Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum

Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Goatman455

Game is Great, Any Plans For Adding Competetive Multiplayer?

This game is fantastic, I love the concept, and the execution is coming along nicely. Also, at 19.99 for two copies, it's a steal, should probably be $29.99 (shhhhhh, don't tell the devs.)

So my question is, any chance of developing a competitive multiplayer mode? One where 2 teams would work against each other in some form. I doubt this is planned at the moment, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

One simple way to do it would be to have the monsters spawn at each others base.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I like the way the game is, but some people really enjoy playing against humans as well.

PS Please don't tell me to try Monday Night Combat, or that this idea is merely Monday Night Combat, while having the competitive aspect brings the game closer to that concept, it would certainly be a different game.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Tulipopa

There are leaderboards, which give a form of competitiveness. I don't really see other types fitting this type of game.

Of course there could be a mode, where the teams could use their funds to purchase monsters to attack the enemy team's base, but it probably wouldn't work that great.
Tulipopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
awesome_ninjaa

Banned
they will be working on it they said
awesome_ninjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Nekomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipopa View Post
Of course there could be a mode, where the teams could use their funds to purchase monsters to attack the enemy team's base, but it probably wouldn't work that great.
Well, Sol Survivor was able to pull it off, but it's a more traditional TD game. But i agree it would be a lot harder in Sanctum.

But i could imagine a Last Man Standing 2vs2 mode, which team is able to last longer?
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
wild9ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipopa View Post
There are leaderboards, which give a form of competitiveness. I don't really see other types fitting this type of game.

L4D style Versus was suggested by someone before.
wild9ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum