Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
ShemWilliams

Shogun 2 Hero System

The Hero System
A new Hero System has been announced, whereupon each faction shall have a Hero that can sway the tide of battle, and are supposedly almost unstoppable. IGN reports that 'hero units are a nearly unstoppable force on the battlefield, capable of holding bridge crossings against entire armies, or smashing through a battle line to engage the enemy general'. Some may think that this seems overpowered; however The Creative Assembly has reported that they are simply 'Highly ranked elite units' and 'available at the top of the tech tree'. Creative Assembly employees have also posted in the official total war forums that they will not be able to take on an entire army. This new system is receiving mixed reactions and mixed reports from IGN and The Creative Assembly

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Shogun_2:_Total_War

where is this in the game?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
twiddle

you have to build the legendary buildings then you can make the legendary elite units make a dojo and its there final upgrade very expensive building
twiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Element UK

I just come across an ITO army with THREE Katana Hero's in it!! They took some stopping that's for sure.
Element UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
ShemWilliams

so let me get this straight the intro we saw in the beginning u can actually have that in game...
ShemWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
blenta

Its not rely anything new, we had that in first shogun game, one man unit, HUGE one man 3 meters tall, armored head to toe, whit a 2 meters long katana, he was red to as i remember it. Could take on a 100 man unit by him self, had a price tag of double a regular unit, and you had to build a sword dojo to last level to be able to recruit him.
blenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Backslider.r2

Yep! It was actually pretty hilarious to set him on a bridge to halt an entire army and just shower the masses he blocked with arrows.
Backslider.r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
blenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslider.r2 View Post
Yep! It was actually pretty hilarious to set him on a bridge to halt an entire army and just shower the masses he blocked with arrows.
Yeah, man the "good old days"
blenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
Validuz

since u can only build one hero per city (one katana/bow/etc) if u upgrade another city with the best archery dojo for example, can you have two of them at once? never tried that :3
Validuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
ShemWilliams

so guys what your trying to say is that... in the beginning intro u can have that in the game...??
ShemWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Validuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShemWilliams View Post
so guys what your trying to say is that... in the beginning intro u can have that in the game...??
of that is what u mean by 'without patching, modding or future addons' yes; if u start ur game right now, u can recruit heroes if u upgrade ur buildings/tech enough:P
Old 04-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
PANTERA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element UK View Post
I just come across an ITO army with THREE Katana Hero's in it!! They took some stopping that's for sure.
I was playing a while back and after I declared war on Ashikaga Shogunate I ran into an army that had 6 Katana heroes and some Yari heroes in it.
PANTERA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Validuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTERA. View Post
I was playing a while back and after I declared war on Ashikaga Shogunate I ran into an army that had 6 Katana heroes and some Yari heroes in it.
Yeah:/ the Shogunate is cheating

xD
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
TotalSponge

basicly yeah u can me and a friend before we fight we have our one hero unit in the army meet in the feild we tunr our monks auto fire off and we let them battle we watch it up close to see the sword play and karate they use pretty awsum
TotalSponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
MrChris

hero units are not unstoppable but dam they are efficient and powerful,

the bow hero, will just annihilate enemies in siege battles as defence, they fire very fast, are very accurate but have low numbers, if they get into melee they are ed mind

katana hero, love these as Shimazu, you can wipe them pretty quick if you focus fire some archers on them (but they will absorb volleys) and their superior ability in hand to hand combat means they can plow through units and kill 100s, but if they get swamped they get destroyed like anyone else

yari hero is pretty much the same but less powerful vs infantry, will utteraly annihilate cav of course but they can certainly hold their ground

I like them a lot because its sort of a unit to have pride in and save for when you really need it, I put a lot of faith into my katana hero for example to get me out of a tight spot

I remember siege battles at Kyoto where my bow heroes would have 300+ kills and katana hero murdering into the 100s as well ha
MrChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2