Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
RJayW

Crysis 2 Configurator Program v5.1 - Full Game Version - 40 CVars

Crysis 2 Full Game Configurator Version 5.2

This program is to be used with the Crysis 2 it allows you to configure settings that are not in the in game menus.

I have been writing this program and releasing versions throughout the demo...

Versions 1 – 4 (demo versions) have in total now had around 20,000 downloads!!!!

Thanks to everyone that is supporting the tool. I will continue to support the tool as much as I can.

Please read the changelog, How to and FAQ below before using the tool or asking questions.

Found a bug or want to suggest something? Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/rjay_w

Version 5.1 introduces latest version checking - it will connect to our website and tell you if there is a new version out.

================================================== ========

Download:

http://rush-zone.com/downloads/gamin...2/details.html

================================================== ========
Changelogs:
v5.2
- Updated due to Crytek updating the cvars....
- Cvars now seem to work properly in MP
- Fov is limited to 80 now
- Will update the program to run on my improved config brink code base possibly at a later date

v5.1
- Enable disable checkboxes bug fixed
- Fov moved to graphics tab to create more space for levels
- HDR Level added
- Bloom Level added
- SSAO added
- Post MSAA added
- Version checker - the program will check for a new version when loaded, it will connect to our website and check the version number against the latest version, if a newer version is avaliable it will ask you if you want to be taken to the download page, if you click yes then it will take you to the page in your default browser.

v5:
- Program updated for the full version of the game - it will overwrite or create an autoexec.cfg in the games root folder with all the settings in
- You do not have to launch the game through the program each time due to the autoexec.cfg created
- New Tab added - Graphics and Adv Graphics, Graphics sets up the basic settings and then adv graphics allows you to tweak specific settings
- Debug Mode now redundant but currently left in the program, will possibly be removed in future, if you turn debug mode on then the settings you add are not saved to the autoexec.cfg

v4:
- The core program code has been totally re written to be more flexible and easier for me to maintain.
- Profile that is saved has been re modelled - v3 profile is not compatible with v4.
- Enable buttons have been put next to each setting; you must check the ones you want to turn on and then select the value.
- Debug Mode added – this is for advanced users – Use at your own risk! – It won’t do any harm to the game but I suggest if you don’t know about console commands then don’t use it! It enables you to add in your own settings to the launch sequence. If you want to add your own settings then I would suggest you enable all of my settings first and then enable debug mode, this will allow you to then save the full debug mode settings and be able to edit, add your own, save + apply and then launch the game.
- GUI has been moved around, locked down and re-styled slightly
- Bug Fixed from v3 - Set path forces you to set the Crysis 2 exe rather than any random file.
- Default settings changed – everything is in the 0 state to start and mouse sensitivity has been increased and FOV reduced slightly.
- Mouse smoothing option added
- Mouse invert option added
- VSync option added

v3:
- Game can now be launched from the program, once settings have been chosen and saved you can click Launch Game and the game will load - .bat script no longer used - this will fix peoples issues
-When you click Save Config your config will be saved and when you re load the program to launch the game again it will automatically load back in - this allows you to quickly tweak settings. Make sure that when you change settings you click Save before launch game, or the settings will not be applied
-Full screen/window mode added to misc set Full Screen to 0 for window mode

v2:
Layout:
-Tabbing added
-Simpler instructions added
-Logo added
-Separated buttons out – first find the Crysis2Demo.exe and then write the config
Controls:
-Mouse Sensitivity can be enabled or disabled. Un checking the box means that the previous/ ingame value will be used.
Graphics:
-Bloom/HDR option added – multiple variables set that makes the game less shiny
-Motion Blur – now seems to disable
-Multi GPU option added – if you have more than 1 GPU set to 1
-Multi Core CPU option added – if you have a multi core processor set to 1
-FSAA - Full Screen Anti-Aliasing option added
-UseEdgeAA - controls the level of edge blurring set to 0 for least
-Anisotropy Filtering option added
-TextureFilter option added – set to bilinear for least
-Shadows option added – 0 turns them off
Sound:
-Enemy Player Hit Feedback option added – should makes a thud noise when you hit a player with bullets

Last edited by RJayW: 06-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Aemony

Nice, thanks. But can you add the three presets (Gamer/Advanced/Hardcore) to the application as well? Breaking them down into each individual setting will allow me to make much easier choices of finding a great balance inbetween Advanced and Hardcore.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
RJayW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemony View Post
Nice, thanks. But can you add the three presets (Gamer/Advanced/Hardcore) to the application as well? Breaking them down into each individual setting will allow me to make much easier choices of finding a great balance between Advanced and Hardcore.
I'm already looking into doing presets as i type

I expect to have some for the next version
RJayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
DEATHxxHIPPIE

Definitely worth a download if it matters to you how your game runs!
DEATHxxHIPPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
rushzone

Really nice tool, have used all version from version 1,Keep up the good work.
rushzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Biskwietje

Silly problem. Apparently the flickering-screen-remedy(ATI Crossfire setup) was to change the crysis2.exe's name to bioshock.exe. Flickering is completely GONE now!? Next, the cfg-tool is asking for a crysis.exe :O :O

Guess I have to wait for a Crytek patch first after all.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
rushzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskwietje View Post
Silly problem. Apparently the flickering-screen-remedy(ATI Crossfire setup) was to change the crysis2.exe's name to bioshock.exe. Flickering is completely GONE now!? Next, the patch is asking for a crysis.exe :O :O

Guess I have to wait for a Crytek patch after all.
Don't you just love developers that don't optimize their game for new hardware.
rushzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
dpeters911

Needs a sticky.

Mods? Bueller? Anyone?

You'd get +rep if you did.
dpeters911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
JK_DC

Build the cvar unpacker into it and you have a winner. Then you can adjust about 300 cvars.
JK_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
aforumtotalkon1

Nice one.
aforumtotalkon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Brandon Spikes

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushzone View Post
Don't you just love developers that don't optimize their game for new hardware.
Thats a driver issue.
Brandon Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
Rhymenoceros

thanks alot for this. does it affect multiplayer at all yet?
Rhymenoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
humanrobot

Hmm i believe this programs works pretty well. I have been playing mutliplayer getting somewhere around 50-60 fps, and now after using this program im getting like 70-100. The blur is also cleaned up quite a bit now and the game is much more enjoyable. I thank you very much for putting this out.

PC Specs if anyone cares
AMD 965 at 3.7GHZ
ATI 5850 825/1150
3GB DDR3 1600
Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
W@rrior

I still see bugs in this game compared to Wasdie's config also.

If you have Motion Blur it acts weird and even if you had AA on. There is some weird thing going on with the sky when you slide? Even if you have BLUR and MOTION Blur off CRYSIS 2 feels like a PC game BUT.. there is a bug when you aim and someone shoots you and you pull out of ADS i see a IRON SIGHT picture there and then it fades away. I wonder what causes that.

If anyone here irons out the bugs or know a better setting let me know. Cryengine 3 is coded strangely different than Crysis 1. I can tell it's hard to make it work perfect. Takes time i guess. I think the game doesn't like HIGH over process settings cuz it's not made to max? I dunno or it could be a dx9 thing. Til then please everyone post your results and what settings did you use and what specs you running. Be nice to find a sweet spot for each other without BUGS.
W@rrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
W@rrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanrobot View Post
Hmm i believe this programs works pretty well. I have been playing mutliplayer getting somewhere around 50-60 fps, and now after using this program im getting like 70-100. The blur is also cleaned up quite a bit now and the game is much more enjoyable. I thank you very much for putting this out.

PC Specs if anyone cares
AMD 965 at 3.7GHZ
ATI 5850 825/1150
3GB DDR3 1600
You do know the config doesn't work for MP?

For some reason i think the auto config is BLOCKED from MP. I think there is a reason to balance the game. YET you can change FOV which is good but you cannot disable bloom grr.

Oh hey RAY please add in the next version HDR and BLOOM settings. It helps too i guess. Like levels. 0.1 to 0.7 something for each settings like his for example. Here's a picture.

I am currently testing your config and his. I like yours but i also like his. Both seem to have the SAME bug which is weird.

The sky acts up when you slide and especially aiming iron sights. Hard to explain but i will take a screenshot next time.http://img848.imageshack.us/i/settingsd.jpg/

Maybe you and him can work together 2 seperate configs and have feedback?
W@rrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series