Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Itty Bitty Kitt

Dawn of War 2 Won't Start - PLEASE HELP

So I hadn't played Dawn of War II in a while and wanted to finish it, because it is awesome and amazing. It starts fine, but after trying to log into Windows Live it said it wanted to install an update. So I say OK and the game reboots... but then asks me again. It did this about five times.

I give up and decide to try to install it manually, and end of installing the download from the Games For Windows Live download page. After having done that, the game CRASHES ON STARTUP.

I try to run GWFL, and when I do it says I need the Sign-In Assistant, which the initial download said it covered.
The problem is when I try to manually install THAT, the install says it "ends prematurely due to an error".

I'm basically having the exact same issue as this person:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1682606

I sent a crash report, and it sent me to some Relic crash report site that says that a new update causes the game to need Windows Live-Sign In Assistant to play it.

I've been trying to install it all day, I am at my wits end.

Last edited by Itty Bitty Kitt: 04-12-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Itty Bitty Kitt

Okay, looking around, it should be noted that I use XP, not Vista or 7. The Sign-In Assistant installer I have seems to be only for 7, and I cannot find any for XP, and the game won't run without it.

Has this GFWL update really rendered my game unplayable on my computer? That seems really absurd.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Draesk

As I posted over in that topic, I have the same issue. However, I am on Win7, and even with the sign-in assistant installed, the game still will not start!
Draesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Draesk

Found something that might help you Kitt: http://community.dawnofwar2.com/forums/topic/43756
Draesk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series