Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #151
TecnoBacon

Cobblestones!!!

Read thru some stuff and, hey, all kinds of things cause deterioration, change, packpack breakage, arts that will suddenly fly away, so be careful stalkers, things are really tough out there!
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #152
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
Read thru some stuff and, hey, all kinds of things cause deterioration, change, packpack breakage, arts that will suddenly fly away, so be careful stalkers, things are really tough out there!
I don't care about the damn artifacts. I want in the lab. Anyone got any clues?
PenGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #153
KarlMonster

What I've read so far in the NS Guide ("Expanded Guide by Burger") is that the game may actually hold you up if you have not done certain other missions. The intent is to be able to complete many mission threads at the same time.

@ Bacon - no worries. I figured you had plenty to do anyhow. I gave up on the cave, and have been playing NS relatively stress-free!

Last edited by KarlMonster: 05-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.
KarlMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #154
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlMonster View Post
What I've read so far in the NS Guide ("Expanded Guide by Burger") is that the game may actually hold you up if you have not done certain other missions. The intent is to be able to complete many mission threads at the same time.

@ Bacon - no worries. I figured you had plenty to do anyhow. I gave up on the cave, and have been playing NS relatively stress-free!
I have the guide. I don't like reading them much. I prefer to wing it like I was actually there.

I have both keys. The door should open. If there is an unspecified action I have to take it's a bug.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #155
Snork

Some "enemies" are worth talking to. Don't be too quick to shoot. That "red" NPC may offer quests, and a few act as traders.

I think everyone that gets far in the mod has restarted once or twice. From the very start an important quest line is closed if you do not get to a corpse under the road bridge and pick up a PDA. Then there is the issue of important NPC's dying before their job is done. How do you know who is important? The first part of the A185 Guide gives an outline of the important tasks, but tries to minimize spoilers. The Character section of the Guide has small writeups of the most important players.

Dark Valley, first visit:
Spoiler:
Suggest restarting from where you first entered Dark Valley. Take care of the Duty Quests, then come back and heal Mongol, the wounded bandit near the transition to Garbage. This makes you friendly with the local bandits, and you will find they have some jobs for you.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #156
PenGun

I killed all the bandits and freed the prisoner. I got the key from Borov's corpse and the PDA says I am good to go to the Lab.

Changing the game for a mod is fine but it should make sense.

Mongul is dead, I dunno, it's a dangerous place. I helped the Duty guy get his buddy free, killed at least one bandit. Took the mission to free the prisoner so I killed the rest. How can one be friendly to a pile of corpses?

I have a huge pile of PDAs.

Last edited by PenGun: 05-06-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #157
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Some "enemies" are worth talking to. Don't be too quick to shoot. That "red" NPC may offer quests, and a few act as traders.
Then he should be yellow. It's a brutal enough game already. I'm supposed to guess which red guy wants me dead and which wants to trade. Red means hostile.
Quote:
I think everyone that gets far in the mod has restarted once or twice. From the very start an important quest line is closed if you do not get to a corpse under the road bridge and pick up a PDA. Then there is the issue of important NPC's dying before their job is done. How do you know who is important? The first part of the A185 Guide gives an outline of the important tasks, but tries to minimize spoilers. The Character section of the Guide has small writeups of the most important players.

Dark Valley, first visit:
Spoiler:
Suggest restarting from where you first entered Dark Valley. Take care of the Duty Quests, then come back and heal Mongol, the wounded bandit near the transition to Garbage. This makes you friendly with the local bandits, and you will find they have some jobs for you.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #158
KarlMonster

Bug Report

Version of Narodnaya Solyanka, 14.08, Released August 14 2010
As detailed in the start of this thread, Installed "Easy way"

The "Soul Drops" artifact is described incorrectly. The artifact also gives +2 radiation, which is slightly more important than the properties that are actually described.

Actual description

Health +350%
Bleeding +67%
Endurance -16

"... and speeds up radiation reduction..."

However, if you open a shielded artifact container, you see all the artifacts that you are carrying which emit radiation. Among these, you can clearly see that "Soul" says "+2"

I was wondering why my radioactive contamination was decreasing so very slowly. Aaaaaaaaaahhh!

I will submit this report elsewhere, as needed. This just seemed a good starting place until I find the proper recipients.

Edit:

@ Snork - where should bug reports be directed?

Last edited by KarlMonster: 05-08-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #159
PenGun

Quote:
Version of Narodnaya Solyanka, 14.08, Released August 14 2010
As detailed in the start of this thread, Installed "Easy way"

The "Soul Drops" artifact is described incorrectly. The artifact also gives +2 radiation, which is slightly more important than the properties that are actually described.

Actual description

Health +350%
Bleeding +67%
Endurance -16

"... and speeds up radiation reduction..."

However, if you open a shielded artifact container, you see all the artifacts that you are carrying which emit radiation. Among these, you can clearly see that "Soul" says "+2"

I was wondering why my radioactive contamination was decreasing so very slowly. Aaaaaaaaaahhh!

I will submit this report elsewhere, as needed. This just seemed a good starting place until I find the proper recipients.
I use it. The slight radiation is handled by other radiation reducing artifacts and the benefits are pretty good.

There are several with misleading descriptions. I fool with em' till I figure out the effects.

I started Stalker with a Russian version of COP so not really understanding what is going on and dealing with poor and inaccurate translation is normal for me.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #160
TecnoBacon

PDAs and radiated items

PenGun and KarlMonster,
Make sure you do the stuff to get to the bar and get the save prisoner quest before entering DV or several quests will not work properly, should block DV til you get that task (arghhh).

hope you noticed that several items can be irradiated and thus irradiate you by carrying or eating them. bread for example, there is some near the death truck, I didn't figure it out til I was dyin! irradited objects will look oldish in appearance
Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #161
TecnoBacon

[QUOTE=PenGun;22286279]
There are several with misleading descriptions. I fool with em' till I figure out the effects.
QUOTE]

Please, tell me which ones so I can check them in my release!!

ANYTHING now would be super useful in making the game more accurate, THANKS to all.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #162
JBBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
hope you noticed that several items can be irradiated and thus irradiate you by carrying or eating them. bread for example, there is some near the death truck, I didn't figure it out til I was dyin! irradited objects will look oldish in appearance
Is that what it was? I could not figure out what was making me glow- I thought it was a bug and re-started. When it happened again, I thought that storing things in the blue stash in Sidrovich's office was irradiating them. So the blue stash boxes are safe?
JBBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #163
KarlMonster

Bug Report

@ Bacon

Will do. Can you send your email privately to my Steam profile?
I would re-write some of these artifact descriptions myself, but I haven't been able to find the relevant game files.

I'm also going to request that the PDA Encyclopedia be updated for anomalies. I've been trying hard to use the Quirk + Stone Blood recipe, but apparently I can't tell which anomaly is the "springboard". The artifacts and dog tail just lie on the ground, while the vodka bottle just lazily rolls away... Perhaps it is because I am too close to the anomaly, and the engine causes me to drop the dog tail behind me, or to the side. I'll play with it more to try to figure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, the Steel Kolobok emits radiation, but its description only says "rupture +7%". Then I died and reloaded and the artifact was not where I had found it.

Food radiation: Neat! I'm carrying 5 Stone Blood so I didn't notice anything when I picked up the food.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #164
KarlMonster

Bug Report

'bad anomalies'

I'm finding some anomalies that are not there, but really are. The anomaly is not visible, so nothing is being rendered. The Anomaly forces are present, but at significantly reduced power. At a guess, I would say that both times that I definitely encountered this, it was probably the "whirligig" anomaly. The first time it was obvious because some mutant dogs had been caught in it, and were obviously stuck in the air. These are new anomalies that are being placed in the aftermath of an emission, but they are not properly established.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #165
PenGun

Quote:
'bad anomalies'

I'm finding some anomalies that are not there, but really are. The anomaly is not visible, so nothing is being rendered. The Anomaly forces are present, but at significantly reduced power. At a guess, I would say that both times that I definitely encountered this, it was probably the "whirligig" anomaly. The first time it was obvious because some mutant dogs had been caught in it, and were obviously stuck in the air. These are new anomalies that are being placed in the aftermath of an emission, but they are not properly established.
I think that's a "Lift" anomaly. They don't do much just pick you up a bit and make it hard to move. A few meters wide usually. I ran into one just past the Duty gate on the way to the bar. Seems to be there fairly often.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series