Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
pappaskurtz

Lightbulb PappasKurtz's Custom Model Repository

I have been working with custom models for L4D2 for a while now and figured I'd go ahead and release what I've completed so far. I have made some primarily for my story, but thanks to MkTbKz I've been able to extend my ambitious plans to the original L4D survivors.

I plan on making at least one new custom model for each of the L4D1 and L4D2 survivors and will post them here. Stay tuned...

Original survivors

MELEE-FIX PACK

A simple pack that I'm hoping will be superceded by a future Valve update, this pack adds melee attachments to the L4D1 survivors, a pistol attachment for Zoey, and incap animation for the L4D1 male survivors in solo/offline play.

DOWNLOAD: (as a pack) l4dmaps.com OR (as separate VPKs) gamebanana.com

Francis

Louis
Bill
Zoey
  • Courtesan Halloween was always her favorite holiday. My first public model made from scratch, this features Zoey in a "courtesan" costume based on the courtesan multiplayer character from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Front Side view Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: Gamebanana l4dmaps.com

L4D2 Survivors

ALTERNATE REALITY SURVIVOR PACK

Meet your new professional zombie killers. This pack features Executive-Producer Rochelle, SWAT Coach, Mad-Max Ellis, and Inmate Nick. Get it as a pack at l4dmaps.com

Included and links to individual models:
  • Executive-Producer Meet your new professional zombie-killer. Based off Sheva "business" from Resident Evil 5, this features Rochelle dressed in a business suit. (Special thanks to MkTbKz) Front - Back - Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com

• Mad-Max armor Ellis has been known to raid more than just junkyards... Inspired by Mad Max, this model swaps out Ellis' overalls for something a little more...exotic. Based off Chris "warrior" from Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3 Raider armor. (Special thanks to MkTbKz for this model.) Front - Comparison - Misc. - First-person perspective

• SWAT Armor Coach finally gets his armor... This model has Coach in a SWAT uniform based off one of the available outfits for Chuck in Dead Rising 2. Front - Back - Boomed - Misc.

• Inmate Nick Nick's past has caught up to him. This model has Nick dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit based on the Dead Rising 2 costume for Chuck. Front - Back - Comparison
    DOWNLOAD (now without the checkerboard): l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com NEW VERSION: gamebanana

UNCOMMON SURVIVOR PACK

The gang try blending in with the locals. This pack includes Mudwoman Rochelle, Hard-Hat Ellis, Jimmy-Gibbs Nick, and Formal Coach. Get it as a pack at l4dmaps.com.

Included and links to individual models:
  • Formal Coach Sometimes things are just black and white. Coach sports some formal wear with this model based off the wedding uncommon infected from The Passing. Front Back Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com gamebanana

• Mudwoman Rochelle Rochelle tries a less urbane spa treatment... This features Rochelle in a more liberal outfit based on the mud men uncommon infected from Swamp Fever. It also features a slightly different hairstyle for her, a compromise between her current look and her beta hairstyle. Front Side view Back Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com Gamebanana

• Hard-Hat Ellis The road calls to Ellis in more ways than one... This features Ellis in an outfit based on the road-worker uncommon infected from Hard Rain. This model also swaps his trusty overalls for better fitting jeans. Front Side view Back Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com Gamebanana

• Jimmy-Gibbs Nick Nick is a man of many suits. This model swap's Nick suit for a racer outfit also worn by Jimmy Gibbs, Jr. Front Side Back Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: l4dmaps.com gamebanana

Coach
Nick
Rochelle
Ellis

MISCELLANEOUS MODELS

Weapons

Pardon some of the screenshots; I'm horrible at taking them, but do notice that these are new custom models and not just reskins. They also have working facial animations, tracking eyes, boomer-bile effects, and can properly hold two-handed weapons like fire axes and baseball bats. Except for LODs, I've tried to make sure that these models deliver what you might expect from the original models. (As with Ellis, also notice that I've changed the first-person hands to match the new models.)

I'll update this thread as I create more!

Last edited by pappaskurtz: 03-29-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: new models
Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
amishbass

Hmm.
While I can't say I'm personally in love with the premise of either of these, I can say that they look incredibly well done.

+rep/keep up the good work!
amishbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
ufc

That Ellis model is disturbing.
ufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
junsumoney1@gma

Oh god, Ellis...

*goes to bathroom*
junsumoney1@gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Wikket

I like the overall design for Rochelle, but the pink is a little much.

Ellis is even more adorable.
Wikket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
pappaskurtz

The pink is primarily to make her stand out in a realism-type setting. Ellis is possibly the exception, but bright colors for the survivors? Yes, please.

I'm posting my latest model: Inmate Nick. Nick's past has caught up to him, and it has him dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit based on the Dead Rising 2 costume for Chuck. Front - Back - Comparison

DOWNLOAD: Mediafire - Megaupload

The checkers on his chest, I believe, are because Chuck is a racer. I am very likely going to get rid of them and recolor the shoes a bit at a later time.
pappaskurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Xalphin

Prison jumpsuit looks sweet.
Xalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
081XxhephexX180

Oh snap!! What about a "RoChell"?

Well, I may be asking for the world here but, you know, Chell from Portal as Rochelle? I've always wanted to see her killing zombies.

Btw, Rochelle looks awesome in that suit.
081XxhephexX180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
RugbyOddjob

I liked them all except the Ellis one that makes him look like a reject from a Depeche Mode convention.

Mad Max? More like "Blue Oyster Club Rent-Boy"

+rep for the hard work
RugbyOddjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
pappaskurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 081XxhephexX180 View Post
Oh snap!! What about a "RoChell"?

Well, I may be asking for the world here but, you know, Chell from Portal as Rochelle? I've always wanted to see her killing zombies.

Btw, Rochelle looks awesome in that suit.
Hah, I was actually going to do a costume like that for Zoey... Not replace Zoey with Chell, but her outfit.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
sweet_lime49

You should upload that other ellis, the one with the jew fro (Not offensive) and such. He looks identical to my friend Chris Young. He would love to have that in game.
sweet_lime49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
pappaskurtz

"Other Ellis"--do you mean Andy? From the Last Hunter? I'm not releasing those quite yet. Right now I'm just releasing the ones relating to the original survivors.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
junsumoney1@gma

Make a Hairy Chest Ellis. It's for.. urm... gameplay benefits.
junsumoney1@gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
Tyrant vs Tank

Put coach in his old football gear.

Or a thug look.
Tyrant vs Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
pappaskurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsumoney1@gma View Post
Make a Hairy Chest Ellis. It's for.. urm... gameplay benefits.

I would ask MkTbKz about that; he made the texture, not me. I'm not a very good texture artist (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant vs Tank View Post
Put coach in his old football gear.

Or a thug look.
Hax0r! How do you have access to my personal files?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2