Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #166
TecnoBacon

All NS players

Thanks!,
I will give those who want to contribute anything to NS 133 to insure a really excellent build an email address through STALKERSOUP as soon as I have it ready, watch for a notice.

There are alot more things going wrong with 1.3.2, especially if you use the weapons mod, found many errors.

The boxes and recipe transmutations also got screwed up in the release you are playing (many fixed in 133) 6 new areas on the map are not accesible in 1.3.2 that are in 1.3.3 as well.

Some anomalies that are spawned during HELL HOUR do not function exactly as they should, some are even supposed to teleport you to another location like prebennik which you don't even see on your map.
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #167
KarlMonster

Also Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
I think that's a "Lift" anomaly. They don't do much just pick you up a bit and make it hard to move. A few meters wide usually. I ran into one just past the Duty gate on the way to the bar. Seems to be there fairly often.
That's the second one I found. I think its a bug because the first one I found was in the cordon, north of the railway, with 4 dog corpses suspended off the ground and moving very, very slowly.

In other fun ways to make NS crash;
There is at least one way to make the repair kit crash to desktop. If the repair kit is not on a 'solid' surface - i.e. you did drop it, but somehow it's floating above the floor - there is a high likelihood of a CTD when you pick it up again. If you have it open, and then choose not to use it, the "TAKE ALL" button will CTD. Needs a non-CTD way to close it without using it.

Proper usage should be;
1) make sure you REALLY want to use it
2) save the game
3) drop it in a big open area (good lighting is better)
4) use it, pick it up
5) save the game again - after successfully picking up the repair kit
KarlMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #168
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlMonster View Post
That's the second one I found. I think its a bug because the first one I found was in the cordon, north of the railway, with 4 dog corpses suspended off the ground and moving very, very slowly.

In other fun ways to make NS crash;
There is at least one way to make the repair kit crash to desktop. If the repair kit is not on a 'solid' surface - i.e. you did drop it, but somehow it's floating above the floor - there is a high likelihood of a CTD when you pick it up again. If you have it open, and then choose not to use it, the "TAKE ALL" button will CTD. Needs a non-CTD way to close it without using it.

Proper usage should be;
1) make sure you REALLY want to use it
2) save the game
3) drop it in a big open area (good lighting is better)
4) use it, pick it up
5) save the game again - after successfully picking up the repair kit
I've bounced off a few other places too. I guess the poor dogs died of starvation.

I've had very few problems apart from having to reload the mod to get the Bar to work. The bloodsucker village was a bit buggy too but I had a good save and worked my way through. Pretty stable mostly.

I do make real saves fairly often.

Last edited by PenGun: 05-11-2011 at 02:51 AM.
PenGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #169
Snork

Repair Box

That repair box is a strange thing.
- It can disappear for good. This may happen if you take it into the Arena at the Bar. Also got very careful with it around my stashes. Frequent saves, hard saves, always a good idea with this mod.
- Trash can. Want something to disappear? Put it in the repair box. Not fun if it is your good armor, but very handy later in the game to remove junk items (clean game = less glitchy game).
- CTD. Safely open and close the repair box by having empty gun or armor slot(s), click on a repair kit in the box, nothing to repair, nothing happens, and you can pick up the box again.
- Crashes are common if you have multiple repair boxes in inventory.
Sid supplies your first repair box.

Replacement boxes?
Spoiler:
Bartender at 100Rads has them.
Spoiler part 2, a cheaper replacement box?
Spoiler:
Haggle with the Bartender.
Free repair boxes? Spoiler 3
Spoiler:
Sarcophagus, near the Wish Granter. Find some in corpses.

Last edited by Snork: 05-11-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #170
KarlMonster

I believe I tried to place the repair box inside a stash box (the small toolbox kind) only to have it appear on top of the stash box. Since the little toolbox is not on the ground, but in a small crevasse, the repair box was not on a 'proper' surface, which of course is a harbinger for a CTD in the near future.

Normally, I wouldn't dream of trying to put the repair box into a stash. I'm still a uncomfortable with my traveling weight being 50-60kg out of 100kg max, and I was trying to get my weight down for picking up loot.

But regardless, I am enjoying NS enormously.
... with the exception of 'Horror Time'. That's also pretty cool, but when ammunition is scarce to start with, when Horror Time its over, I've got like 5 bullets left.

Last edited by KarlMonster: 05-11-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #171
PenGun

Quote:
I believe I tried to place the repair box inside a stash box (the small toolbox kind) only to have it appear on top of the stash box. Since the little toolbox is not on the ground, but in a small crevasse, the repair box was not on a 'proper' surface, which of course is a harbinger for a CTD in the near future.

Normally, I wouldn't dream of trying to put the repair box into a stash. I'm still a uncomfortable with my traveling weight being 50-60kg out of 100kg max, and I was trying to get my weight down for picking up loot.

But regardless, I am enjoying NS enormously.
... with the exception of 'Horror Time'. That's also pretty cool, but when ammunition is scarce to start with, when Horror Time its over, I've got like 5 bullets left.
What is Horror Time? The only thing I've seen is at the start I had Zombies and Military attacking the Rookie Camp and the Zombies were hard to kill.

All kinds of weird things happen so I may have not noticed it. The Pseudo attacks at the start of Emissions are a bit of horror I guess.

Going to take down the Lab guards again and see if I can get in. I roamed all over the Dark Valley and hopefully the door will open for me.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #172
Snork

The Time of Terror, Horror Time: How-to Avoid or Disable.

Your PDA will eventually have some local folklore, including a story about "A Nightmare Proof Bucket". Worth a read.

Why would you want to avoid Horror Time? There are those physical effects, which don't seem to bother the guys shooting at you. The game can get glitchy. Key NPCs can get killed. I put up with it for 100+ hours, until it broke my game, with a persistent "cannot sleep" problem. Edited out the feature, and rolled back to good saves.

I know many guys like to figure things out for themselves, so I am trying to keep spoilers hidden. Often wished the GSC forums had the spoiler tag option.

Avoid Terror Time, Horror Time. Small spoiler, or tip:
Spoiler:
Get to sleep before it starts (before 10 pm).
Disable The Time of Terror Here:
Spoiler:
gamedata > scripts > meceniy_utils.script
Edit the file. Change the line "hell = 1" from "1" to "0" (zero).

When to Disable the feature?
Spoiler:
Players might want to consider removing the feature after they have accumulated the 10 zombie hands needed to advance a quest line.
Saving ammo.
Spoiler:
Let them approach and stab them in the head.

Last edited by Snork: 05-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #173
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Your PDA will eventually have some local folklore, including a story about "A Nightmare Proof Bucket". Worth a read.

Why would you want to avoid Horror Time? There are those physical effects, which don't seem to bother the guys shooting at you. The game can get glitchy. Key NPCs can get killed. I put up with it for 100+ hours, until it broke my game, with a persistent "cannot sleep" problem. Edited out the feature, and rolled back to good saves.

I know many guys like to figure things out for themselves, so I am trying to keep spoilers hidden. Often wished the GSC forums had the spoiler tag option.

Avoid Terror Time, Horror Time. Small spoiler, or tip:
Spoiler:
Get to sleep before it starts (before 10 pm).
Disable The Time of Terror Here:
Spoiler:
gamedata > scripts > meceniy_utils.script
Edit the file. Change the line "hell = 1" from "1" to "0" (zero).

When to Disable the feature?
Spoiler:
Players might want to consider removing the feature after they have accumulated the 10 zombie hands needed to advance a quest line.
Saving ammo.
Spoiler:
Let them approach and stab them in the head.
I am not avoiding it, not noticing is what is happening. I have quite a few zombie hands.

I am used to having my vision and balance screwed up, I drink a lot. Anti rad is rare and I just have another vodka. I can fight not bad in that condition. I attribute that to many hours of terrible lag on 28.8 modems playing Quake. I would often just shoot up a door 'cause I knew someone would come through it soon.

It's probable I have not noticed it.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #174
lucid enigma

Downloaded 'main mod' from http://narodnaya.j5films.ca/

What's the keylogger asi about then?
Mods come with keyloggers nowadays do they?!?
lucid enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #175
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid enigma View Post

Go read keylogger.script in /scripts. I think it's just an unfortunate translation.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #176
Snork

Keylogger utility is used to assign hotkeys to keystrokes, like the numpad. File dsound.dll, MD5: f278044bc22e365fa4ab2a7fe6e0a343, Virustotal.com passed all 42 AV scanners Dec-10-2010.

That said, I rename the dsound.dll keylogger.asi files and don't want or use the feature, or any of the Bin folder files in that package. Guys that use the numpad for movement find the keylogger app has them eating all their medkits when they move forward.

Expect the malicious sort of keylogger tries to avoid suspicion by having an innocuous name, like a Codec Pack, or Essential Update, or Not-A-Virus. Or is that what they want you to think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid enigma View Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #177
lucid enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Expect the malicious sort of keylogger tries to avoid suspicion by having an innocuous name, like a Codec Pack, or Essential Update, or Not-A-Virus. Or is that what they want you to think....
That was near enough my own thought process!
lucid enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #178
TecnoBacon

STALKERSOUP

The repair kit is being fixed, arena exp mod broke it in 1.3.2.
There are a few other places that will take stuff and not return it so SOS!

OK, email address to start sending me these issues: stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com

Although many issues in 1.3.2 have already been corrected in 1.3.3, it is always good to verify with the community.

Lift near bar is actually a portal that is not working, there are three that I know of, when you step into it, it should send you to the tunnel under the rr tracks, one is supposed to send you to unexplored earth.
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #179
KarlMonster

OK, I expected that if these "teleports" were Lift anomalies, then they should have been visible in some way.

I understand that improvements have been in the works long before I started playing, I'll just try to be as descriptive as possible in the title. And of course, switch over to the new version when it is available.

@ Snork, Bacon, Pengun, other NS players...
Found the vendor named Adrenaline in the Agroprom... he seems to have weapon specific silencers. I purchased some of these, but its not at all clear to me what weapons they are for. The silencer for 9mm doesn't fit the Skorpion, P-99, MP-5. The silencer for 5.45x45 doesn't fit my paratrooper's AK-74.

Oh, also the rucksack(?) for making stashes desperately needs an additional description saying "SINGLE USE ONLY". I clicked "use", placing it in Sidorovitch' bunker... right next to the personal box.
Yeah... right were I will never need it.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #180
PenGun

Quote:
OK, I expected that if these "teleports" were Lift anomalies, then they should have been visible in some way.

I understand that improvements have been in the works long before I started playing, I'll just try to be as descriptive as possible in the title. And of course, switch over to the new version when it is available.

@ Snork, Bacon, Pengun, other NS players...
Found the vendor named Adrenaline in the Agroprom... he seems to have weapon specific silencers. I purchased some of these, but its not at all clear to me what weapons they are for. The silencer for 9mm doesn't fit the Skorpion, P-99, MP-5. The silencer for 5.45x45 doesn't fit my paratrooper's AK-74.

Oh, also the rucksack(?) for making stashes desperately needs an additional description saying "SINGLE USE ONLY". I clicked "use", placing it in Sidorovitch' bunker... right next to the personal box.
Yeah... right were I will never need it.
I never took that. There seem to be stashes all over, dunno how well they work but the one in the Bar stored my Lynx just fine.

The Lynx in NS is a Vintar modded to 5.56x45 ammo and that Orsezy guy who is in the Rookie village after the Cave has it for sale. I worked hard for the $s then carried it around useless till I found my first NATO rounds, was given actually. Worth the pain. Accurate, hits hard and silent.

I have not used a pistol 'cause I had pretty sweet guns right away. I have many guns now including an AK 103 with a grenade launcher for tough targets. The silenced AK modded to 9x39mm you get from the Duty Col for ... I forget is very fine too. I'm carrying enough to use ammo I might find, the rest are stashed.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series