to get the 22 Million in one sitting, then I'm not sure. I didn't look at the clock, but it felt like 1/2 hour? Probably longer. It's hard to tell, since I restart the game a few times because of early deaths.

I stopped playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 a while ago, but still play this. I bought a bunch of games during the steam holiday sale, and only come back to this one.

Any plans for DLC?
Meowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Meowww

Actually, it's definitely longer than 1/2 hour. I just played a little, and it took me at least 20 min to get 5.6 million points.

It's probably closer to an hour for 22 million, depending on how long I can keep the chains going. That's really the deciding factor.

Sometimes there are a lot of red and blue ships on the screen at once, and combined with the long fast snakes... 1 life gone, chain broken.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Lavatein

Chains? As in the 5x multiplier? I was under the impression that was pretty much a non-factor in survival mode, as it only applies upon score upload and that only happens when the multiplier is broken. After about a minute of play I struggle to get any uploads other than 5x as there are usually so many points items flying around.
Lavatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Meowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavatein View Post
Chains? As in the 5x multiplier? I was under the impression that was pretty much a non-factor in survival mode, as it only applies upon score upload and that only happens when the multiplier is broken. After about a minute of play I struggle to get any uploads other than 5x as there are usually so many points items flying around.

Yes, one of the things I was referring to was the multiplier. It's a very big factor for me. If you don't collect the points slowly, then the chain is broken, and you have to start all over again.

After picking up a point item, there is a small bar above the ship that gets smaller and smaller, until it finally disappears if you don't pick up another point item within that time.

If you only keep the chain going until 25000 points, then you get 5x 25000 = 125k points. Then you have to start from zero again. While you may not lose too many points this way (you just have to build up to 5x again), it does give you an incentive to stay alive longer.

The other thing is the 3x point item. Chaining that helps in gaining points much quicker. For example, kill 2 small enemies and then quickly kill a large snake, blue ship, etc. Many 3x point items are gained that way.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Meowww

On a separate note, it looks like the leaderboards were hacked yet again. I mentioned that I reached 5.6 million points on my last attempt. "IronD1ck" appeared back on the leaderboards with 5,744,000 points right after. It seems that he takes a recent high score, adds a few points, and claims it as their own. Sneaky. (And pathetic).

"IronD1ck" has changed his name to "FirePopol."

Also, if you click on "Firepopol's" name when viewing the leaderboards, and then click leaderboards when viewing his stats page, you will see two accounts. The other is "As$Warrior" and has a score of 3,776,000. Previously, the name on that account was "Diamondc.ck", also with the same score. If you go to "As$Warrior's" profile page, you will see that the name is actually "UltimateFu..ingNoob." Both accounts changed their similar names at the same time, so it looks like both accounts are linked.

I suspect that "As$Warrior", aka "UltimateFu..ingNoob", is the base account, since it has a profile page with lots of friends. The leaderboard score hasn't changed either. "Firepopol's" profile page is blank, which means it's probably only used for testing hacks. I am not sure, of course. But it warrants attention. Same goes for "Zgeguicheman." All three appear to be playing L4D2 at the moment, but only one, "UltimateFu..ingNoob", has a profile. I think it's just one linked account.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ion Assault