Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series

Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
jpinmo

ACBSP.exe has stopped working

Ok just got done with Dragon Age, and decided to start playing AC Brotherhood and I cant get past the opening video without getting this error. ACBSP.exe has stopped working. Yeah I finally got my Ubisoft account logged in and that made no difference. Anyone have any ideas??? My setup is a 2600K Intel processor MSI P67a-gd65, 8 gigs of ram and a ATI Radeon 6970 2 gig. OS is Win 7 64 bit. Any ideas appreciated.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Callub

I had the exact same problem. I deleted the game folder in the steam area then reinstalled. Or if you're not like me and have a save game folder you can delete the Options File in C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\SAVES
Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
jpinmo

I cant even get into the game on either my main system or my laptop. I dont have any saved games. Now it says the game isnt available???
jpinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Callub

Same thing happened to me, no saved game folder. So go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood and delete the Brotherhood folder first, then delete local content, then download. Only way I know to fix it.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
jpinmo

Dont have a Program files(x86) on Windows 7. I have steam on my 1TB drive (D) as my main drive(C) is an SSD.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
Pridit

I have the exact same problem, I think it may have something to do with Steam and the Ubisoft Game Launcher being on separate drives so the game can't find it therefore produces that error.

I've tried moving the launcher into D:\ where Steam is installed but it made no difference, I'm so confused.
Pridit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
jpinmo

Well I reinstalled the whole game still getting the ACBSP error. I tried multi-player and it crashes also. Please help
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Pridit

I somehow managed to fix it, see if you have a "Saved Games" folder in your Documents commonly in C:\Users\username\Documents. If you do not, create one and then try launching the game.

A long shot but after I did that, I managed to get it working.
Pridit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
jpinmo

Well now it wont accept my Steam version key it says its invalid. I still dont have it working, anyone else have any suggestions
Old 07-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
serichwestsider

THIS GOT IT WORKING FOR ME

For anybody who is trying to play ac: brotherhood through steam and constantly gets the "ACBSP.exe has stopped working" error, this is how I fixed mine

There is a 1.03 patch which prevents the start-up crash; running this patch from the "ac_brotherhood_1.03_wwonline, 'setup.exe'" file downloaded from the Ubisoft website gave me the error message, "could not retrieve version number"..so letting the game patch itself is the best way to do this.

1...(ctrl+a) TO SELECT EVERYTHING in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood" and "ctrl+x" to cut the selected files(should be everything in the folder).
2...open C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" folder and (ctrl+v) to paste everything that was selected and cut from the "...steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood" folder.
3...in its new home,(C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood), run the ACBSP application, and it should proceed to the "patching" splash screen.

Everything should be smooth sailing from there as it was for me...
Good luck everyone and see you in the gaming world
Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Rdffgriffin

^^ This didn't work for me

However, i got another possible solution, let me explain in detail:

First, i purchased in sale, downloaded the 8,8GB and started the game. Right away i altered the graphic settings, because i thought they were too low. Start the game, the scene with Desmond narrating the recap of AC 1 and 2 goes fine. In the scene where Ezio fights the soldiers, the game crashes to desktop with the message "ACSBP.exe stopped working". Restart the game with everything set on lowest settings. In that scenes it goes a little further, but crashes again.

Looking in the internet and in this forums, i can't find a workable solution: pasting the contents of AC Brotherhood folder in steamapps in Ubisoft folder, didn't work. FInally, i try to put the application in compatibility mode, to XP SP2 and run as administrator. Now, the game goes through the scene, without crashing!! However, it has NO SOUND at all. Looking for fixes in google point me to this bug, albeit on PS3 version, nothing about PC.

FInally, after some time, i notice Steam is automatically updating this game (about 180MB). After this new download, the game works totally fine! So far i have about 1h of play and no crash, and with sound.

My conclusion is that this problem already has a fix, and Steam should automatically download it. ALso, try running in compatibility mode, to versions released before Win 7.
Rdffgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
derek328

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinmo View Post
Well now it wont accept my Steam version key it says its invalid. I still dont have it working, anyone else have any suggestions
Try to validate the game cache, and hopefully it will find some corrupted files and fix them accordingly. If the check turns out fine, I would suggest you go to right click on "Computer" -> Click "Properties" -> click "System Protection" on the left side of the new window, and a new smaller window will pop up.

In that new smaller window that just popped up, look for the "Advanced" tab, click the "Settings" button under the category labelled Performance, then click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.

Now, make sure you select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select". Add ACBSP.exe to the list. Restart your computer and it should be fine.

That's how I managed to fix mine. DEP is a problem for alot of games.
derek328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series