Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series

Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
mmdore

Possible fix for the mp crash/freeze due to pb and realtek

OK people heres a fix that worked for me, go to your playback devices and disable the high definition audio (speakers), and use headphones or other speakers, ive been trying to find a mp game 2 hours without a freeze(da** u port 1000), hope this helps and unfortunately i doubt there ll be a patch for that since thats not ubi problem but realtek and pb.

BTW when you plug whatever your gonna use on the headphone jack make sure to set it as default on the playback devices if you dont have sound, also usb headphones and speakers work too i tried with logitech g930

http://tinypic.com/r/eh10kx/7 ahould look like this

Last edited by mmdore: 03-29-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Julveyo

Awesome solution.
You saying to fix Realtek + PB issue we need to disable our sound. Really cool to play mp games without a sound.
You are able to listen your sound in headphones, coz G930 have a buildin soundcard.
Julveyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
mmdore

read carefully sir, i tried with headphones, external speakers and at last the g930(separately) they all worked with the high def audio disabled on playback devices, when you plug somehting in the headphone jack it ll show up there, at least for me.

http://tinypic.com/r/eh10kx/7 like this (the enabled one as default says headphones but its actually external speakers, theyre crap but it works sound everything, cant use the g930 too much or I dont hear kids talking or phone calls etc.)

Last edited by mmdore: 03-29-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added image
mmdore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Julveyo

Your ability to see extra devices due 1 correct and 1 incorret (default) installation of G930. Thats it.
Other kids, with only one Sound Card on board will be ale to see only 1 Speakers and 1 Digital Audio (S/PDIF). Disabling one of them means disable the only one sound card. No matter what you will plug or jackin with no USB-build-in-sound-card it will not create a new sound card from the void.
Julveyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
mmdore

if you disable the driver you wont see other options but if you only disable the speakers in playback devices you do well ill do some testing on another computer without g930 installed before arguing on something im not sure about thnx for the observation
mmdore is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series