Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 04-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
DionysoZ

TuT: How to change your XBOX-Sensitivity to aim faster with the Controller

(EDIT)TuT: How to change your XBOX-Sensitivity to aim faster with the Controller

Alright, im here to give you a simple tutorial how to change your XBOX 360 Controller Sensitivity on L4D WITHOUT any Hardware-Modding, just with simple console commands like on PC.
Theyre legal so its not a cheat. No sv_cheats or anything needed. No XBOX Modding needed.(Working for L4D2 aswell)

You will only need these 4 Things:

#1: A USB Drive with at least 1GB space, or a USB HDD.

#2: Modio(http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php) -
By the way, you need to have MS .NET Framework 3.5 installed so Modio can run.

#3: Le Fluffie App(http://rapidshare.com/files/38758390...luffie_App.zip)

#4: Notepad to edit the L4D Config file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1:

Put your USB Drive/HDD into you XBOX360 and go to "System Settings, Memory". Klick on Configure now, so it will be configured as a Memory Unit.

Step 2:

Go to System Settings again, to Memory, Games, Left 4 Dead, find die Usersettings File and Move/Copy it to your USB Drive.

Step 3:

Remove the USB Drive and put it into your PC.

Step 4:
Start Modio.
In Modio, klick on "Explore a Device" so the XBOX360 Device Explorer pops up.
Therefore u click on File - Open/Close Device, so it will open your USB Drive and read your XBOX 360 Data.

There you will find some folders:

Content
-E0000....(Depending on your Gamertag)
-45410830(Left 4 Dead Folder)
-00000001(In this folder you will find your needed USERSETTINGS FILE.

Now create a Folder on your Desktop and copy the USERSETTINGS file to this folder by Drag-n-Drop it into it.

Step 5:

Start Le Fluffie

When its asking for an Update, just close the Notification(Updates are not working anymore)
When the LF Windows pops up, klick on File - Open a file(On the left Top Corner)

Choose the Usersettings file wich you copied into the folder on your Desk.

A little Window pops up with Two L4D Gamelogos where you can klick on MAIN - CONTENTS - SECURITY.

Go to contents. There you´ll find 3 files called game_instructor_counts.txt, left4dead_config.cfg and video_config.cfg(PICTURE)

Right-Click on "left4dead_config.cfg " and choose EXTRACT FILE. Extract it to your Desk-Folder with EXACTLY the same filename.

***DONT CLOSE LE FLUFFIE, YOU STILL NEED IT***

Step 6:

Now open NOTEPAD. And open the "left4dead_config.cfg" in it.

Now you see the config(it look exactly the same like on pc, but you´ll see the XBOX Button binds.

On the bottom you´ll find these commands:
joy_pitchsensitivity
joy_yawsensitivity

Usually it should say something like

joy_pitchsensitivity "-3.050000"
joy_yawsensitivity "-3.000000"

depending on your actually speed wich you have chosen in the game(3.05 or 3.5 is the maximum speed you can choose INGAME).

Change that values so they fit for you. I actually play at 7.050000 and 7.000000 wich is VERY fast. Almost like playin with mouse, but you STILL got a Controller anyway.

After you changed the values, just klick on file-save so its saved.

Step 7:

Now you have to go into Le Fluffie again, where you still have the Usersettings file opened.

Now klick on Contents and right klick the "left4dead_config.cfg" again, choose REPLACE FILE, and and choose the "left4dead_config.cfg" you just saved..

Then click on SECURITY. Now click on VERIFY, and after its done, click on FIX.

Now you can close Le Fluffie.

Step 8:

Go to modio, and just drag and drop your USERSETTINGS File into the Folder where the old one is, and replace it with the one you just edited.
After you did, you can close Modio, put the USB Drive into your XBOX. Copy the Save to your XBOX Harddrive.

Start L4D, choose your HDD as the Storage and enjoy the Speed!

*******PS: When In-Game, DO NOT GO TO SETTINGS - CONTROLLER, or it will reset the speed til you start the game again and load the save again.
But You can go to every other Menus like Audio-Settings.

Enjoy your new aiming speed and have fun

Last edited by DionysoZ: 08-01-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
NUMB3RS

great tutorial, been needing this, since my L4D1 sensitivity is perfect, but ive always hated ld42 sensitivity. My joystick has become "loose" over the years and i have to constantly change my sensitivity to fit its wear n; tear (and my brother plays)

oh and also +rep : p

edit: do you know if the cfg's are bindable?

also tori black ftw : p

Last edited by NUMB3RS: 04-18-2011 at 09:20 AM.
NUMB3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
TheDeadKillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMB3RS View Post
great tutorial, been needing this, since my L4D1 sensitivity is perfect, but ive always hated ld42 sensitivity. My joystick has become "loose" over the years and i have to constantly change my sensitivity to fit its wear n; tear (and my brother plays)

oh and also +rep : p

edit: do you know if the cfg's are bindable?

also tori black ftw : p
CFG binds are patched.
TheDeadKillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
DionysoZ

Yeah they´re patched, like everything what need sv_cheats ect....sensitivity is the only thing that still works.

You can still use binds or everything if you clear your XBOX HDD Cache, so the patches are deleted...but then you can not go online on XBL til you downloaded the updates again.

Last edited by DionysoZ: 08-01-2011 at 04:03 AM.
DionysoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Machiavellus

Everything patched disappoints me greatly. Seriously VALVe? By the time I realize that once upon a time kids on xbox could use static red crosshairs, they've been long since patched.

Once upon a time (and now if you play offline without patches) you could easily edit your config much the same as you could for a PC config.

I understand why VALVe would patch some things. But why patch the ability to change crosshairs? Sure that's not how you intended the crosshairs to look in game, but developers rarely intend for much that goes on in a game especially so late into it's lifespan.

I personally hate the shotgun crosshairs and find them to be extremely misleading and distracting. L4D3 needs a crosshair changing option. Bad crosshairs are a buzzkill.
Machiavellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
BROfest

Banned
Is this legal in a cg match?
BROfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
iGluttony x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROfest View Post
Is this legal in a cg match?
I don't see why someone would mind this.

And either way, they can't find out.
iGluttony x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
DionysoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGluttony x View Post
I don't see why someone would mind this.

And either way, they can't find out.
They can if they got a capture card. But no one is complaining about it. The people who dont know how it works, ask me, ill tell them to go to my YT channel, and they use it.

And everyone who know about this because of my tutorial appreciates it and thank me so i dont think theres a problem on CG. Almost everyone who like fast aiming is using it.

The reason i worked on it to figure it out is just this:

THE MAXIMUM SPEED THAT VALVE CODED INTO L4D on XBOX IS JUST FREAKIN HILARIOUS...WAY TOO SLOW.

Oh and btw, i think if there was a problem with it, valve would already have deleted this thread or even ban me

Last edited by DionysoZ: 10-13-2011 at 07:58 AM.
DionysoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Hiroshimus

What's up DionysoZ!
I sent you a message on Youtube asking for your help so I can mod the sensitivity on Left 4 Dead 2 since now this tutorial still works awesome on Left 4 Dead 1 but it's not working on Left 4 Dead 2 anymore!
I'd appreaciate a lot if you could help me out.
Hiroshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
GaryYam

thanks for posting that .
GaryYam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead