Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 04-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
ermitaum

Is it worth it?

I have just played the demonstration and I thought I was very good, but I was hoping if someone who actually has the full version of this game could tell me if it is worth paying for. I'll appreciate any help.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
bon3sko

It is worth 15€ but I would rather wait for sale. its pointless to spend money on this game, if you are looking forward to other games (trine 2, torchlight 2, portal 2, tera, bf3). Worth 5 euro for me
bon3sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Euphytose

I really don't see how Trine, Portal, and Battlefield could be even compared to Torchlight. I don't know what Tera is.

But it's worth the price, even 30 euros would still be a good price, you have tons of mods and a huge replay value.

That said, bon3sko is right on one point, Torchlight will be released in about 4 months so if you can wait you'll have a better game, just because of the multiplayer.
Euphytose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
Ryuubei

Torchlight 2 wont have multiplayer, it'll be online co-op, there is a difference. They are planning to release a MMO version of Torchlight though.

As for is T1 worth buying? HELL YEAH!!! I've had it since day one, bought it originally from them direct, then i bought it in the retail box, and then on steam finally. It's one of about 4 games that i play frequently, and the only game i take everywhere with me on my lap top.
Ryuubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
White Noise

Did you enjoy the demo? If yes, buy it. If not, don't. It's basically more of the same, lots, lots more. I mean this in a good way, as there's basically more maps, more baddies, and more loot to hoard.

I didn't even like Diablo 2, but for whatever reason enjoyed Torchlight. There isn't much in the story department but it's a fun rump if you like dungeon crawlers. Mods fix many of the possible annoying elements.
White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Webbstre

Co-op is one kind of multiplayer... just thought I'd point that out :P

Torchlight 2 will be better in basically every respect, but if you want to get warmed up now, this is a good cheap game.
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
JoeB

If you like the "dungeon crawler with a single town as a hub" setup, then this (and its upcoming sequel) are for you. You have the main dungeon which you explore and also progress the story as you go and then a whole slew of maps you can find which in turn generate a short dungeon for you as well for the sake of getting more experience, gold, and loot.

If you get bored of dungeon crawlers though, then you may want to pass on this title.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
ejony10

Personally, I highly recommend this game. It has multiple elements of Diablo 2, some looks/feel of WoW, and an (IMO) expands on what Diablo always lacked (all versions).
ejony10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
FailSquad69

wait for torchlight 2.
FailSquad69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
greatlordkaiser

i'd recommend it if you enjoyed diablo and diablo II. unless you are poor, buy it.
greatlordkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #11
ermitaum

Thx alot for all the help!!!
ermitaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
Spyder810

If you liked the demo, then you'll definitely get more than get your $15 worth. I would have been willing to pay plenty more for as much as I've played so far(bought on release).

Regardless of Torchlight 2 coming out this summer, there is no good reason not to get this now.
Spyder810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
bl4ckrider

Played through the demo that was sitting on my computer and bought the whole thing for 15€ and continued 5 minutes later.

Everything is taken over, there is no new download of sorts and the game is just as good as the demo promises.

Sure you can wait for a sale, but when will that come?
bl4ckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Sami69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermitaum View Post
I have just played the demonstration and I thought I was very good, but I was hoping if someone who actually has the full version of this game could tell me if it is worth paying for. I'll appreciate any help.
Torchlight is diablo clone but more casual than other clones. If you like at least little bit of Titan quest, Diablo 2, Sacred then i warmly recommend this game for price range of 5-20euros or 10-25dollars. Just don't expect any immersive story coz it just goes like this: Start the game, go after this dude in the mines, level up, loot, sell loot, back to dungeons and so on. ITs strength is addictivenes and tight gameplay. When you finish it once and feel like you worn the game out and never play it again i bet you get surprised to play it again after 1month and try different character. After beating it with all 3 characters you can try mods for fun and some of them are quite good.

Don't worry if you like Diablo clones you like this game and you get a lot of content for its price.
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
clintercell

Torchlight is great - I was happy that I bought it. I can't wait for the second one. Fingers crossed for multiplayer!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series