Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dreamcast Collection

Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
dbl4k

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Apologies if this has been posted before, but the config util doesn't seem to be picking up the usb wired Xbox 360 Controller.

Anyone know a workaround for this?

Was quite looking forward to doing some extreme bass fishing ;D

Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
McChadworth

That is unfortunate since I have a 360 controller as well.

What I use to get around this is a key editor that lets your controller act as the keyboard and mouse. I personally use Pinnacle Profiler, but there are other like XPadder, and Joy2Key (I have heard it is out of date and not user friendly though.)

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
http://www.xpadder.com/

I was skeptical at first about spending money on a program to do this, but I cannot tell you the number of times it has been extremely useful to play a game the way I want to.

Speaking about pinnacle, they have many presets to download for many popular games that lack controller support. Games that lack presets are easy enough to create your own profile for, and they all open automatically when you start the game.

**EDIT**
The more I read on the forum, it seems like the 360 pad should be 100% compatible with the dreamcast games. Maybe you need to update your drivers for the pad, or you have another H.I.D. (human interface device) installed that is conflicting with using it. I have had this happen from the use of my n52te speed pad, and have heard of others having trouble with some of the logitech keyboards. You can go into windows control panel to check inside the gamepad section to see if another device is listed before the 360. If it is change their order. If this is not a problem, go to the device manager in the control panel and go to human interface devices and turn off non important ones one at a time and testing if it works. Leave important things on like the keyboard and mouse so you can still click around. If it finally works, you have found the problem.

Last edited by McChadworth: 03-30-2011 at 12:29 PM.
McChadworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
dbl4k

That was an extremely helpful post! Thankyou
Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
TrenchFeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl4k View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before, but the config util doesn't seem to be picking up the usb wired Xbox 360 Controller.

Anyone know a workaround for this?

Was quite looking forward to doing some extreme bass fishing ;D
I was freaking out about this too.

But then i just started the game and the controller worked fine. You shouldnt have to configure anything just start the game adn it should work
TrenchFeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
Necromas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenchFeeder View Post
I was freaking out about this too.

But then i just started the game and the controller worked fine. You shouldnt have to configure anything just start the game adn it should work
I've only got Space Channel 5 p2 right now but ya the controller works fine with it even though the config utility doesn't detect it. Just A for chu and B for hey. Took me a while though to figure out A was also woof because I just assumed they weren't the same button. That cost me a few loses.
Necromas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
Zedo Mann

Xbox 360 controller works fine with Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure DX.
Zedo Mann is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dreamcast Collection